Have to pee when I lay down

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
I have the most annoying problem. Ive had it for a year but I dont think much of it. Now im at school and sleep in a top bunk so its a pita to take care.

Before I goto bed i always shower and take a pee. I lay down and within 5 mins i gotta pee. I then just lay there and I cant fall asleep until i go pee again. Id say it happens probably about 70% of nights.

I feel it could be a psychological thing or physical but I dont think anything is seriously wrong.

Anyone have any ideas to get this sorted out?

Scorpiorising

1st Like
Media
I have the same thing. Have had it for years. In the past, I had prostate trouble, and my prostate is slightly enlarged, now. That may have a lot to do with it. I personally never saw a doctor for the peeing problem, but I would recommend it since it could be a since of something going on with the prostate.

Good luck.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Anyone have any ideas to get this sorted out?
You were worried about something else kind of like this awhile ago in another thread, or am I mistaken? It sounds like you are prone to obsessive worries over what usually turns out to be nothing.

Go pee again and go back to bed. Maybe keep a widemouth jar by your bed?

SirNeal8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I agree with the urologist idea. Consider taking more time to pee, too. Take a book, sit for a spell, see if it all comes out. If not, I'd say back to the urologist.

But it is probably nothing...

The bladder doesn't empty completely when you pee standing. It may be that you're feeling the residual urine left in the bladder and while laying down it's stimulating areas inside the bladder to feel full. Try making the last pee of the night sitting down and leaning forward a bit. That should empty out everything.

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
Yeah this is the same problem that I posted before but I never really got a good answer. Ill try the sitting thing. It is annoying because a lot of times i hop into bed ready to pass out only to have to get up 10 mins later because i gotta pee.

I am athletic and eat well/ drink a lot of fluids so that probably has something to do with it.

Adrian69702006

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Limit your fluid intake after teatime. If you drink a lot you will need to pee - however healthy you are.

It's certainly worth seeing a doctor and taking proper advice just to rule out any underlying physical problems - although I doubt in your case that there are any.

To make things easier you could invest in some pads or incotinence pants to wear at night. That way you could call your bladder's bluff instead of having to get up and go to the toilet ten minutes after getting into bed.

snax

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was having some back problems recently (I just turned 30) and I went to see the chiropractor for it. After he had taken xrays, during his consultation he asked me if I ever had to pee after I had gone to bed. I had noticed that it was happening once or twice a week. He told me that the nerve coming off the spine that connects to the bladder and triggers the brain to wake up if you have to go was getting pinched. That's actually a more common reason for having to go at night for older men than prostate troubles. If you have health insurance and it covers chiro visits, especially if you've never seen one before, give that a try. Obviously, your average chiropractor will want you to come in weekly for their own profit so don't get roped into a ton of visits. Get your xrays and consultation and go from there, it may require a few treatments but he/she will tell you at some point that you're straightened out and you can stop going for a while.

I'm not guaranteeing that's what it is, I'm just some dude, but if it happens after laying down I'd say it's a reasonable enough guess to get checked out by a chiro.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yeah this is the same problem that I posted before but I never really got a good answer. Ill try the sitting thing. It is annoying because a lot of times i hop into bed ready to pass out only to have to get up 10 mins later because i gotta pee.

I am athletic and eat well/ drink a lot of fluids so that probably has something to do with it.

Aaargh! I have the same thing. I do drink a lot of water, but I am constantly up at night having to pee, even if it is a little tiny bit.

I finally saw my doctor to make sure I didn't have diabetes or an over active bladder or some other type of problem. Turns out I have a smaller bladder.

See someone simply to get the worry out of the way. :smile:

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
fak_et

This seems to be a continuing issue. It seems to me that, if there really isn't any medical issue, it's going to take a doctor telling you so for you to let go of it. If there is a medical issue, you need to get it evaluated an treated. I seem to recall you are in college. If so, you can easily go to the college health center for free or low cost care.
A lot of young guys are pretty anxious about getting examined "down there." If that's the case, it's something you need to get over so you get things taken care of quickly. It's inevitable that you will have to be examined eventually. You might as well get the first time over with.

Dave

A lot of young guys are pretty anxious about getting examined "down there." If that's the case, it's something you need to get over so you get things taken care of quickly. It's inevitable that you will have to be examined eventually. You might as well get the first time over with.

Dave

He has no idea...... :saevil:

B_blackkid

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Sounds prostate based.

Doctor.

Unless you had some kind of trauma related to your urination habits, or have a few other very rare conditions that cause incontinence which can be triggered by pressure I doubt it's really psychological or part of a dangerous illness.