Have you ever broke up with a spouse/partner/boy friend over sex?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by rrkrd, May 21, 2010.

1. rrkrd

rrkrd Member

Albums:
    Do you think sex is one of the key factors why couples break up?

Do you think it is usually lack of sex or quality of sex that leads to break up?

2. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Possibly.

My 3rd husband and i had very different sex drives and both had very differing ideas on sex...........for the last 2 years i was with him we didnt kiss never mind anything else.

3. conchis

Gold Member

Albums:
    no, I don't. I think different sex drive can leads to break up.

4. ConstantComment

ConstantComment New Member

Yes. It made me realise how important a satisfying sex life is to a happy relationship. It also made think that an unsatisfying sex life can indicate other problems. For example, I think the guy I had problems with has not admitted to himself that he is homosexual. He lked putting his dick in various places (except anally) but he tried to avoid touching the vagina in any way.

I also feel that he was overall dishonest. Whenever I tried to initiate an "open honest dialogue" admit the matter he would derail it with his constant rejoinder "but I don't know what you're comfortable with." No amount of telling him or showing got him to change his stance. He tried to get me to take an HIV test (after 9 months of sex already, and the first time HE tried to forgo using a condom). When he realised I wasn't going to do it, he gave in and started pawing me for more sex.

So, what's interesting is that here not only was it an issue of sex but also of integrity because he did everything he could to hide the fact that what I wanted in the bedroom, he just wasn't going to provide (on a regular basis. If I withheld sex from him long enough, he would give in, but of course, that is not a healthy sex life.)

Now that it's been a few years since we broke up, my opinion of him (and any other guy who chooses to behave like him) is that he is an incredibly dishonest person.

5. THEDUDEofDestiny

Gold Member

Do I think it is usually lack of sex or quality of sex that leads to break up? Yes. Yes, I do. If you are an idiot.

6. slate_australis

slate_australis New Member

Albums:
    I think a good relationship is one where you can be honest with your partner.

I have a much higher sex drive than my partner, but I love him, and I don't mind wanking a few times extra a week.

But if it's something that is really too much and compromise can't be reached... then I suppose...

7. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    First the question in the thread title, "Have you ever broken up with a spouse/partner/boy friend over sex?"

Yes, I have several times, but only after trying really hard to fix the problem.

It could be a factor. I've broken up with men with whom I had incredible chemistry in bed because of other factors in the relationship, though, so sometimes it's not a factor.

If sex is the reason for the breakup, it could be either lack of sex or quality of sex or both.

8. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    It was a factor in my decision to break ties with the last guy I dated. He was on medication and the last 2 years of our relationship he couldn't maintain an erection for longer than a minute or two. I wanted to punch cuddling in the throat by the end. But that's just me venting. (He's a good guy, ultimately split was amicable.) Seriously, I can't survive without sex in a relationship.

#8 Enid, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  9. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not at this point in time though the thought has been in my mind. I think that sex is an important key part of intimacy with your partner.

10. nicenycdick

Gold Member

Albums:
    This whole topic has just put me in the worst mood...

11. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Not the sex we had with each other which was fantastic. The sex he had with other people which I didn't think was, not so much.

12. wallyj84

Gold Member

Bad sex was a big factor in several of my breakups.

13. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

He must have been off his bleeding rocker!:eek:

14. iluvbigheads

iluvbigheads New Member

...let's see now, I am what you call a person with a "low" sex drive, I can go without or do it, turn it on or off. I haven't had many romantic partners, but the one I did for 5 years was a horny little fucker all the time, as is another long time beau of mine. So anyhow, I just told them up front, hey, this poonani is wore out and I wanna bbq and shop here not bang all the time. They quickly learned that feeding me a couple shots of JD made me go "alright gimme that fuckin cock. I'll knock that fucker back after I'm done my JD, after I wanna go to to costco ok honey".

#14 iluvbigheads, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  15. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    You are funny as all get out. :biggrin1:

16. iluvbigheads

iluvbigheads New Member

...I forgot to add the break up part...I'm not sure it ever was a break up, the both of them still on the phone calling up for it, but there's sometimes when I don't want to suck or take it. That's why I think its kind of something both partners have to learn to work with rather then break up.

Then they start the sweet talk, "oh I've miss seeing you, you're a firey little hell cat"...so I'm usually "alright well you can come for dinner, I got 6 steaks here to bbq, lathered in that garlic rub I make babe"

Don't ever take a jealous man to costco by the way. I forgot to do up a couple buttons in my shirt and had a little flop out in the dairy isle and this poor man dropped his eggs looking at me. My man armed me away like property. His wife was like, ferfucksakes!

17. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    :18:

Draft saved Draft deleted