Hate Bush? Here's Yer Ticket

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Amusing, indeed. Apparently, over the last 15 years, that "obscene bumper sticker" law has been challenged in court 5 times, and each time the courts find the law to be unconstitutional. Why it's still on the books is anybody's guess.

I want to know why the arresting officer has not been charged with making false arrest. I want to know if DeKalb County will have to pay damages. I hope so. They need to pay her $1000 for every hour she spent during the arrest process, every hour she spent in her legal defense, every hour she spent in trial. They also need to pay her $10,000 for every hour of work she missed because of it.

These cops are "enforcing" laws that they KNOW are invalid. It is nothing more than an intimidation tactic and power play.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh yeah, not to mention the people who have been arrested for protesting bush's speeches but never charged with crimes. Is this really the America we believe we live in? As angry as I am at the administration for doing these illegal things to our people, I'm even more outraged that "we the people" have let it happen. We HAVE mass communication now, what's our fucking excuse?

I, like everyone else, am too fat and too lazy to get out and make a real difference. I'm not going to get myself arrested and hire and ACLU attourney to fight and publicise the event. Hell, I'm not even sending very nasty letters to the Whitehouse for fear of disappearing myself. The few pointed letters I've sent to my congressmen and governors have only earned me replies that make it clear that my opinion is neither wanted or needed, and I've left it at that. We are ALL to blame for the loss of our civil liberties and the direction our government has taken. The rest of the world knows this even if we keep sticking our heads in the sand while it happens saying "not me!"

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Zora, can you do a Nazi salute? I think in about 10 years a blond hairstyle may become the must-live acessory.

Anyway, be glad you're not in the UK, our cops have a right to kill that'd make James Bond jealous.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ORCABOMBER said:
Zora, can you do a Nazi salute? I think in about 10 years a blond hairstyle may become the must-live acessory.

Anyway, be glad you're not in the UK, our cops have a right to kill that'd make James Bond jealous.

Ha, that is probably true, but somehow I doubt they're as eager to use it as ours are. We live in an angry, violent society compared to Europe. This was most apparent to me when I was driving in Spain and I didn't see even ONE incident of road rage- it was amazing, but very nice. The only cops I saw were standing around in the roundabouts all but posing in the sun- what a difference.