Have you checked YOUR vacuum bag lately??

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I just had a disgusting experience with my vacuum. I was trying to vacuum a couple nights ago, and it wasn't picking anything up. I changed the bag, and I cleaned the roller brush thingy. It seemed to be doing better, but still not great. I didn't bother doing anything about it at the time. So, I get motivated to clean again today, and decided to clean my bedroom. After I was done dusting and whatnot, I grab the vacuum and start vacuuming. And now it's not picking up ANYTHING. So I take the front off, to check the bag. It's still on there properly, and obviously not full. I take the bag off... and low and behold... it's totally clogged from the ground up to where it dumps into the bag. EW. So, I had to use a wire hanger and my fingers to dig out all the dog hair and dust that had tightly clumped itself into my vacuum. YUCK. So this is just a warning for everyone: Check your vacuum bags and check them often!

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know, I've accidentally hoovered up stuff and had to retrieve it and I agree it's not pretty.

My hoover has a bag that can be opened and tipped out so now it's a bit easier to retrieve that priceless item you accidentally sucked up.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is par for the course with animals. I am a pro with the coathanger. I even have a Dyson and it still clogs.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mine is one of those "bagless" models. One of their fabulous selling points is "no messy bags to deal with." But guess what? The HEPA filter has to be removed by hand and the dust knocked out of it. No messy bags? WhatEVER! Still, though, it does have the advantage of you being able to see how much junk you've vacuumed up, and retrieving objects you didn't want to dispose of.

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Mine is one of those "bagless" models. One of their fabulous selling points is "no messy bags to deal with." But guess what? The HEPA filter has to be removed by hand and the dust knocked out of it. No messy bags? WhatEVER! Still, though, it does have the advantage of you being able to see how much junk you've vacuumed up, and retrieving objects you didn't want to dispose of.

I have a bagless too.

Am I the only one who checks the floor before they vacuum?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I have a cat so my old Fantom Lightning has to pick up more hair than dust. I've never had it clog but I do survey the floor first for twist ties and cat toys.

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have a cat so my old Fantom Lightning has to pick up more hair than dust. I've never had it clog but I do survey the floor first for twist ties and cat toys.

Thank you. When I started vacuuming, my mom would always tell me to look over the floor before I even got the vacuum out.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
At the risk of sounding like I am encouraging unnecessary consumerism, bagless is definitely the way to go. It's not perfect, but it's less complicated... Anyway, I was expecting a discarded condom to be the culprit!

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
At the risk of sounding like I am encouraging unnecessary consumerism, bagless is definitely the way to go. It's not perfect, but it's less complicated... Anyway, I was expecting a discarded condom to be the culprit!

Haha... no discarded condoms. Just my carelessness. I never think to check vacuum bags. <shrug>

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I have a central vac... which means it goes all through my walls, and stuff. My parents have warned me for years about sucking up hay.. I never do anymore, because I'm petrified to think what they would have to go through to diagnose where the problem is, and rip apart the walls...

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Bagless here... I can vacuum half of my little house, and have to make an empty. Then I can do the other half. Mostly gobs and gobs of dog hair, plus lots of stuffing from the toys that have been decapitated and dismembured.

I bought the washable filters for it on Ebay. Saves me from buying $20.00 hoover replaceable cartridges, when now I paid $26 for a washable one.

But yes, you still have to knock the dust out of the filter, which can be VERY messy.

I usually take my air compressor to mine, and blow out the filter in the breeze. It gets it much cleaner.

The same goes with my re-usable furnace filter. Blow it out with compressed air, then wash it.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I have a central vac... which means it goes all through my walls, and stuff. My parents have warned me for years about sucking up hay.. I never do anymore, because I'm petrified to think what they would have to go through to diagnose where the problem is, and rip apart the walls...

By all means. Hay must be raked or pitchforked for best efficiency. Especially that pesky weedy detritus on the livingroom carpet caused by the stray bale or two.

B_Kshelby67

1st Like
Media
I'm poor and have a really dinky apartment, so I own this $10 vaccum thing that I have to empty after every use. It does a really shitty job of picking up all the door hair that static clings itself to my equally cheap carpets, so I have a rubber broom (as I like to call it: Wubba Bwoom) that does an awesome job at taking it off.

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was expecting a troll thread, from the preview:

"I just had a disgusting experience with my vacuum. I was trying to vacuum a couple nig..."

I see right through you're subliminal messages. :wink: