Have you been told you look like someone?

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been told that my twin lives in tennessee(someone who looks like me).
I don't live far from there so people are always asking me if they know me.

I know someone in the southern usa who looks just like this girl in the netherlands. ???:confused:???

Have you ever been told that you look like someone else?

Better yet, have you ever been told that you look like someone famous?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When I first moved from Southern NH to Boston's South Shore in the summer between 5th and 6th grade, I was told that I had "an identical twin" who lived on the next street over. When we actually met, neither us could see it, nor when juxtaposed side-by-side could anyone else :cool:

However, a few years later, there was a girl the year ahead of me who looked enough like me to be my sister (more than my younger sister, in fact); our last names were also very similar (and more so when pronounced with a heavy Boston accent), so casual schoolmates presumed she was my older sister. She later had a rather unique chance to effect vast changes in my life when she introduced me to a group of precociously social LGBs in our town, to/with whom I eventually came out, while still in high school, in 1977.

Without her and the support of her friends, my youth would have been completely different.

josh20hung

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I get stopped daily (gas station, grocery store and even walking down the street) and told I look just like Dane Cook ( .. even at work .. customers tell me all the time .. not sure Im super happy about it though .. he has a good body but not that great of a face :(

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I get that a lot...people often stare at me & I try to ignore it but eventually the will approach me & either tell me I look just like *insert random guy's name here* or they'll ask if I'm his brother.

I've also been told (at various times) that I look like Malcolm Jamal Warner, Larenz Tate & Ice Cube even though none of those guys look ANYTHING alike!

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
James Hatfield of Metallica. I have never followed the group and he is older than I am. I see his picture and see the similar center of the face but I think I look better. When I have been in New York, I have had waiters insist I am him and just dining incognito. If they give me a table for it fine. I always tell them the truth but they won't believe me. This won't happen all year and then bam...three times in a row. Always surprises me.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
That's James Hetfield.

Someone once told me I look like Geena Davis and celebrity look alike things tell me I look like Katie Holmes. Aside from having dark hair and full lips I look like neither of those women.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Better yet, have you ever been told that you look like someone famous?

yes.

the most amusing comparison was by my father. he says i look like jodie foster. i look nothing like her. but it tickles me to no end that he thinks that.

Last edited:

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The only person I've ever been told I look like is Steven Wilson, of Porcupine Tree. When I saw Porcupine Tree in concert, a half-dozen people must've pointed that out to me.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
In recent times I've been told I look like a young Charlotte Rampling and I've also been told I look like Audry Hepburn which is hugely flattering because both women are very beautiful.

lucidbass

Experimental Member
Media
Every so often I get confused for some other guy I never met who lives in this city.

I've been told I look like Johnny Depp a number of times. I know, I know, easy to say for someone without a picture up. But I totally disagree and don't really think I look like him. And I don't think he looks that good, anyway, so I don't care, either. Ian Curtis was also a comparison when I was like.. 15/16. But that's a couple of years ago.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There is someone who used to live in Naples FL and the last I heard was living in San Francisco CA whom people have mistaken me for. I actually had to show someone my Drivers License in order to get them to believe that I was not the other. (This has been going on for the last 16 years)

When I was younger I would get mistaken for Christopher Atkins or Andrew Stevens sometimes; it was very flattering at the time but I'm happy that it has stopped.

And recently I was waiting for the elevator after an appointment and I heard a woman gasp and say "OMG is that Robert Redford by the elevator? And I swung around to see and I was the only one there... I thought about saying "F**k you B***h! I'm young enough to be his child!" I just flipped her off instead and got on the elevator.

Last edited:
D

deleted3782

David Duchovny, by several unrelated people...though I don't see it at all.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I once uploaded a pic to one of those celebrity lookalike sites & it gave me Terence Howard & Halle Berry as my celeb lookalikes...aside from complexion, i see NO similiarities btw the 3 of us...

tater_tot_man

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
tumblr_ljtrjwPh7v1qfdwsio1_500.png

I'll just leave this here...