Has Your Zodiac Sign Changed?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by spiritsong72, Jan 14, 2011.

1. spiritsong72

spiritsong72 New Member

2. B_Nicodemous

B_Nicodemous New Member

I have been trying to explain this since last night to my Sis! LOL! She was pissed becuas she wouldn't be a scorpio but a libra or even a Vurgo If she included the 13th sign. And then Our Other sis, the Eldest, would have been an Aquarius not a Puces and I would have gone from a Cancer on the Leo cusp to a Cancer on the Gemini cusp. My sis was pissed that we would have lost our symetry (all water signs represented) so will be happy when i show her this!

3. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    It is bizarre that there has been an uproar over the introduction of a sort of "leap sign" to make the astrological calendar catch up with celestial reality. "Correcting" the astrological calendar in light of what is actually happening in the sky is like correcting divination by chicken bones in light of some facts about the skeletal structure of chickens.

4. _Edu

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Whatever happens I'm still a Cancer ahahah

5. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

I don't care what that article seems to infer- still a Taurus here, strong like bull.

6. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

In a way though, our star signs HAVE still changed (or rather, they've stayed the same, but there's more to it than many of us knew).

Before, I went through life thinking I was a Taurus. And that was that.

Then I find out I'm actually supposed to be an Aries :eek:.

THEN I'm told that I'm still a Taurus going by the tropical zodiac.

The thing is, now I know that I'm an Aries by the sidereal zodiac, I'm forever going to remember it. I can't un-know it. So in a way my star sign HAS changed because I'll be going around thinking I'm a Taurus-in-tropical-zodiac-but-Aries-in-sidereal-zodiac, rather than just a Taurus.

7. spiritsong72

spiritsong72 New Member

I'm gonna fix this for ya baby. The Tropical zodiac is how Western astrology is defined. The Sidereal zodiac is how Eastern astrology is defined. If you were born between April 20th and May 20th (approximately), based on the Tropical zodiac which all Westerners have used for aeons you are a Taurus. The End.

And while it's true that you can't UN-learn what you now know about the Sideral zodiac, you can use the new knowledge to your advantage. Say you do something COMPLETELY out of character and people marvel at it, you can say "Oh I guess I was just feeling like a Sidereal Aries today." It's like being a bi-sexual. Twice the rides!!! LOLOLOL

Anywhoo, the truth of the matter is it's all in what you believe. After doing your homework if you feel you spiritually connect more with the Sidereal zodiac rather than the Tropical one (or vice versa), I say go for it. :wink:

8. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

ROFL :biggrin1:. I like this view of things.

Funny enough, I don't technically believe in astrology at all. I just think it can be fun sometimes.

9. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    "The truth of the matter is it's all in what you believe": what is all in what one believes? I don't think that there is even any room for belief here, only for an idle play of the imagination. Astrology is a system of made-up stuff that does not answer to reality at all; so no one should take seriously the idea of "correcting" it (not that the proposed "correction" was meant seriously), any more than anyone should take seriously the system itself as a source of predictions. If you like to think of yourself as a Pisces or whatever and to go noting things in your experience that coincide with your horoscope, you are engaging in Texas sharpshooting---drawing the target around the spot where the arrow lands. That is a harmless eccentricity like stepping over cracks in the sidewalk if you are aware of what you are doing, but if you start believing that your bullseye hits show the predictive accuracy of the system, then you are getting to be more like the person with OCD who can't step on the cracks.

10. D_Audemar_Awfulass

D_Audemar_Awfulass Account Disabled

You would be surprised by how accurate astrological prediction can be. But that has nothing to do with mainstream 'sun sign' astrology you see all the time on newspaper horoscopes and mainstream media. Nothing.

11. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Dude, any idiot can predict the future with 100% accuracy. Here are some infallible predictions: Within ten minutes of my posting this, someone will say the word "hello" to somebody, somewhere in the world. A bird will chirp. And so on. Or let us try vagueness: Someone important to you will make contact with you soon. You will find a new way in life. The supposed "accuracy" of astrological "predictions" is a product of their vacuity and vagueness. People search through their experience until they find an item that conforms to the prediction, and, if they are credulous, they take this as evidence of the accuracy of the prediction. This habit of mind is called confirmation bias. Learn about it, and start thinking like an intelligent adult instead of a child or a sucker.

12. B_nyvin

B_nyvin New Member

I don't know, I find gemini's to be extremely annoying almost every time.

13. lucky8

Gold Member

Astrological signs have been wrong for a long time now, this isn't new news....and yes, they have changed...

14. lucky8

Gold Member

I tend to agree with this point of view, but something happened to me a few years ago that still baffles me. One of my friends and I went to a head shop to find a new bong probably about 6 years ago. The second we walked in the door, the girl behind the counter looked at us and immediately pointed at me and said "you're a virgo," then pointed at my friend and said "you're a scorpio, you guys are going to be friends for the rest of your lives." Shockingly she was right, and I know I'll be friends with this dude forever. Mind you, we hadn't said or done anything to give any hints as to what signs we were. We literally just opened the door, hadn't said anything, didn't look at each other or anything at all, and she was spot on. She said she had been studying astrology and was just practicing what she had learned. I'm still baffled by how she did it..the chances of accurately guessing both of our signs without any prior knowledge or anything can't be all that high, so maybe there is a little something to it?

15. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    :eek: How did you know I was a Gemini?

16. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I've always had 5 planets in Leo and I'm still indubitably me. :biggrin1:

17. IntentsOfCare

IntentsOfCare Member

Albums:

Lol funny side note, some people still use chicken bones to divine.

18. spiritsong72

spiritsong72 New Member

I know this was not directed at me but I feel as a person who DOES believe in astrology (along with a PLETHORA of other things most others don't) I should speak up.

Calboner, I absolutely respect your reasoning. I really do. I get the logic behind what you're trying to get across. I also absolutely respect your decision not to believe. I would hope your decision not to believe has the same respect for my decision to believe. In other words, to each their own.

To call someone a child or a sucker because they don't believe the way you do - especially in matters that don't affect you either way - is a dangerous thing. It's divisive and intolerant. And while I realize we don't live in a world where everything is rainbows and unicorns, on matters that don't affect you either way it really is best to just live and let live.

Are you entitled to your opinion? Of course. Far be it from me to deny you of that right. Just be careful of your words, for they have consequence.

19. D_Tilly_De_Toilet

D_Tilly_De_Toilet New Member

20. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    Horoscope:

You will find true love on flag day.

Draft saved Draft deleted