Have you ever been to a bath house? Did you go to get more sexual experience?

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by rrkrd, May 9, 2010.

1. rrkrd

rrkrd Member

Albums:
    Soon after I had my first sexual experience with a man (one night stand) it was a great but I felt very inadequate sexually. Being from a small town there seemed little opportunity to find other gay younger men like myself.

I saw an ad in a gay magazine for a bath house in Toronto and having had little experience sexually I was determined to get more experience and the fact that I wanted to be anonymous appealed to me.

I found a whole new world of experience finding all the men I needed and ones I didnt need! LOL I was surprised how many married men there were and men who said they were mainly straight!

Have you ever been to a bath house? Did you go before you were out? Did the bath house provide a place for new sexual experiences? As a mainly straight man did you go at least once to satisfy your curiosity?

2. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Due to a strange twist in the drinking age, I could legally go to bars when I was 18, but not when I was 19. So I started going to the baths instead.

Even by the standards of the time (it was 1979), I was pretty extreme in the variety and number of guys I had sex with and I wound up sick for six months with Hep B. By the time I was well, I could go back to bars again legally, so I didn't return to the baths, which in Boston were all closed in a few years anyway.

I lived in France in my early 30s and reacquainted myself with the pleasures in bathhouses (saunas, they call them there), though it was a rare and expensive treat.

I've written about the three local bathhouses in South Florida here. Bathhouses are very liberating places but you might find the overheated atmosphere a little overwhelming: on a decent night, you could end up having sex with more guys than you'd possibly imagine. <Routine safer-sex message inserted here>

Aside from what I've just written above, though, I gotta say that I learned much more about sex in a bedroom than in a bathhouse cubicle.

3. ericbythebay

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    What kind of experience are you looking for? One can easily get quantity experience in a bathhouse, but quality experience can be harder to find.

4. justmeincal

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've only been to a bath house twice; once in San Jose and the other in San Francisco. I was considered a young, hot cutie in those days, but was WAY too nervous to do anything with another guy. The one in San Fran. was full of slings, etc. I was a naive Midwestern kid and it freaked me out...lol

5. FRE

FRE
    Gold Member

Albums:
    For hep B, you must have received anal sex. Probably that wouldn't be transmitted with oral sex. Fortunately there is a vaccine for hep B.

As I've also posted elsewhere, the first time I had sex with a guy, I was 19. He gave me penile gonorrhea, so he must have had oral gonorrhea. There are also other infections one can get with oral. Many guys here seem to ridicule the concern about infection, but I am really concerned about it and it has limited my activities.

6. Sitronmelde

Sitronmelde Member

Albums:
    For str8 men, you'll enjoy the oriental bath. Pure delight; laying back on a bench while a beautiful asian women lathers up your whole body, then splashes - and I mean dousing splashes! - with several buckets of warm water. All this before the massage - walking on your back with those little feet!

But a word to the pervs - If you only have a limp noodle in a massage palor, no one is going to play with it - You're going to have to show that you're interested, at attention - hand's free! No fondling a wrinkled worm; if that's the case, you might as well have a pussy.

7. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wasn't a confirmed non-versatile top til I was 20, so yes. Though I could also have gotten it through eating ass, too.

No one should underestimate the possibility of transmission of bacterial STDs. Syphilis can also be spread through oral-only contact and can be much more difficult to treat.

Anyone old enough to be sexually active needs to be mature enough to educate himself on his risks and how to minimize them.

8. FRE

FRE
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Quite so. It's hard to find guys who are both aware of the risks and willing to avoid them. It seems that most guys are in denial and unwilling to have an encounter with someone who insists on safety.

Just look at the CL ads. Some of those guys apparently want to spend an entire day just having sex with as many guys as possible. Others claim to be ddf and want someone else who is ddf. However, when they change partners so quickly, they could think that they are disease free but actually be infected and spreading it before there are any symptoms. If they used only hands, the risks would be very minimal, but generally that is not what they are asking for.

It would be nice to have a permanent life partner, but short of that, it would be better than nothing to find guys who were willing to be safe. It can be frustrating.

9. roblon26

roblon26 New Member

Albums:
    Guys - simple rule for helping prevent sexual transmitted infections - use condoms. I hjave flavoured ones for Oral and large ones for anal.

