Have you ever flown in First Class?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not Business, not Economy Plus but First Class especially in a 3 class cabin flying international. The very front of the plane and I don't mean one of the 8 seats in the front of a Southwest flight or any other discount airline.

Have you ever flown first class, what was it like and was it worth the extra bucks?

I just flew first class from US to China and man was it great....pampered all the way. Imagine your own personal recliner with a tv attached and people bringing you all the food and drink you can handle. Thats what first class is like. I will admit that I may not pay the 4x's the ticket price that it costs personally, but since my company foot the bill...it was AMAZING!

DesertCruiser

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We flew from LHR (London) to LAX (Los Angeles) in First Class on American Airlines after a cruise. We didn't pay full fare because I am retired from AA. Yes, it was great and our service was great but would it have been worth it had we been paying full fare?....absolutely not. Business Class would have sufficed very nicely.

SneakyLooker

Just Browsing
Media
I guess I lean the opposite of most of you. I personally prefer first class and think the money is well worth it. As a tall guy (6'8") I love the extra space!

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've flown first-class mainly through upgrades and/or the generosity of a few traveling companions. Everything from the VIP lounge to the boarding arrangements was supremely civilized; the food and service were great, booze flowed freely and the comfort was superlative.

My current financial arrangements preclude any such luxury today, but if it were of my means, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I cannot imagine the unmitigated hell of flying to Australia or the Far East in a coach seat unless continuously, heavily sedated.

zero_ga

Experimental Member
Media
Yes I have done that from London to New York and from LAX to Hawaii of course the one was british air and I forget what the other one was I traveled so much. I had a lot of frequent flier miles so i wasnt concerned about the cost. Worth it hmmmmm I checked the price it would have cost me and I think if I had to actually pay for it I would have saved the money and had a wonderfull dinner or supper fab hotel room in lou of. But any way it was frequent flier miles. I sat in the nose of the plane front seat 747 was lots of leg room. Drinks and food was good but hey caviar its ok service was nice, but hey you are a captive audience no matter how you slice it. Nice ride less noise, but I figured if we was going down I was first into the ground. if i had to pay the money I would rather spend it more worth while area. Just my opinion

mickstl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've never paid for it, it's always been upgrades -- and it's always been non-trans-con domestic -- but I wouldn't pay for first on a 3 class service. It's nice, don't get me wrong -- but not really worth it on short haul flights.

Business...maybe...if the flight were long enough.

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
No matter how nice they make it the airport experience sucks, for the most part, on any of them
The best I've ever had was when I worked for a company that had a Gulfstream. After that, nothing else compared. Even flying in the much smaller Lear Jets was preferable to the airlines.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Seems like no one in first class actually Pays for their ticket. Contrary to what the perception is, first class is mostly filled with airline employees and frequent fliers using miles and upgrades.

Judging from most of the posters on this thread I think only a very small sliver of folks actually PAY for their seats in First Class.

D_Ray_Jing_Hardon

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've flown First Class on Emirates (A380) and would do it again and again and again!

You had your own cabin with an electrically operated door so you didn't get disturbed by people walking past when you were sleeping. There were showers in the bathroom and underfloor heating. There was a hostess permanently standing outside the 2 bathrooms who went in to tidy up after someone had used them. There were no set meal times so you could order anything off the menu whenever you liked although you had to wait 20 mins for it to be served.

The Hopeful Traveler: Emirates A380: First Class

Last edited:

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some of us travel all the time so the least they can do is upgrade us :smile:

Seems like no one in first class actually Pays for their ticket. Contrary to what the perception is, first class is mostly filled with airline employees and frequent fliers using miles and upgrades.

Judging from most of the posters on this thread I think only a very small sliver of folks actually PAY for their seats in First Class.

MelbourneGirl

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've been upgraded to First twice, once from London to New York and the other time from Hawaii to Fiji. While I have paid for Business and think it's something worth the extra expense, I'd never pay for the pointy end of the plane!!

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've flown First Class on Emirates (A380) and would do it again and again and again!

You had your own cabin with an electrically operated door so you didn't get disturbed by people walking past when you were sleeping. There were showers in the bathroom and underfloor heating. There was a hostess permanently standing outside the 2 bathrooms who went in to tidy up after someone had used them. There were no set meal times so you could order anything off the menu whenever you liked although you had to wait 20 mins for it to be served.

The Hopeful Traveler: Emirates A380: First Class

OMG showers in the bathrooms? Geez, that's where all our oil money is going to pay along with the rest of Dubai.

D_GlennFeckless

Account Disabled
Media
After spending countless hours on military flights (C-141 and KC-135 in jump seats, at times with my 80lb rucksack on my lap) any commercial seat is luxury. Someone smiles and brings me water, and it's cold? Marry me, please.

Seriously, I'll take the first class seat when I'm upgraded or a contract pays for it, but never would I lay down the extra cash to pamper myself like that. What do you get for that? Free booze? Big fucking deal. You get Glenlivet if lucky for that extra several thousand beans, whereas I could buy 30 bottles of Uigedal for that once I hit the duty free at the far end. Leg room? Get the fuck up and walk around. Flirt with the cabin crew, whatever. If your fat ass needs that extra wide seat, all the more reason to get up and do a few laps here and there.

Oh, yes, arkfarmbear, Gulfstream (or Citation X!!) is the shit. Love it when I can score a seat on one. Getting tougher these days, tho, with everyone in creation being a "VP" and the economy keeping private fleets grounded.

D

deleted3782

My travel agent strongly advised me to fly domestic First Class from Beijing to Shanghai because coach was very cramped and sometimes people would spit on the floor...and it was relatively cheap. First class in China is awesome. You have your own waiting area separate from coach where they dispatch a girl to collect you when its time for boarding. Arriving on the plane through your own dedicated first class door, they gave me slippers (that were too small for my big American feet), offered me a magazine or newspaper, and offered me a glass (real glass) or orange juice (fresh squeezed). The stewards (all young girls and one older woman) almost outnumbered the customers. One of the girls actually placed a linen napkin in my lap for me. The best part was being able to recline my seat before take off, and leaving my seat reclined and traytable down while we took off. I felt so wicked doing that. China is an example of capitalism gone wild to a degree that makes Texas look like France, but if you have a little extra money...travel there can be interesting.

D_Ray_Jing_Hardon

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Recently I was offered a free trip on a Learjet which was being delivered to South Africa for a client - initially I said yes but then changed my mind. I couldn't find anyone to go with me at such short notice (2 days) and sitting on my own didn't sound like that much fun. Plus it was winter over there and I would have had to find my own way back.

If I'd been twenty years younger I wouldn't have hesitated!