Have you ever gifted flowers to a man?

In case you did, how was it?
In case not, why not?

I never got flowers in my life and there is not real reason, maybe it would be nice!

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most definitely! I've had flowers delivered to a few men in my life. My husband got two dozen roses delivered to his studio on our second anniversary. His pals got a lot of mileage out of that!

But there's a story behind it.

Not long after we met he sent me a dozen roses at work with a sweet note. Someone said "Oh, we know what you did for a dozen roses!"

I replied, "Nope. If I did he would send two dozen roses!" And we laughed.

Not long after I received another bouquet for my birthday, and everyone started laughing and joking that there were two dozen roses!

I was embarrassed, but then I read the card. In tiny print he wrote "Count them."

There were exactly 23 roses! I knew I had to marry this guy.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Not in a bouquet, but I've bought flowering plants for him many times, and he for me.

I've also given him many nugs of stanky bud. Technically flowers.

So, yup. I've given him flowers. We both love live plants.

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I've never bought flowers for them, but I've picked flowers and given them to them because I thought they were pretty and would enjoy it.

I am personally a woman who prefers a cactus or an editable plant vs just a bouquet of flowers. I like gourds too. Still got a little pumpkin dude standing strong on my counter from before Halloween.

So, if I'm not one to really want lots of flowers, I don't think often to give them to anyone other than my mom.

Most definitely! I've had flowers delivered to a few men in my life. My husband got two dozen roses delivered to his studio on our second anniversary. His pals got a lot of mileage out of that!

But there's a story behind it.

Not long after we met he sent me a dozen roses at work with a sweet note. Someone said "Oh, we know what you did for a dozen roses!"

I replied, "Nope. If I did he would send two dozen roses!" And we laughed.

Not long after I received another bouquet for my birthday, and everyone started laughing and joking that there were two dozen roses!

I was embarrassed, but then I read the card. In tiny print he wrote "Count them."

There were exactly 23 roses! I knew I had to marry this guy.

That is a very sweet story!

D

deleted924715

I haven't. I've never dated a man who expressed any interest whatsoever, so it would seem like a waste of money. If he wanted some, I'd buy him some... But I'm 150% sure he'd rather be gifted food or booze

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I haven't. I've never dated a man who expressed any interest whatsoever, so it would seem like a waste of money. If he wanted some, I'd buy him some... But I'm 150% sure he'd rather be gifted food or booze
I've absolutely gifted my guy Bourbon and Armagnac.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
While I lean to living plants, I have dated men who kill them so quickly it’s worse than watching cut flowers die.

Now, in my faith tradition, cut flowers are for the living. to use them at funerals echoes killing slaves/companions from surrounding peoples and the conquerors of the homeland.
So, cut flowers are for the living.

I do bring them home, so technically, I give my partner flowers on an irregularly regular basis.

if he expressed a desire for them as gift, I’d do so, I have local connections to flower growers (folks who have them as rotation on their small farms).

I am Leave No Trace trained out of picking flowers. I still pick up the errant leaf of rock outside national or state parks (but I’m planning on keeping all sand that joins my shoes, clothing and gear during our next planned trip so I may use it in a paintinhg)

so picking wildflowers is limited to thistles and invasive plants we are encouraged to eradicate. It’s an interesting looking bouquet!

I think the problem is that we, men, do not know if we would like it or not (probably most of us will have a lot of prejudices against it, tbh). But I think, if the guy does not have strong prejudices, is worth the shot. One problem of traditional masculinity is that we men are afraid to even think about what do we like, as it may be not manly enough.

Also, 10 points for the original question.
Thanks a lot!

so picking wildflowers is limited to thistles and invasive plants we are encouraged to eradicate. It’s an interesting looking bouquet!
As a biologist, that is a GREAT idea (and many invasive species started as ornamental, so I am sure that they could do for a good bouquet)