Have you ever gotten THAT look?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Salvatore Speedbump, Nov 19, 2010.

1. D_Salvatore Speedbump

Random question i know but just curious. This is mostly for the ladies here but also a universal question. Have you ever noticed someone....noticing you. With that certain type of look. The look that screams either i'm picturing you naked or we're down right breaking down walls as you speak to me lol. Had a strange (and exciting) night the other night where i thought that maybe this was happening from maybe three women i was talking to. I'm extremely shy and have no idea what to do in situations like that. So just curious what the optimum thing would be to do.

2. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
  3. tgirlsrgreat

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    and keep talking

4. hairyman101

hairyman101 New Member

Albums:
  5. mariamluvsEMbig

Gold Member

Albums:
    ...and buy them a drink

6. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    This one's a funny question to answer without sounding conceited (and I'm not), but both my sister (2.5 years younger than me) and I started noticing that we attracted attention just by walking around while still in our mid-teens. It's never really stopped for me, and I doubt much has changed for my sister, either, despite the fact that we're both decidedly middle-aged now.

Last night I was talking with a fellow member here over the phone as regards how we're viewed by the general public and what the hell "handsome" or even "beautiful" even really mean. He claims (and I have no reason to doubt) that he wasn't aware of the extent of his good looks when younger, and would have capitalized on them if he'd been self-aware enough.

We both agreed that I have nearly always been that self-aware, but that I took it both for granted and (to a degree) as something to overcome. I understood how being perceived as attractive influenced others without ever really understanding all the fuss, myself. We had both been raised to both believe that we were attractive and that it doesn't mean a bloody thing when compared to character and intelligence.

I always made it a point to stress the strengths of my character and mind over anything as superficial as looks: especially as a late teen, I often wore beards and hid behind dark green aviator prescription glasses. I recall being chided by a friend when I was 20 that I wasn't capitalizing enough on my looks and he criticized me for wearing a full (and rather long) beard.

We were having dinner at his place prior to going out to a bar, and I told him that, if I were to shave off the beard, I'd "start a riot". He thought I was being a drama queen, so after dinner I shaved everything off and startled him with the difference. But nothing compared to the reaction I got that night (a regular place of ours for months) where virtually no one recognized me and I remained the center of attention that entire night, indeed to nearly causing "a riot" of unwanted and unwelcome attention.

Eight years later, I was enjoying lunch with an old chum from work who'd known me for years and who asked me if he could ask "a really personal question". Agreeing immediately, he asked me why I always look "so punky". Not exactly understanding the question (I was dressed in a suit and tie with hair gelled just so: very 1988), I asked for a clarification, which went nowhere beyond "freaky" and "strange"; I finally looked at him and asked if, by "punky", he meant "ugly on purpose", he blushed but nodded rapidly in agreement. I just shrugged and told him that I liked my sense of style and felt it to be integral to my character, but he never got it.

I'll cop to a certain degree of overcompensating by always speaking with a heightened vocabulary (I speak much like I write), and by taking enormous pride in never having "married for money" when I had very many opportunities to do so. Self-sufficiency and independence started very young for me, and despite never having continued my education beyond High School, have always commanded respect for my intellect. The fact that I'm entirely an autodidact never interfered with my career, and in some ways enhanced it.

I described how living long-term (26 years and counting) with HIV, along with the natural aging process, has changed my looks enough to be unrecognizable from early pictures in this thread. I also mention that, despite all the changes, I remain viewed by nearly everyone as possessing an attractiveness I can no longer recognize at all. But then, I never really understood the attraction, only its effect(s) on others.

7. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

I'm giving that look to a menu of my local pizza joint right this very minute.

8. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hickboy is a lion among lambs...

9. mako shark

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'll smile or give them the raised eyebrow (especially if there is a boyfriend with them)

10. pinspotter10

pinspotter10 Member

:laughing:

11. D_Salvatore Speedbump

Thanks think i'll give them all a try next time as well as the pizza look. Think it might make my pizza feel sexy and in turn it'll taste that much better :D

12. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Last couple of thanksgivings at my aunts I had this woman who was very attractive watch me @ 1st, then me her. Not surprisingly, I can relay the same look at the local chinese restaurant fried rice and ribs section of the menu.

Draft saved Draft deleted