Have you ever been raped?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mem, Aug 18, 2007.

?

Have you ever been raped?

1. Yes (I am male)

34 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. Yes (I am female)

12 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. No (I am male)

80 vote(s)
    56.7%
  4. No (I am female)

11 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. I dont know (maybe as a young child, or maybe I blocked it, etc.)

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Anonymous poll.

2. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

Is it now?

3. piledrivenasshole

Albums:
    No, but I'd like to be, by a long, thick, horse-hung guy!

4. honeydew

honeydew New Member

Might I ask why someone would ask such a question? Having been raped, I find that this is rather tasteless to do this. It is not about the sex at all but much more about the power the person feels they have over you. That they can "make" you do whatever they want. So , again why ask such a question? Some people will struggle with this for the rest of there lifes and stirring it up helps how?

Honeydew

5. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Is what now? is now, now? yes.....scratch that, now was a millisecond ago.

6. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Yes you may. I read the recent thread titled.
    Rapist Preys on Men in Houston Area.
    In it a respondent said that many more men here (LPSG) than the average were raped. I was just curious if that was true. I apologize that it offended or upset you. That was never my intention.

7. gjorg

Gold Member

I was almost Raped! One night I was taking out the garbage in my boxers(drunkish) and I heard a noise. So I said,"who's there" and a punch in the face hit me so hard that I spun around and in midair he pulled my boxers down.He pushed me to the ground and jumped on top of me and all I could feel was this over lubricated small thing trying to poke me , he then stood up real quick and ran away. All I had time to think of was what the fuck ,still reeling from the punch.Then I felt so wierd and started thinking , what if this were a real rape the kind that happens to woman with a gun and him continuing. It was humiliating but I could only feel 1/100 of what someone else in a real rape would feel. I have a huge respect for violent rape victims.
    I have had my share of posts that piss people off but this post seems so meaningless.Victims need to share their story with a therapist not us.
    I can't think of any good coming from it!

8. SassySpy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thank you for clarifying AND your apology. I ignored this thread initially, precisely because of the question and its wording, and like honeydew, have been raped. Raped violently, and I've not made a secret of it in my postings here, however, I guess I choose when I am comfortable discussing it.
    Your reason for the poll is a good question though- as I have heard also that gay men as a rule suffer more rape than is reported, tho not necessarily LPSG members.
    You have had a low response to this poll, perhaps due to the blatant question being offensive to many
    (even though that wasn't your intention), and not being descriptive enough in the information you are seeking.

9. Quite Irate

Quite Irate Member

Albums:
    I was almost raped. You see, this guy kept looking at me like he wanted to come over and hit on me in a club, but then he left. I was so lucky.

10. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have dated a woman that was raped by her stepdad when she was 13.

Deep inside she was a true sweetheart, but the event messed her up in so many ways.

Insecurity, self esteem issues, distorted body image and destuctive behaviour.

While it killed me inside to see her struggle with her demons, I didn't know where to start to help her. It seemed the more I tried to reach her, the more she pushed me away.

We broke up and I never know if she got better.

From what I have seen in her, rape is the worst thing you can do to someone short of killing them.

That is why I get pissed off when I hear idiots ( mostly immature males) that say: "Dude, I totally raped."( refering to a victory in sports or video game).

I guess they are just ignorant, but it still angers me very much.

11. Principessa

Gold Member

12. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Yes, I saw the original post date, actually what I meant was that it was new to the top of the current Et Cetera page (because someone had recently replied to it) and it caught my attention.

13. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

14. WildHoney

Gold Member

Yes when I was 15 by two men who were 28. First and last time I ever let myself be in a dangerous situation alone with men.

x
    Honey

15. frizzle

Gold Member

Nope, and I doubt I will be. (Well my odds are extremly low compared to most people.)

16. Osiris

Gold Member

I was by a stepbrother when I was 7. He was babysitting me and he was 15. When my older brother came out when I was 10, I literally had a juvenile nervous breakdown. Took me years of therapy after that to accept that homosexuality wasn't evil as a result of his action. Thank God I got help for it, I would not have a lot of good friends that I do now had I not.

17. DreamofJeannie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I was molested by three men. The first was at age 6.

18. frizzle

Gold Member

I have a question, hoping not to sound rude or offensive. How do children of such a young age, get into situations where they can be violated in such a way? I've heard it's usually a family member or trusted person that commits the act.

If you don't want to answer, I can understand why.

19. DreamofJeannie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

For me, one was my mothers boyfriend, one was my ex stepdad(my mom walked in on that) and the next door neighbor. I went to spend the night with my friend and he attacked me after everyone went to sleep. Years later he was convicted of child abuse(not for my case). I never had any justice for the heinous things that happened to me as a child. My ex step dad did apologize 20 years later. I was an innocent child, I am not to blame for what happened, nor did I put myself in an unsafe situation.

20. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I fortunately get to vote 'no' in this poll - but I'll have a go at answering your question anyway.

WHAT THE FUCK are you shitting on about?

What do you mean how do children get into such situations? Shit - you even answer your own question man! Abuse of trust!! Plain and simple - sick, confused, unhappy (and sometimes just evil) people wheedle their way into a position of trust - sometimes they have that position of trust by default, by being a relative for example. Once in a position of trust they abuse that trust. End of story.

99 times out of 100 there is nothing the parents or the child can do to avoid it*. You can't see it coming. As a parent you are in a position where you can either be with your child 24/7 (not an option for most, and damaging for the child in the long run) or you have to trust your child to the care of others from time to time. As a child, well - they're children man - do you not remember what it was like to be a child? Grown-ups know stuff - you're taught to believe them and do as they say.

I personally try to, without being scarey or too detailed, educate to only completely trust me and daddy. And to never, never lie to us. I say 'if someone asks you not to tell me or your father something you must immediately tell us - only bad people want you to keep secrets from your parents'. And that's all I can do. You can't keep them in bubble-wrap.

* I say 99/100 because I know that in some awful cases the abuse is known about and ignored. The victim of the abuse is never complicit. Hindsight is 20/20 of course and leads to a lot of guilt problems for victims - but when a child is abused is it NEVER the fault of the child - to imply such a thing is insensitive and damaging.

Draft saved Draft deleted