Have you ever broken anything? (bone wise)

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Dorian_Gray, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Dorian_Gray

Gold Member

Albums:
    I came out of walmart today, and was starting to load some stuff into the backseat of my car when unknowingly the car beside me starts backing out... well it was a lexus, and you know how damn near silent those new ones run? Well I turn to get something else out of the buggy when the fucking car ran over my left shoe! It crushed 4 of my toes! Then the driver gets out and, low and behold, it was quite possibly the most beautiful woman that i've ever seen... I mean like supermodel hot. I have to admit that I kinda forgot about the pain for a minute, or it could have been that it hurt so bad that it didn't register for like a minute or something. But she rushed me to the emergency room through downtown traffic in like 2mins flat. Just wondering has anybody else experienced anything like this before?:confused:

PS... they have some amazing pain meds these days!:biggrin1:

2. JennyS

JennyS New Member

No, but but but...

one time we were on a road trip, and we stopped for gas. This woman on at the pump in front of us was letting her daughter pump the gas. She was probably 10 or so.

The daughter finished, and was getting back in the car, and the mom started driving before she was all teh way in and the car ran over her ankle (sideways) and her foot was at a just wrong angle and she was screaming.

And then the kids in the car were all shrieking at her, and she stopped, and the car was still on her daughter's foot, and she was getting out to see what was the matter (with the car still there).

But that's not where it gets wierd. Here is where it gets wierd...

This guy on a motorcyle was on the other side of the pump. He ran over, and he lifted the back of the car up by himself several inches off the ground (with all the other kids still in it and everything). The girl took her foot out, and he set the car down and got on his motorcycle and drove off.

I kid you not, saw the whole thing (and so did the rest of my family), it was crazy, like out of a superhero movie.

As for my own personal experience, I broke an ankle, but that was my own stupid ass fault. I was sliding down a hill surfing-style after an ice-storm and got it caught in a water meter thing that wasn't frozen and snapped it.

3. Osiris

Gold Member

When I was 5, I fell off our side porch and shattered my right wrist on the rocks in the flower bed. At 33, I fell down trying to catch someone and broke the front of my jaw. I still have an odd bite as a result of that one.

4. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I've never broken anything or had anything that required hospital treatment except things related to birth.

5. sbeBen

sbeBen New Member

I have never broken any bones and feel left out. I'm a paramedic and I don't even know how much my patients are suffering with # bones! Sometimes they are in agony and sometimes they don't seem to be in pain at all. I would rather not find out myself though!

6. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Once I slipped in my bedroom and fell on my arm. I knew something was wrong because it was stuck in a 45 degree angle. I drove myself to the ER, I didn't want to alarm my parents. (it was winter and I had to leave my coat on over my arm.)

The wait was so long that after an hour an a half I left. I got an emergency appointment the next day with an Orthopedist. The x-ray tech didn't see anything wrong. The doctor said it was a hairline fracture. It healed on it's own.

7. Osiris

Gold Member

So you've had a broken pocket book? :biggrin1:

8. Principessa

Gold Member

TIP: If she's running that fast she really doesn't want to be caught. :tongue:

No, I have never been run over by a vehicle, luxury or otherwise. :redface: December 2002 I slipped and fell on the ice in the parking lot outside my apartment building. I never filed an accident report which in retrospect was dumb. Three days later I realized that my headache was getting worse not better. Turns out I had a concussion and a couple of hairline fractures to my elbow. I had to wear a cast for like 2 weeks.

9. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

It's a good job I haven't broken anything Osiris, I'm such a wuss I practically need pain killers when I break a nail :)

10. Osiris

Gold Member

You fell into a bed of pansies! So that's why your brothers call you pansy. :tongue::biggrin1:

Actually, it was a rose bed (yes I still have scars visible) and my brother is the gay one, not me. :biggrin1:

11. Dorian_Gray

Gold Member

Albums:
    lol... that wasn't the only one that i've broken, in 2004 I was sitting in my office chair when someone comes up behind me and scares me making me flip my chair over and I landed on my arm at just the right angle that it broke both wrist bones and one went into my hand and the other poked out of the skin. I still have the screws and plates from that one.

SpoiledPrincess- It's a good job I haven't broken anything Osiris, I'm such a wuss I practically need pain killers when I break a nail :)
    I'm sure they make a pill for just that sort of situation. lol

12. got_lost

Gold Member

EEEEWWWWW.... your poor toes!!!

I hope you got her phone number!!!

I fractured my skull when I was a kid, plus broke my nose, dislocated my jaw and damaged L5/S1 jt in my spine (and got another concussion)..... but not all at the same time!! :)

13. naughty

Gold Member

Yeah my wedding ring finger. I was playing handball and some how the ball ended up right on the tip of that finger and accordioned it. It was broken at every joint.

14. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Nose, Ribs. Face full of glass. Hitting a telephone pole at 80mph will do this LOL:biggrin1: Why am i laughing? Because i am alive to tell you this.:smile:

15. hypoc8

hypoc8 Member

I had a hairline fracture to the wrist from falling on it playing soccer in the 8th grade gym class. Hurt like hell.

16. B_New End

B_New End New Member

crushed my foot. 3 clean breaks in the metatarsels, doing a trick bike jump. Layed up for 3 months. Didn't see the doctor for 2 days, hoping it was just sprained.

17. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

On a side note. I hate to see that MTV show where it shows fractures and broken arms and legs bending where they shouldn't.

18. D_Tintagel_Demondong

I've never heard of such a desperate act to get a hot girl.

I'm kidding. Maybe something good will come from this... I'm sure you'll see her again... hopefully not in court.

Enjoy your meds.

19. D_smack ash

D_smack ash Account Disabled

my wrist twice and finger

20. Principessa

Gold Member

:biggrin1: Dude, sounds like you need to learn how to jerk off a little more gently.:tongue:

Draft saved Draft deleted