Have you ever broken anything? (bone wise)

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I was 13, I made a bet with a friend that I would let the school bus run over my foot (remember, I was 13, not the brightest age to be).

So, when getting off the bus at the end of the day, I ran to the back, stuck my foot under the bus tire and waited. Eventually, it drove off, sloooooowly running over my foot. Didn't hurt one fucking bit and I was a hero to my friends.

The real fun came when I started to walk the 1 block home. I got about 1/2 a block and my foot started to throb so bad I could barely stand on it. But I was too embarassed to explain to my mom what I'd done. So I 'grinned and bore it'.

I don't think I broke it too much (a real testament to the engineering of the foot). However, now, many many years later, I have some problems with a pre-bunyon on that right foot. Unless I keep my muscles strong, it starts to hurt.

What a dick head I was!

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
a couple toes, hairline fracture in my pelvis (May this year), ankle, microfractures in the top of my tibia, and my navicular bone (in the wrist)

chill4d

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oddly all my broken parts have been minor bones.

As a young teen I was trimming a tree once behind our old house for this accident. I was standing upright, about 20 feet from the ground when the branch I was standing on suddenly snapped! This sent me tumbling down 8 feet (scared to death!) and right onto a much larger branch, hunched over it on my chest. With the wind firmly knocked out of me and everything getting a bit blurry and dark, I unknowingly slipped off this branch and fell the rest of the way, finally coming to rest on my back, broken ribs and all. The thought of how stupid it must have looked caused me to laugh, alerting me very quickly to my broken ribs!

I also managed to go over the bars of my bike on a steep downhill trail section, ultimately cracking my helmet over the bridge of my nose, and my nose with it.

Graceful, aren't I?

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
I've never heard of such a desperate act to get a hot girl.

I'm kidding. Maybe something good will come from this... I'm sure you'll see her again... hopefully not in court.

Enjoy your meds.

yes, this woman drove me to the ER herself, risking several tickets in the process.(and showing me just why a lexus is called SPORT-luxury) try downtown atlanta at 60mph... and yes i did get her phone number :)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes, this woman drove me to the ER herself, risking several tickets in the process.(and showing me just why a lexus is called SPORT-luxury) try downtown atlanta at 60mph... and yes i did get her phone number :)

I was going to ask if you had 'hooked up' with her.
Smart Man :biggrin1:

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I love you sig.:smile:

thanks uncut. after you have been through the medical hell and redtape I have been through. I hope one day to be healthy enough to be a patient advocate or even go to medical school and help people that way.

I am so sick of bad healthcare in this country just because you can't afford decent health insurance. My brother had malenoma last year and has over 200,000 in medical debt he is paying off because he is self employed and got screwed over by several customers and couldn't afford health insurance.

Now my mom can't get health insurance due to pre existing conditions after her cobra ran out when she retired. It's bull shit!

flat out we need goverment healthcare in this country, to many people can't afford health insurance. The insurance companies and drug companies make it impossible for even middle class americans who have pre existing conditions afford their meds or even medical care. We need to take care of our own before everyone else!

M

Mr Ed in Mass

a wrist 5 years ago ,a collar bone at 5 years old, I fell down some stairs,my nose a couple of times.I also broke wind thousands of time.