Have You Ever Bought or Sold Anything on Ebay?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had a wet dream a couple of weeks ago and advertised the underwear I was wearing at the time. We've been able to retire on the proceeds. :wink:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My father closed his store, put the building up for sale, and now he only sells online, primarily on Ebay. He's made a lot of money doing it.

D_Fizzy Cola Bottles

Experimental Member
Media
I only bought from Ebay a few times. And I've had two BAD experiences. The first time I bid on a Palm Pilot and the seller pretended that he owned the device and would send it to me in a new unopened package. But really he was committing FRAUD and set me up to receive the package from an electronics supplier, made it seem like I had ordered it from the company. It's a long story but I did not send the seller any money and in the end the electronics company did not make me pay for the device. So I ended up getting something for free.

Just be careful. If something seems fishy or you have any doubts, ask the seller questions. Be aware of people seeming to withhold information.

Ebay does take Fraud seriously. The seller who conned me was banned immediately.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I joined eBay three years ago and I buy from there ALL the time. I buy lots of new and second-hand CDs, DVDs and books at great prices. I keep meaning to sell some of my unwanted stuff but I never get around to it.....

I've been quite lucky with sellers - any time a CD or DVD has been faulty, they've always refunded or replaced, no problem. I've only had very, very few bad experiences and I was able to get my money back each time - from the insurance/claim, but not the seller.

I've no intention of buying any electrical items on eBay - if something went wrong, I'd have no way of returning the product for service, repairs or replacement and if there was a way, it would take a lot of effort and a lot of money - too much hassle. There are plenty electrical stores locally - the items are dearer, but the extra dollars are worth the convenience.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have never bought anything online....I think.
I just like to see the things and touch them before I do.
I`m not talking about tickets and thingls like that;)

D_Natalie Attired

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i myself bought acouple of items on ebay some that was worth the buy. printer, baseball hats camcorder,dvd player, and a dvd. then there were some i wished i never bidded on. it was a dell latitude laptop i won for $180.00 which was in the worst condition. long story short i could not get my money back. definitely not worth the money.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
When I still used a PC the DVD/CD Read/Write drive died on my old, trusty Dell Inspsiron laptop. I was able to buy a new one on E-bay. The version Dell had originally installed was no longer used by Dell. In fact, Dell suggested that I check E-Bay. It was an inexpensive and easy fix.

However, these days I no longer suffer the slings and arrows of PCs and I'm too tired and too old to think it "fun" to play with regular Linux. Although I have much respect for Linux and its various flavors, it's just too much like having to play Dungeons and Dragons just to get shit done.

Oh, and I did buy an original 1955 Eames lounge chair and ottoman that was in excellent condition. I had to have the upholstery removed, restuffed, and put back on (1955 era leather, at that). But it's a real Eames chair and still just as comfortable as the day it was made. I paid $520 for it. It's worth ten times that.

But I don't make it a habit of shopping E-Bay.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ebay is great for Odd things and spare parts. Though I must admitt i have purchased items of clothing and once a car.

Only got burned once on at item not as advertised, so overall I love it

JacobFox

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I love Ebay...I have bought and sold on it for years...most expensive thing I ever bought was a 1993 Mustang... and I think the cheapest thing I ever bought was a CD for under a buck. I have been burned once, but Ebay stepped in and handled the issue quite well :)