Have you ever been on TV or in a Movie?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have never been on TV. I was once an extra in a movie in Manhattan, it was a large crowd scene filmed on the deck of the Intrepid Sea Air and Space Museum. I forgot the movies name, I remember that they called it "Skip Tracer" at the time. I looked up IMDB and it was called "the Squeeze". They wanted us back the next day, but I didn't go. I don't even know if I was in the final movie or not.

The real extras were in the first few rows. Michael Keaton, the star of the movie, was not even there that day. The only recognizable person was John Davidson. (John Davidson was the only one to get a good review) The movie was a huge flop." A wasted cast and a tedious script easily makes this one of the most worthless flops in cinema history."

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Was on a local kids show many many years ago when I was a cub scout. Was also on the six o'clock news one time with a friend, the local tv station camera crew recorded us playing basketball at the schoolyard, showed us in the background during the weather report.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I was on national news once. Walking past a TV reporter talking live with a huge hat on.

I like reporters who wear huge hats. :tongue:

I was on one of those local kiddie tv shows when I was about 6. They used my name in a Hangman game and I won some toys since nobody could figure out how to spell my middle name.

My younger son was an extra in Major Payne but his scene wasn't in the released version.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been on TV a couple of times. Main one was a documentary made on a team I was in. But why is it you sound nothing like yourself? First time I saw it I thought someone has dubbed over my voice with some posh english accent!! And the laugh?!!!!!! Yikes! I'm not that loud... surely!?!!?

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Series of pics in a paper at age 8 showing kids 'enjoying' flouride treared water.
Pic in paper taken at church camp of me eating watermelon - didn't learn of the stereotype til much later - very nice.
Another pic in paper of ringette in action.(staged of course)

On the news seen walking into a promotional event.
Filmed as part of a documentary on punk rockers. (Praying any clip of me was scrapped)

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My first real job was as a tv camera man, then on-air announcer, then as the early morning weatherman. From there I began the move up the ladder to host of anthology, discussion, and interview type programs, and finally produced and directed. The constantly increasing pace was excruciatingly intense, the hours extremely long, the the wondering from day to day who would be thought better at the job and who would be replaced, was just too much. Nothing was worth ruining one's health; having an ulcer, developing heart problem, or making the wife and kid unhappy, so I quit. It was a great learning experience, but I have never regretted leaving, not for one day.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The TV News interviewed me about Bill Clinton and his affairs and asked if it would change my mind about being one of his campaign staffers. I said,

"No. It just means I don't leave my girlfriend with him when I go for drinks."

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have done a couple of PBS programs. One was a one woman performance on the great migration and another was as a teen in a show were there were three actor /singers who taught kids to read through singing and acting out nursery rhymes.... Every so often to my embarassment i get a call from someone who has seen me on a rerun! LOL!

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Um.. yeah when I was a kid I was on the TV for a christmas parade with my little brother. I've been in the paper many times, for a day camp I attended for years.. Jello eating contest is the one that sticks in my mind..

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
My first real job was as a tv camera man, then on-air announcer, then as the early morning weatherman. From there I began the move up the ladder to host of anthology, discussion, and interview type programs, and finally produced and directed. The constantly increasing pace was excruciatingly intense, the hours extremely long, the the wondering from day to day who would be thought better at the job and who would be replaced, was just too much. Nothing was worth ruining one's health; having an ulcer, developing heart problem, or making the wife and kid unhappy, so I quit. It was a great learning experience, but I have never regretted leaving, not for one day.

Guy Smiley! I wondered what happened to you!

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I've been on the local news several times for concerts I've done. I was also at the "reveal party" for someone I know when he was on "What Not to Wear". I have also been on the radio in interviews more times than I can even remember.

My mother was in a TV movie, and she was also technical consultant for it.

mgnm

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
On Dateline NBC while in college, I was a guinea pig in an experiment to determine if listening to Mozart increases spatial intelligence.

Also was on the local news in 1983 while standing in line with my dad to watch the premiere of Return of the Jedi.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was interview once for a local news program and when I was a teenager I was in the audience of loads of pop programs where I was told by my friends that they saw me on screen. I don't really have any desire to be on tv and can't really understand the mentality of people who want to be famous just for the sake of being famous.