Have you ever had sex with someone outside your socioeconomic class?

SnapperLondon

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I just don't make that distinction. I don't even see class when I choose my sexual partners. If they're attractive enough to me and they want to have sex with me, then the conditions have been satisfied for sex to occur. (Other conditions might be location and a place to shag but those are secondary issues)

I completely agree with you on this one…

I don't ask to see someones stock portfolio and bank balance before figuring out if they are in a different "class" to me before wondering if I will sleep with them or not…

Men don't tend to come along very often who are particularly interested… I can't afford to be that picky…

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Over the years....BOTH....but it was not something that I thought much about.

I've never been one for casual sex, but I have to admit that it has happened on occasion. Usually, I need to know someone for a while before going any further. I'm more interested in the "inner person." That is more important to me than the fact that they, due the circumstances of their birth....were born into a privileged class, or one that was not.

However, that said, my lasting relationships seemed to have turned out to be ones of my same educational and socioeconomic level.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I met my now husband I was middle aged and he was in his twenties. I was in the midst of a career adjustment that seemed to be working out and he worked customer service. I had an advanced degree and he had never attended college although he had completed eight years of military service. My parents both had advanced degrees and no one in his family had attended college.
However, he wanted to attend college and was/is smart, honest, kind, and cute. Now sixteen years later, he has completed college and an advanced degree and will sit for a professional license in two weeks. I still make more than he does but, as I approach retirement, a time of that changing is in the not too distant future.
To me, his unfamiliarity with middle-class strategies for getting ahead was more of an issue than his immediate financial status and I feel good about having helped him navigate a class change.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If so, was it a fling or a relationship?

Did you move up or down the status ladder when you hooked up?

Did you have a fetish for someone of a particular class?

How did the sex differ from sex with someone of your own class?
I grew up lower middle class, and on my own, I probably count as poor.

I don't do romantic relationships with women. I think I may have had sex with some upper middle class women, but I'm not sure. A couple of the women drove cars I could not have afforded, but we didn't talk about money. It was just casual sex. Most of the women I was with were about my socio-economic level. I could tell by the parts of their lives they shared with me. But again, it was only casual sex, and unless they couldn't afford a sitter, or were struggling to come up with gas money to hang out with me, money never came up.

I tend to avoid men who have lots of money, especially if they want to spend it on me. I just wouldn't be able to shake the feeling that I was being bought. I have been in love with a man who had both cash and status once. I have seen pictures of him in the newspaper having tea with heads of state, being served cocktails by the mayor, things like that. If I had not already been hooked on him, I would have fled. LOL We had too many practical hurdles to overcome if we were going to be together though, and decided to keep it light, and maybe he'd bring me on a fabulous vacation every year like the one we took this spring. This year, we went to Paris, and next year we were going to go on a luxury photo safari in Kenya or someplace like that. But after we decided not to try to get married, I fell in love with someone else, and I won't be able to go. He has begun an affair with his protege, which I think is a terrible idea, but maybe he can take her to Kenya. I doubt he will though. He really wanted to impress me. He takes her aside at conferences. I hope he finds someone more like me, but closer to his age and financial level.

If we had married I would have been moving waaay up financially. Way up. I would not have been able to afford our Parisian accomodations on my budget. I would have stayed someplace cheaper.

I married a man who was from the same socio-economic background as I. Together we are lower middle class, but the divorce will make us both poor. And my new beau is broke as hell. I have never been as poor as he is, and I hope we can build up together like I did with my first husband. Neither of us is the type to argue about money, and I'm decent with money, and he sucks, but is willing to let me take the lead with our finances. I'm confident we can make it work.

I never fetishized any economic class, but I have had the best sex with really, really poor people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

HJ1958

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I can only think of a particular one night hook up, with a guy that picked me up at a bar. He was a bartender there and we went back to his place. From all outward appearances, he looked like he was from a different socioeconomic class, but for all I know he could have been higher educated that me (undergraduate degree) or from a wealthier background. He may have just been sowing his oats and seeing what life was like in a simplier, less complex, world. It was purely sexual and socioeconomic background were never a part of it.

FrankTO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was married to a professional who spent a decade in university, and then I fell in love with a truck driver with a GED - and married him. Totally irrelevant. What matters over the long term is love, intelligence - which has nothing to do with money - and confidence. I make my own money, and I'm old enough to know it's not the key to happiness.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes. I had a g.f. who would have been considered blue-collar working poor, and from a broken dysfunctional family that fell apart because of alcohol abuse and the damn Regan VooDoo Economics. Or maybe it was the Asian steel imports.

bilalmask1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes, with my ex-teacher, she was sexy but never thought of having sex with her, 15 years after graduation, i met her in tesco, she was shopping and i hugged her and almost cried, i was remembering the past days, she was a good teacher. Then we exchange numbers, the next week i invited her to my house to celebrate my birthday, friends came and she appeared more sexy than ever. After we finished our party, all left except her, i told her: teacher, do you want to stay with me? she agreed.
i went to my room then she followed me. I stood up and hugged her them kissed her in the lips and then ..........
cheers

Reactions: xxsweet_spunkxx

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For a while I had a live-in boyfriend from "the other side of the tracks." This had no impact on sex, but did strain other aspects of the relationship, due to fundamental differences in expectations of what a relationship is, based on our family backgrounds.

