Have you ever seen anyone that you know on TV?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mem, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

I have twice.

One guy that used to be a DJ at a STR8 club that I went to was on the People's Court. He won.

Another guy that I know from a gay club who was a drag queen was on Sally Jesse Rahael.

2. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    yeah, me, about 4 times

3. NCbear

Gold Member

Yeah. A local weatherman and his BF go to my Y.

NCbear (who wonders why all the weathermen are gay)

4. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Yeah, them and Magicians.:biggrin1:

5. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

My son, and my dad, my dad was on tv intentionally as part of the group he sang in, I got a quick glimpse of my son at a concert where he was near the front of the audience. As the concert was one that featured in a documentary I've seen him a few times.

6. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    ahem :smile:

I've seen myself on weather programs on TV dozens of times in the last 20 years.

7. NCbear

Gold Member

OK, why all weathermen -- with one exception -- are gay.

NCbear (who knows better than to write absolutes :tongue:)

8. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Because it don't take a weatherman to know which way the wind blows?

That makes no sense at all, does it?

I've seen myself on tv - at least twice, that I can remember.
    Both my parents have appeared on tv as experts in their respective fields. As have several of their friends / collegues and parents of friends.
    A sibling has been on tv, once with me - not sure about without, I don't think so.
    Several friends have been on tv in various capacities - including a school friend ending up an Irish language soap opera.

Ah the joys of growing up in the capital city of a country of less than 4 million inhabitants. :biggrin:

9. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Oh I forgot but Manly reminded me, a friend was on giving information about ms and another was on droning on about ears. When I was a kid my friend and I got loads of tickets to pop shows so possibly we were on looking very 70's and waving our arms about like monkeys on crack.

I keep remembering more and more, I vaguely know this fairly knobbish celebrity who was on quite a lot during the 60's and I knew someone from school (she wasn't in my year though) who's fairly famous, but I don't want to name them as I don't name names :)

Bugger and I've just remembered another three, it seems there are more people on tv than aren't on tv.

10. D_Tintagel_Demondong

11. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah. I'm friends with someone on a prime time television show right now, and she's been on a few others. And I've seen a lot of movie stars. And I've been in a made for TV movie that plays on Lifetime every few weeks now. :biggrin1:

12. pavement

pavement New Member

Just a guy up a tree I nearly fell into a ravene with

13. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Ive never met anyone famous. Hear others say they have.

14. Willy_the_Wonka

Willy_the_Wonka New Member

Albums:
    I've ended up on tv a few times...once in the background on a show called "Hot Summer Nights" on ESPN2 in the mid-90's, they asked if they could shoot a lead-in in front of my shop in Laguna. I was also in a quick shot in a documentary a couple years ago, they asked if they could shoot me at a dealers' table...they asked me to sign a model release on both of those instances.... I ended up in the background a couple times on a tv show called A Current Affair in the early 90's.... and, in a news spot that played once an hour for 24 hours on OC NEWS, again in the mid 90's, some friends and I had a project that got some media attention.

This is weird...there was a terrible murder/robbery several years back, a gay man was beaten to death, tortured and mutilated, and his car was stolen...a day later a few hundred miles north the suspect was seen, and a chase resulted with him firing at a persuing cop car, and a standoff in an industrial yard..... when they showed the suspect's mug shot on tv and said his name, I was like...:eek: The suspect was someone I had gotten to know (I saw him every day) from a recovery center, I knew he would not stay sober, but I had no idea he was this wacked out. Why he didn't get the death penaly I will never understand, but he got life without parole...three years after his arrest.

A guy I dated once became a production assistant for video in the Los Angeles Fire Dept, and I saw a report on tv of him. Ah, a yummy one, he was. :tongue:

Actually, more than I can remember....they are what they are, no more, no less.....

15. xemnasfury21

xemnasfury21 New Member

Albums:
    Only myself when I knew I was on it (and many weeks afterwards when they kept showing the same clip of the band I was watching over and over)

I know one year some of the attention starved farts that I went to school with will emerge on Big Brother or something.

16. invisibleman

Gold Member

My cousin was on Change of Heart and Blind Date four times--twice on each show. She lives in California. (Those shows actually sucked. Very exploitative. All for a free date. I think that they pair anybody together just so the date would be horrible and all on film.)

:rolleyes:

17. nay-nay

nay-nay New Member

my neighbor's daughter was on maury for being obese. they were supposed to help her lose weight but she's still the same size. and this was like...5 years ago. :rolleyes:

18. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

I saw a man and woman I know in the audience on a game show.

Another woman I know was in the audience on a talk show.

When they brought back the Newlywed Game, a co-worker and her husband were on it, and they asked them some embarrassing questions. We teased her a lot about it. They didn't win.

When I was in my early 20's, a local morning television show had come to town for an event that was going on. It was live and I didn't record it, but people who saw it told me they saw me standing in the background for an entire segment.

And not too long ago, I was watching the nightly news and they said there was a murder in a town about 30 miles from where I live. I know a guy who lives there, so I'm watching and all of a sudden I see the guy I know being interviewed by the television reporter. It was his next door neighbor who had gotten stabbed to death.

19. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Yes... the guy who used to work in the cubicle next to mine at my old job was on the news once - because he won a $10 million lottery jackpot! :eek:

He shortly retired from the job. :biggrin1:

20. Drifterwood

Gold Member

I appear for the BBC from time to time.

Infamy infamy, they all have it in for me :biggrin1:

I'm not famous, I just know what I am talking about apparently. Indeed, worry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice