Have you come to terms and accepted your own personal weirdness?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by earllogjam, Dec 13, 2009.

1. earllogjam

Gold Member

Whatever it may be, that aspect of you that is undeniably weird - have you gotten over it and learned to love it? or hide it? live with it?

2. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    I haven't any clue what you're talking of. I've no weirdness at all. I never had it. I've always been as normal as normal is normally allowed to be.:wink:

3. Principessa

Gold Member

What he said. :cool: :biggrin1:

4. nick1014

nick1014 New Member

Albums:
    LOL. Weirdness is my middle name. If I hadn't gotten used to it and learned to own it, I'd be so screwed, and not in a good way. Don't think I hide it at all. If people don't like it, they don't have to stick around.

5. earllogjam

Gold Member

Uh huh.....yup - definite weirdo :rolleyes: lol

:240:

6. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I not only accept my personal weirdness, I embrace it! :biggrin1: Although other people have been, er, less receptive to it at times!

Some of my "weirdness" includes:

- The one I mention a lot... I'm a straight woman with mostly traditionally male interests. I score a percentile of 1% on "femininity"! :biggrin1: Yet I also like fashion and beauty, so go figure... The fun aspect of this is when I go to groups of people with my interests - I'm surrounded by men! Although sometimes I get distracted from the actual interest that brought me there to begin with, because I'm checking out all the guys! :wink:

- My musical tastes go all over the place - literally! I like world music so it's all over the map, and I like music from the oldest music on record (the oldest complete piece of music is the Song of Seikilos, from the first century C.E., and the oldest in a fragment is the First Delphic Hymn to Apollo, from around 135 BC!) all the way up to pop hits of 2009! (and when 2010 gets here, that will change to "all the way up to pop hits of 2010!). I also like rock, from soft rock all the way up to metal, dance music, R&B, and also like classical music, jazz, standards, blues, and some country. I've even heard some rap that I like. And while I'm usually known for listening to a lot of really obscure stuff, right now I'm listening to a lot of "hits", particularly by singers in my voice range, so I can find songs to sing at karaoke. (But I still like my obscure stuff!)

Oh, and that's another "weird" thing about me - I'm very shy, but I've sung karaoke, asked guys out, and have been to a couple of nudist parties. Nobody would expect that out of me upon first meeting me!

- I'm the only person in my family (including extended family) who likes spicy food. In fact, most of my favorite foods are foods that I had never eaten until I was an adult.

#6 whatireallywant, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  7. D_hybabi

D_hybabi New Member

Very interesting thread!

I am not crazy or insane or anything, but I think I do have a weird streak in my personality. I love it. I like being unconventional but not in a stupid way... it's just the way I think and my friends love it. I think it began at 13. Before 13 years old, I was quite a model kid, very hard working, respectful etc etc. I guess after 13, I started to develop my personality and became quite a hard kid, hanging around the cool kids but also being smart and admirable but at the same time not conventional. My friends love it now because I didn't follow their path and live each day as it's own day. Also, because I am not straight and not gay, most people would find my sexual behavior weird... not to say I am a slut and sleep around. I just know what I like, and what I don't.

8. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

I won't disagree with that.

Dig it. Me too.

9. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Haven't got any choice. :tongue:

10. wallyj84

Gold Member

I have accepted it. I don't like it, but I've accepted it.

I want to be like everyone else and live a normal life like everyone else, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards for me.

11. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    ** Define Normal. **

12. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    I know two women, both straight, who love the Three Stooges! How's that for "unfeminine"!

13. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    normal |ˈnôrməl| |ˈnɔrməl| |ˈnɔːm(ə)l|
    adjective
    1)Having or possessing qualities or attributes associated with joyboytoy79.
    2)Varying, with only minute degree, from the qualities or attributes expressed by joyboytoy79.

14. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

I think you all know that I go with the flow of my weirdness... where it goes... I follow!

15. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

i have. its just a shame others havent

16. D_Portelay Porquesword

mmhmm That in of itself is WEIRD!

Friends tell me I am quirky, they also refer to me as a "Southern Dandy". I had to look that shit up because I was unaware of what a "Dandy" is.

I am my own full time production and have time for little else. I am a work in progress and if there is anything to own and master about being a unique expression of life, I will own and master it.

That is just how I roll.

Word.

17. earllogjam

Gold Member

Just the act of being a member and regular poster of this site has in itself branded you as more than a bit "off" so don't be claiming that you are "normal" in any way. lol

18. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

Yeah I'm extremely at home with my weirdness, in fact it's almost a part of my job description to be as weird as hell.

19. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Please define for me what normal is so I can do my best to do the exact opposite. :biggrin:

20. earllogjam

Gold Member

Do you work as a Cirque du Soleil clown? lol

Surely there must be more self professed weirdos out here on LSPG who have faced and accepted their eccentricity.

Come out and tell us your story!

Draft saved Draft deleted