Have you ever been on TV or in a Movie?

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
3 times and felt like a total dweeb after each. Once on the news in college, for dancing 40 hours straight to raise money for heart disease research. Once interviewed by a local reporter regarding my opinion of laptop connections in Starbucks. And 'in the crowd' during filming (as an extra) of the Three Fugitives filmed in Tacoma.
So much for my claim to fame.:rolleyes:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have you ever been on TV or in a Movie?

Yes, I have been on tv about a dozen times, in various cities all over the country. I was the National Outreach Educator for a museum and I often did morning shows in the city in which I would be teaching that day.

Um.. yeah when I was a kid I was on the TV for a christmas parade with my little brother. I've been in the paper many times, for a day camp I attended for years.. Jello eating contest is the one that sticks in my mind..
Did you win the jello eating contest? :smile:

I have done a couple of PBS programs. One was a one woman performance on the great migration and another was as a teen in a show were there were three actor /singers who taught kids to read through singing and acting out nursery rhymes.... Every so often to my embarassment i get a call from someone who has seen me on a rerun! LOL!
I'll have to make a note of that and check my tv listings so I can record them when they are on again. :biggrin1:

The TV News interviewed me about Bill Clinton and his affairs and asked if it would change my mind about being one of his campaign staffers. I said,
"No. It just means I don't leave my girlfriend with him when I go for drinks."
ROTFLMAO now that's funny. :tongue:

Does almost count?

As a kid I was cast as an extra for two gruesome scenes in the made-for-TV movie, Murder On A Monorail. We were supposed to be victims of the crash of a giant monorail caused by a bomb. The idea was to show us playing in our seats just before the bomb went off as the monorail passed through a crowded city area. The second shot was just of us dead. The makeup was a lot of fun for the dead scene but later I learned they were only going to show dramatic bits and pieces of us. A doll, a hand, a piece of a girl's noticable costume.

The movie was eventually canned before it was even finished as Disney threatened to pull advertising from any network that showed it so the production company halted the entire thing and cut their losses.

The second movie I was in was The World According to Garp which was filmed at my boarding school while I was there. All the extras were actual students at the school. Most of the filming was done in summer so only day hops could do the extra work for most of the film, but a few retakes were done that fall and I was in one of them.

So encapsulates my entire career in professional acting. My next gig I want my own dressing room and an assistant damnit!

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes. My voice has been featured on tv 3 times. I have also been on the local news a few times...just random things...filmed sitting in my car at a red light (my friends called to tell me I looked really cute and that my hair looked really good), another time I didn't know I was being filmed and I was talking about how I felt sorry for fish. Other times I was featured on the news for dancing, modeling, and another time for a costume I had on. I was also seen on the news walking out of church after attending a friend's funeral (It was a rather HUGE story and featured everywhere).

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was an extra in the exceptionally awful film Deep Impact. You can't really see me, though.

Well, ya shoulda been the star, and it would have been exceptionally awesome, and the title would have much more meaning to it.

:biggrin1:

I've been on tv, in the background on A Current Affair in Snoqualmie, Washington, back in the 90's, a local news feature on a project on OC News, and in a documentary, shown looking at a table of merchandise outside the Egyptian Theater in L.A.

I would say the last one featured my best performance, I was even asked to sign a release form. :rolleyes:

I had an art studio/gallery on PCH Laguna Beach back in the 90's, and ESPN2 had a show back then called Hot Summer Nights....their video crew asked if they could shoot in front of my store window. The host, Kiana Tom, stood at the window, looking in, and then turned to the camera, and started talking about Laguna's art galleries or something....shot over, and that was it. They were very polite, thanked me and moved on, and that's all I knew, until a few months later a coupla kids skateboarded by and said "Dude! We saw you on tv!" I was trying to stay out of the shot, sitting at an umbrella covered table at the cafe next door, talking to a friend, and I guess I ended up in the background.

monstro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes, you may recognize me from my roles in P is for Psycho, Cry Yuma, Here Comes the Coast Guard!, and Make-out King of Montana.

Oh wait, that's not me, that's Troy McClure!

I've been on TV a few times, interviewed for the news, or whatever. The band I used to play and sing in ten years ago was on the public access channel a few times (yes we were that good! :rolleyes:)

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have never been on TV. I was once an extra in a movie in Manhattan, it was a large crowd scene filmed on the deck of the Intrepid Sea Air and Space Museum. I forgot the movies name, I remember that they called it "Skip Tracer" at the time. I looked up IMDB and it was called "the Squeeze". They wanted us back the next day, but I didn't go. I don't even know if I was in the final movie or not.

The real extras were in the first few rows. Michael Keaton, the star of the movie, was not even there that day. The only recognizable person was John Davidson. (John Davidson was the only one to get a good review) The movie was a huge flop." A wasted cast and a tedious script easily makes this one of the most worthless flops in cinema history."
Thanks for the idea for a new topic

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I was on television a few times, most recently in grad school for organizing a donation drive to benefit a homeless shelter that I volunteered in once. It was designed to distribute blankets and winter clothing for the residential poor in downtown Lexington. I was unshaven and it was cold that day, and I had a ridiculous fuzzy hat on, but the interview went well and the reporter was very nice. Also hilarious to have friends say, "Dude, you were on TV!" (I missed it.)

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Twice on the news.

First time was in 2000 after being involved in a bus accident whilst on said bus. As I descended the steps, a news reporter stuck a mic in my face and asked me what I saw. The accident itself was so gruesome (the driver ran over someone - wasnt' his fault) that I was too shocked to say anything.

Second time was in 2002 during the DC sniper shootings. My ex and I stopped at a rest area in Frederick, VA and I was on my way to the restroom when a reporter stopped me and asked if I was concerned for my safety, et al. I jumped up and down while I gave him my answer (I really had to go :biggrin1:) and practically sprinted to the ladies' room after the last question.

Aitch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Loads of times - in the crowd at sporting events! And aaaaaargh, I was zoomed in on at one...that'll teach me for wearing a silly hat, I guess. :sombrero:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
On television 8 times that I recall, and I was in the movie "Heartbreak Ridge", starring Clint Eastwood and Marsha Mason. Clint was very charming (I think he was running for mayor of Carmel at the time); Marsha sprinted for her trailer every time the director yelled, "CUT!"

D

deleted3782

My house and I were featured in a story on an HGTV program a few years ago.

I've also been on TV news, Community Access programs, NPR, local radio, and lots of newspaper coverage. Hmm, I must be a media magnate...

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've been interviewed on national network TV news several times as part of my job. I've been interviewed by local broadcast news and newspapers dozens of times. I was a featured figure in a special story on The Weather Channel.