Have you a browser? I thought so.

Which of the following browsers do you predominantly use?

• Konqueror

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify in a post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Urgles

Just Browsing
Media
Greetings, folks. I'm interested in knowing which web browser your predominantly use for your browsing. I realize that some people may use more than one - especially between home and work.

I have created a poll to keep track of people's responses. If you use more than one browser, please choose the browser you use with greater frequency.

I have posted this merely out of personal interest. If you'd like to add input other than the poll (such as comments on browsers, or listing a less well-known browser), please do so.

I, myself, use Mozilla Firefox while using Microsoft Windows (which I avoid), and either Mozilla Firefox or Konqueror while using Linux.

Note: Poll is public.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
What's with the dorky avatar?

I use mozilla firefox and I'll tell you why. I started getting errors on IE back in the day, so rather than fix them by trying a Windows repair or just uninstalling and reinstalling IE, I got firefox to bypass it.

At work I used IE6. Each individual window (you can't open tabs) is it's own program. I have about ten of them running at once (I do tech support) and they always fail. I'll get small clitches, like not being able to right click. It'll continue until I close out all the programs of IE, etc..shit like that.

Mozilla Firefox never gives me any issues. The downside to FF is that if one of your windows fail, they all fail, because they're all the same program. IE can have 5 windows open and if one fails, the rest remain.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At work I used IE6. Each individual window (you can't open tabs) is it's own program. I have about ten of them running at once (I do tech support) and they always fail. I'll get small clitches, like not being able to right click. It'll continue until I close out all the programs of IE, etc..shit like that.

I regularly run six or seven windows in Safari (at least), often with multiple tabs in each one -- usually between five to eight, and well beyond a dozen in some cases. So, at any one time, I'll have anywhere from 20 to 80 web pages loaded up, even if a lot of them aren't onscreen.

Mozilla Firefox never gives me any issues. The downside to FF is that if one of your windows fail, they all fail, because they're all the same program. IE can have 5 windows open and if one fails, the rest remain.

Safari's crashed on me only a couple times in the past four years, but when it goes, the whole thing goes. The rest of the OS is unaffected, though (not like it was in the OS 9 days).

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Firefox.

I used to use it purely for tabbed browsing, but now I view it as totally superior to IE, not only does it load faster, and open pages quicker, but it doesn't crash when I open a PDF.

If you're interested, W3Schools has very detailemation on browser useage.

BTW, change your avatar before I am forced to find where you live and steal your CPU :mad:

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
76.5% of the viewers of my forum use IE, 16.6% Firefox, 2.1% Netscape, 1.7% Mozilla, 1% Opera, .9% Safari.

I use Forefox or Opera or Netscape, in that order, more or less at whim; almost never IE 5 (I never installed IE 6). All of them have strong & weak points. Opera remembers all its tabs even if I have to crash out, which can be a lifesaver. Opera is probably the most sophisticated browser I have, though I usually use Firefox. I don't know if Firefox still has that problem it used to have, of spontaneously deleting all bookmarks. It's still a memory hog. Firefox and Netscape are particularly slow D/Ling images. Netscape is useful for detecting coding errors on my web pages, as it has a particularly fussy rendering engine. The others make better guesses about what I intended the code to do, which isn't so good for debugging.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't know if Firefox still has that problem it used to have, of spontaneously deleting all bookmarks.

Happened to me a couple of months back, so yes. Suddenly, without warning, in the middle of undertaking a perfectly routine Google search, I was left bereft of all those useful little links I'd squirreled away for a rainy day. Huff.

It's still by far the best browser for me in all other regards, just a playful little minx when it comes to bookmarks. :rolleyes:

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Happened to me a couple of months back, so yes. Suddenly, without warning, in the middle of undertaking a perfectly routine Google search, I was left bereft of all those useful little links I'd squirreled away for a rainy day. Huff.
It has a backup file. Which it clears at the same time. It's nothing if not thorough.