As far as sex goes, who cares. If I think you're hot, I'm horny, and you like me, let's fuck. And sometimes we we put on the act for sex. Trailer trash in bed, drive off in the Mercedes afterward.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I haven't had sex with a rich dude. Never was a guy that wanted a rich man or to have a sugar daddy. I have had sex with poor men and men who were middle class.

I have met some rich folk (and I never had to have sex with them). It was nice seeing how some rich people lived. I don't have any fantasies to fuck a rich man because of what he had financially or what he opportunities he could offer me. (Apparently some women have that fantasy ...buying those Shades of Gray books.
:smile: Don't be mad at me. If Christian Gray worked at Chipotle and had student loans, those books would be in the discount bin at the dollar store by now.)

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

probably would have happened if I believed in the idiotic segregating of people according to their economic status. Hell maybe it did happen if I was with somebody who lives under those confines. Since I don't believe segregating is a good idea, I never see people in a class. I see a possible love or sex interest and that's all there is to it.

Onyxpumper

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No I don't have a fetish for any socioeconomic class; I have a fetish for intelligence and drive. In the end, i've had great sex with members of every "socioeconomic class" that i've dealt with; be they flings or actual relationships.

No I don't have a fetish for any socioeconomic class; I have a fetish for intelligence and drive. In the end, i've had great sex with members of every "socioeconomic class" that i've dealt with; be they flings or actual relationships.

Usually people are high on the scale already if they have intelligence and drive. They go hand in hand. But in saying that, there are exceptions to every rule.

Myself for example. I grew up in a family that could be objectively described as "white trash" but I put myself through uni and got myself an honours degree in medicinal chemistry and Masters in forensic science. I have drive and a desire to better myself. But, I'm still languishing in lower-middleclass ville. Ones roots are hard to break out of, even though we no longer live in a society that heavily defines people in terms of their class. (At least in NZ anyway).

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If so, was it a fling or a relationship? Did you move up or down the status ladder when you hooked up?

Not really. I was raised middle class. Lower middle class when I was younger, more towards the upper part of middle-middle class when I got older. The women I've dated I would also say had middle class upbringings, with lower middle class being the lowest, and middle middle class being the highest.

Fetish is too extreme a term. I routinely pass women who look poor or destitute that I find very attractive, but I've not been single in quite some time so it's no one I've asked out. Were I single though, having a low income wouldn't prevent me from striking up a conversation.

On the flip side, it probably would. I couldn't imagine myself approaching a woman who I perceived to have a high income (much higher than mine) for anything. I think I would have a general preconception that she would automatically think me annoying.

not applicable.

normalkiwi

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Usually people are high on the scale already if they have intelligence and drive. They go hand in hand. But in saying that, there are exceptions to every rule.

Myself for example. I grew up in a family that could be objectively described as "white trash" but I put myself through uni and got myself an honours degree in medicinal chemistry and Masters in forensic science. I have drive and a desire to better myself. But, I'm still languishing in lower-middleclass ville. Ones roots are hard to break out of, even though we no longer live in a society that heavily defines people in terms of their class. (At least in NZ anyway).

Happy to be with you mate in Low Middle Class NZ lol :)

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I never thought about social/economic class but I've had relationships with men with extraordinary amounts of money and with men struggling to make ends meet. To me a persons worth has little to do with the amount of money they have. And passion has nothing to do with money.

keithcc

Experimental Member
Media
The closest I ever came to marriage was with a woman whose father was in one of the business magazines in the top decile of its list of the wealthiest men in the world. She had no clue as to how people not in that class lived at all. She had a good body, liked and was good at sex, and was fairly intelligent.

I broke it off simply because I realized if I married her I would be completely out of any environment I knew how to deal with. We'd have kids, and I'd be completely without authority compared to Daddy, basically a sperm supplying attachment like one of those deep sea fishes where the tiny males graft onto the female. Daddy was a decent person on a personal level, although his politics and business practices did not particularly endear themselves to me.

She wound up marrying someone more in her class and is, I'm told, quite happy with her husband, four kids and multiple houses in places like Malibu and the Hamptons. I'm glad for her. But I don't regret what I did at all.

Conversely, I've had relationships of varying length with Tonya Harding style, back of the tracks girls. Would never have considered marriage or anything that serious because aside from sex and riding motorcycles and an occasional short vacation we would have nothing in common. They are usually incapable of reading a serious book, intelligent discussion of movies and music (and dismal taste in those) or any planning for the future. But the sex was good. I just avoided druggies, criminals, con women or those with connections to violent organizations (including but not limited to outlaw motorcycle outfits).