Hate Crimes Rise While General Crimes Fall In Some Areas

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
again, motive has always consisted in did I point the gun and pull the trigger?

did I know that pointing the gun and pulling the trigger would kill that fellow?

if the answer was yes, then I was guilty.

NOW, the government is asking what my feeling was, what my thought about that special status group was

THAT evidently, is now the basis for the existence of a crime

You're confusing motive with intent. Intent has to do with the above. Motive has to do with the cause for the above.

inapposite analogy

not at all

does not go to the issue of whether or not this individual committed the offense or not

what it does do, is invoke the claim of special status, so that the true issue is made irrelevant

it does if it can be proven that the prosecution and or actions of individuals who handled the investigation were racially motivated and the evidence therefore tainted, flawed, witheld, manipulated, and handled in a way designed to deny the defendant fair treatment under the law.

the fifty-per centers

those who put a hyphen before American when referring to their identity

those who would shoot you for wandering into their neighborhood, simply because the word preceding the hyphen in your ascription differs from theirs

they, who riot on the basis of race, or sexual orientation, etc

Oh, I GOT your drift, bud, and "your number". I just wanted you to spell it out loud and clear for the rest of us.

Last edited:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You're confusing motive with intent. Intent has to do with the above. Motive has to do with the cause for the above.

correct!

motive is what the law enforcement investigators are concerned with to identify the perpetrator

intent is what the law is concerned in finding to determine guilt

my bad

(that concludes my posting)

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

not at all

Don't worry about it, the bigot (who believes that having blacks on his side cancels his bigotry) is outta this thread.

Back to the OP, I agree with earlier sentiments that it's increased stress that is a major contributing factor. This isn't stress like "Will I get a date Fri. night", this stress is "Will me and my kids be homeless?" or "I'm gonna lose my job cuz I can't afford to drive to work". Most people harbor prejudices (though I STILL refuse to believe that everyone does and that it's "human nature") and those are exemplified when they feel like victims, they want to take back control and choose targets that cosign their prejudices like the white man who ran over the black woman.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Don't worry about it, the bigot (who believes that having blacks on his side cancels his bigotry) is outta this thread.

Back to the OP, I agree with earlier sentiments that it's increased stress that is a major contributing factor. This isn't stress like "Will I get a date Fri. night", this stress is "Will me and my kids be homeless?" or "I'm gonna lose my job cuz I can't afford to drive to work". Most people harbor prejudices (though I STILL refuse to believe that everyone does and that it's "human nature") and those are exemplified when they feel like victims, they want to take back control and choose targets that cosign their prejudices like the white man who ran over the black woman.

Well in that case, his black buddies will REALLY appreciate that line about "those who put a hyphen before American when referring to their identity".

You know...us "fifty percenters". (LM fuckin' AO).

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well in that case, his black buddies will REALLY appreciate that line about "those who put a hyphen before American when referring to their identity".

You know...us "fifty percenters". (LM fuckin' AO).

I didn't bother reading his page-long posts, it's just as much a waste of time as watching Bill O'Reilly, they both are equally as UNclever in disguising their bigotry. I REFUSE to take someone seriously who claims NOT to be a bigot and says they're "sick and tired of hearing about minority problems".

That's why, minus the violence, I respect people who are HONEST about their prejudices. I'd rather someone call me a nigger to my face than to pretend not to be a racist. Fucking cowards.

London_Calling

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Serious question here...

Here in the UK we have had a huge rise in knife crimes over the past couple of years, the largest percentage being black on black, a much smaller percentage black on white with the remainder being white on white or black.
To me all of these stabbings would appear to be hate crimes because I can't imagine sticking a knife in somebody without feeling any hate for that person but would any of them be considered hate crimes by law whether here or in the USA?
Does the crime have to be commited by a person of a majority group (in this case here in the UK, white or heterosexual) to a person belonging to a minority to be classed as one?

Sorry, I know this question comes accross as sounding a bit naive but I find any crime, especially when resulting in murder, as heinous as the next regardless of the motive.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Does the crime have to be commited by a person of a majority group (in this case here in the UK, white or heterosexual) to a person belonging to a minority to be classed as one?

No, blacks can commit hate crimes against blacks, hispanics against hispanics, etc...

Hate crime: A crime motivated by prejudice against a social group

What makes it a hate crime is motivation. If 'A' knifes 'B' cuz B slept with A's wife, that's not a hate crime. If 'A' knifes 'B' cuz of a prejudice ('A' hates blacks, women, whites, Muslims, midgets, etc.... and 'B' is one of those), it's a hate crime.

Sorry, I know this question comes across as sounding a bit naive but I find any crime, especially when resulting in murder, as heinous as the next regardless of the motive.

Very true, they're all heinous, but "hate crimes" sort of fall under discrimination legislation, the crime is commited because of a discriminatory attitude.

London_Calling

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No, blacks can commit hate crimes against blacks, hispanics against hispanics, etc...

What makes it a hate crime is motivation. If 'A' knifes 'B' cuz B slept with A's wife, that's not a hate crime. If 'A' knifes 'B' cuz of a prejudice ('A' hates blacks, women, whites, Muslims, midgets, etc.... and 'B' is one of those), it's a hate crime.

Very true, they're all heinous, but "hate crimes" sort of fall under discrimination legislation, the crime is commited because of a discriminatory attitude.

Thanks for answering a question which the answer seems so obvious now that you've had to spell it out to me! :smile:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks for answering a question which the answer seems so obvious now that you've had to spell it out to me! :smile:

Well, it's not always cut and dry, there are loopholes and exceptions, that's why people charged with hate crimes often get them reduced, even if they really did technically commit a hate crime.