Have political spectators caught severe ADD?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LeeEJ, Oct 11, 2009.

1. LeeEJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    Never mind H1N1...

And, to be fair, I haven't bothered to look at our Politics forum until recently, but...

What the fuck? Have people forgotten how long it takes to maneuver policies and opinions in national and world politics?

Gazillions of dollars, euros, yen, and other currencies, along with millions of personnel (all the way from military troops to local public servants), are affected by such large-scale decisions. Those decisions, then, are NOT taken lightly.

Something on a small scale like a condo or neighborhood association is enough of a pain in the ass -- even there, changes can't happen very quickly, if at all. Why does it seem like people are expecting faster results from much, much bigger organizations?

It's not even specific to LPSG, either. The impatience I've read here only mirrors what I've heard on TV, on the street, and among some coworkers.

I wonder how many of these whiners and complainers have either held public office, directed public organizations, or been in charge of large corporations.

2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

it's not so much realization of the intended results now, but the expected consequences projected from current policies that fuels my evaluations

3. midlifebear

Gold Member

I think you've nailed it, LeeEJ. The whiners and opiners want everything done "now!" and no exceptions. Those who have been involved with something as mundane as a being member of the neighborhood association or co-op board have a better grasp of what it takes to see changes proposed, supported, followed through, and completed. But ADD is the excuse for everything early in this Century.

From practical experience, I can assure you that those who suffer this "everything now" syndrome do not last long in corporate culture. At first, they may seem motivated go-getters, but after a while nothing gets done because they offend their coworkers and can't organize a 15 minute meeting.

4. LeeEJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    ADD + fear of the unknown = irrational thought and unreasonable expectations.

5. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Would you say those who wonder why 8 months later and all those shovel-ready projects with only 14% spent on the (alleged) stimulus package is also "political ADD"?

Maybe it's the policy-makers whom have the ADD as they are telling us everything needs to pushed now, no time to vet, read or debate.

6. LeeEJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    Mmm hmm...

When you can tell me why those specific projects haven't started yet (and I do mean specific), then either take them up with your congressman or go find the head of the shovel-pushing company and get them started.

You're impatient enough to take matters into your own hands, aren't you?

Draft saved Draft deleted