Hate Crimes Rise While General Crimes Fall In Some Areas

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In what commission Executive Director Robin Toma called an alarming trend, hate crimes based on race, religion and sexual orientation all rose, increasing against nearly all groups -- including blacks, gays, Jews, Mexicans, whites and Asians -- even as crime in general declined.

Levin said other areas of the country have reported similar increases, including a 30% increase in New York last year; a 10-year study published last fall found that hate crimes in New York began to increase two years ago after declining over several years.

:mad::frown1::mad::frown1:

Bigotry/hatred is the new Louis bag, you just GOTTA have it. I remember a brief time where hatred was frowned upon, now people defend their hatred fervently.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If people weren't occupied with hating so much, they would find space for love. But there is nothing one can do about haters. But there is a lot you can do with how you deal with a hater's hate. You can choose the positive...or you can let that hate infect you. Blind you. And you may end up losing who you are in the process.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's a sad true fact of human nature. Some people are ignorant and lack the ability to show love. Many choose hate over love not because they are ignorant. It's because they have hate in their hearts. The media allways reports the bad going on and not the good. The man dying and not a baby being born. I stiil see a lot of love in this often cruel world we live in. Another day. Another ray of hope.

Last edited:

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
anything can happen at any time..
just because the victim's skin was a different color, doesnt mean that had anything to do with the "crime" in most cases ,, get real, you focus way too much on racial shit..

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wonder when people will realize that it should make no difference who the next person does in the bedroom or how much melanin is in their skin. Besides, on an exponential level, we are, literally, all brothers and sisters.

No reason to hate.

Sure, we all have different customs, but we all have the same goals. Pretty sad that people don't stop to see that what we have in common far outweighs the trivial things that "seperate" us.

Last edited:

D_one and done

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
um im pretty sure it wasnt marley who classified all these crimes as hate crimes uncut hes just pointing out the fact that they are on the rise. and also if you bothered to read the post at all it refers to hate crimes in general, which encompases more than just race.

im sure you just assumed marley was speaking of a racial issue before you even came in this thread

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
um im pretty sure it wasnt marley who classified all these crimes as hate crimes uncut hes just pointing out the fact that they are on the rise. and also if you bothered to read the post at all it refers to hate crimes in general, which encompases more than just race.

im sure you just assumed marley was speaking of a racial issue before you even came in this thread

Don't listen to uncut, he's LPSG's resident troll who rarely says anything substantial, he just shoots for the balls regardless of relevance. He likes attention and being argumentative, we had a falling out long ago so he's eternally out to prove me to be a Jesse Jackson style wacko. I'd LOVE for him to prove that all I talk about is race.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't listen to uncut, he's LPSG's resident troll who rarely says anything substantial, he just shoots for the balls regardless of relevance. He likes attention and being argumentative, we had a falling out long ago so he's eternally out to prove me to be a Jesse Jackson style wacko. I'd LOVE for him to prove that all I talk about is race.

apparently he felt the need to Pm me and call me a troll, ect ect, lol
please dont PM me and insult me anymore ... thanks

we had a falling out? i never knew we talked in the first place..
dont PM me anymore marley, i dont care..

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
what is a "hate crime"?

You know the answer to that question, and your implication that some people are just "playing the card" is correct and is definitely noted.

so the government can regulate my feelings?

I'm not Barack Obama, PLEASE no spin and hyperbole here, save that for the POTUS. Here's an example of a hate crime:

Racist man intentionally runs over black woman on bicycle

Gist: White man runs over black woman cuz she's black. Screams racial slurs at her and says he's out to kill black people cuz a black man slept with his wife. Did the infidelity create hostility towards blacks or was it underlying and finally found cause to emergy?

Besides, considering how up-in-arms you got about National Minority Mental Health Month, I believe your exact words were "you are sick of hearing about such things" puts your posts in a specific context that I won't call out, but definitely notice.

apparently he felt the need to Pm me and call me a troll, ect ect, lol
please dont PM me and insult me anymore ... thanks

we had a falling out? i never knew we talked in the first place..
dont PM me anymore marley, i dont care..

Go get laid, EVERYBODY KNOWS you're a charming little troll, a look at your post history proves that beyond a shadow of a doubt. I won't PM you anymore, I just didn't want you thinking I'm stupid enough to believe that you're anything but a troll. I have you on ignore BTW I just check in from time to time to see if you've yet removed your head from your asshole. I've got an aunt who practices medicine, maybe she could recommend an ointment that might help.:wink:

Last edited:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
how would "racist man intentionally runs over black woman" differ from "angry man intentionally runs over [drinking buddy] [ex-wife] [bill collector] [IRS agent]?

again it seems the feds are trying to regulate my feelings toward specified (reified in terms of a political ideology) categories?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
how would "racist man intentionally runs over black woman" differ from "angry man intentionally runs over [drinking buddy] [ex-wife] [bill collector] [IRS agent]?

It's a classified hate crime because it's based on her color. It's the reason WHY that makes it a hate crime. If you don't understand the concept, I dunno what to tell ya.

again it seems the feds are trying to regulate my feelings toward specified (reified in terms of a political ideology) categories?

They're tried to regulate your feelings? Stop drinking Jesse Jackson's koolaid, it's poison.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I almost answered your post. Uncut was my old user name. I changed it. LOL. You and i and Marley are on the same page on this.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

How you feel about a particular "category" race, gender, nationality or whatever is YOUR business and nobody gives a flying fuck about itl.

However it becomes a CRIME when your feelings cause you to act out in some way that harms or impedes the well being and liberty of others.

Most know that, of course, but some need it spelled out for them.

(...though no doubt, bigots feel their liberties and well being are also infringed upon by merely having to deal with or even see people of "specified categories".)

Last edited: