Have you ever dated an alcoholic?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Principessa, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

‘Perfect Mother,’ a Vodka Bottle and 8 Lives Lost
    By SUSAN DOMINUS
    Have you ever dated an alcoholic or drug addict, yet didn't know for months or maybe even years?

I did, when I was 19. :redface: None of my friends or family knew he was an alcoholic. Once I figured out that his erratic behavior was due to drinking too much, I naively thought I could change him. :lmao: I believed that my love would make him put down the bottle. :rofl: When I finally saw the light and broke up with him. Everyone lambasted me. :mad: They thought he was 'a catch' and that I was insane to break up with him. When I told them he was an alcoholic they couldn't believe it. He was so intelligent, charming, respectful, funny, often the life of the party and never violent or belligerent. :rolleyes: Just because a drunk isn't violent doesn't mean they are any easier to live/deal with. :mad:

The people who look at you increduously and ask, "how could you not know he was an alcoholic?!" As if you are a blind idiot have clearly never been involved with one. :no: Alcoholics are not morons, many are college educated and tops in their field. They know how to appear sober. In fact appearing sober almost becomes another job for them. :irked:

Back in the day, we used to call them functioning alcoholics, those people who drank a lot, yet managed to hold a job and function normally. Somehow, if you could get up and go to work everyday and not screw up it was 'okay.' :rolleyes: Well guess what? It's not okay, not anymore. :cool:

2. Steinweg9

Steinweg9 New Member

Barack H. Obama is President of the United States. He is not repealing the 2nd Amendment and he was born in the USA, NOT Kenya. Now sit down, shut up, and deal with it. :usa2:

Why? You didn't sit down, shut up, and deal with the other guy. Why should we sit down, shut up, and deal with your guy? Especially when he's managed, in far less time, to make a much bigger mess, as if to prove it was possible?
    When you're screaming because your parents are sent to the black of the line for treatment because they are over 65, then didn't receive treatment because rations were met, I'll just say:
    sit down, shut up and deal with it.
    Will you do it?

3. Principessa

Gold Member

Sounds like maybe you need to put down the vodka bottle and find an AA meeting.:mad: FWIW: Drunk posting is never a good idea.

:irked: This is way :eek:fftopic:

Draft saved Draft deleted