Haute Couture

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can't be the only gay guy here who's appreciative of the very superficial, yet wonderful art of clothing design.... :rolleyes:

Anyone willing to post up photos of their favorite examples of haute couture clothing or possibly a favorite fashion photo shoot?

Just curious... after all, this is the clothing department!

Lynx

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dior has their Autumn/Winter 2010 Haute Couture collection by John Galliano on their site with video and pics. I've always felt that they are among the top fashion houses and one of the few who still have a haute couture collection (others are Lagerfeld for Chanel, Givenchy and Lacroix). This collection seems to have a 40's feel to it..excellent!

B_Artful Dodger

Experimental Member
Media
I've always felt that they are among the top fashion houses and one of the few who still have a haute couture collection (others are Lagerfeld for Chanel, Givenchy and Lacroix).

Plus Armani, Elie Saab and Valentino...

BTW although not an official couture house, the new Oscar de la Renta collection is very impressive. But if you are after real couture, Givenchy for the win. :biggrin1:

CowandaBunny

Just Browsing
Media
You've said it Artful Dodger. Sure, Galliano is great, Lagerfeld is still going, but Ricardo Tisci is where it is at right now. He is relevant, and new in a field of design that has so much history. He's building on a new area of exploration alongside Alexander Wang and Gareth Pugh. Heroine chic and futuristic grunge for the win.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Alexander Wang, Gareth Pugh and Balmain's style aesthetic gives me the drama of high fashion and the wearability of sportswear. They are my favorite houses right now.