10. hermosa_dude

hermosa_dude New Member

Back to the original post... yes, I've been to a bathhouse many times and I considered myself mainly straight until I started visiting them regularly then I knew I was gay. Yes, if you go to a bath house you will definitely have new experiences - some good, some not so good.

Bath House 101 -

Each bath house has its own personality, its own clientele, and its own level of quality/cleanliness. Some are intentionally very skanky, dark, smelly and dungeon-like. Some are very clean and institutionalized like a gym.

One of the pros of a bath house for someone who is straight and/or closeted and from a small town is that it is legal, safe (I'm not talking diseases), and confined. You don't have to go lurking in bushes, bathrooms, strangers homes, cars, etc and worry about getting busted by cops, video cameras, wives and girlfriends. You pay your money, go in and get a towel to put around you and hang your clothes in a locked locker and you are free to go about and explore men, cock and ass as much as your heart desires.

The down side (aside from STDs) is that for the most part it is just superficial sex and little more. Prior to sex and rarely even after there is no talking. It is just guys walking around posing around in towels, flashing their muscles and occasionally cocks. Most of the time most guys are just busy running after guys they'll never get and running away from guys that will never have them. There is no intimacy, there is little reality, there is little simpathy. It's just mainly men out for their own carnal lust and to get some cock or ass - little else. On rare occasions you can strike up a conversation but usually it's little more than, slam, bam, thank you man. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.... if you are at a sex club, that is what you are there for. Just don't go in there disillusioned thinking that you are going into Cheers where everybody knows your name (well, sometimes they do and that's the sign you are a REAL slut)

Some clubs are set up so that all the sex happens out in the open where everyone can see everything and some are set up where everything happens in booths and private rooms. Most are a mix.

I've heard that Steamworks in Toronto is the best and that's the one I go to here in the San Francisco area. My suggestion is go once and just get a locker and browse around and see if you like the scene. Go in and don't feel pressured to do anything. It's OK to just look. If guys are doing it out in the open then they are asking for voyuers. If you are interested in a guy you can give him a look, a tap, a light brush up, or ask him if he's interested, whatever but remember - no means no - and after that stalking isn't cool. A lot of stuff just happens instantly in the dark areas "magically"

You are safe for the most part within the club. Lock your valuables up in the locker or better leave them in your car. Don't feel pressured to do anything. If you are getting into it with a guy and suddenly you don't feel comfortable doing something, just say so and stick to it.... no means no for you too. If he pressures you just get up and leave. I don't know what you are into but when and if you want to do anal I suggest you rent a room. Don't try doing it for the first time in public or in a booth. Get a room where you can lock the door and be alone and feel comfortable the first time you do it. And for Gods sake learn about douching (straight men know nothing about this!)

Gay Forums - Sexual Health - Getting Clean Before Sex - RealJock

Lastly, assume every guy in the club is HIV+, hasn't been tested, and doesn't know his status. Men are liars and will say anything to get laid whether they are straight or gay. Even if they were tested today and were infected yesterday, it might not show up on a test for six months. Unless you are going to have anal sex don't be afraid, just be cautious unless you have open wounds. Oral sex won't transmit HIV unless you have open sores in your mouth. Yes condoms during oral sex are the best but realistically don't expect many men in the bathhouse to use them for that. Most oral STD's can be dealt with antibiotics but the reality is there are disease like HPV, Hep, and Herpies that can't. It is your responsibility to be informed and to read up on it. Most bath houses have an evening when they have a Dr. or sex therapist to answer all your questions and give free anonymous testing. For anal sex always use condoms. There is no such thing as safe sex, just safer sex.

OK, that's it. Let us know if you go ahead with it and how it goes. If you do go, research the bath houses in your area. There are lots of reviews on the web. Try CRUISING for SEX CRUISING for SEX Listings: Search

11. lvsxy808

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow... you've really misunderstood this thread.

This has been starting to really depress me lately. One guy recently actually saw me putting on a condom and said, "I think I'll leave it. I was looking for something a little fresher." I laughed in his face and threw him out. He thinks he's fresh? He's a disease-spreading sociopath.

The Steamworks chain is indeed very reliable. The Chicago one is perhaps my favourite sauna in the world, but I have also checked out the San Francisco one and now they have one here in Vancouver too. I've rarely been disappointed - except for that guy I mentioned above.

12. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

yes but too reserved to do anything but watch. but there was that pileup when I didn't know who hand-jobbed me.

Draft saved Draft deleted