Have you ever seen anyone that you know on TV?

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I appear for the BBC from time to time.

Infamy infamy, they all have it in for me :biggrin1:

I'm not famous, I just know what I am talking about apparently. Indeed, worry.
Well ok i saw you on the telly. I did meet someone famous after all. Call for the corker.....................:biggrin1:

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh, yeah... I remember another one from when I was 18. It was a "casual encounter" (ie, we cruised each other at a mall) I had with a nice looking guy, and we left, had some fun in what I would consider the strangest place I ever got it on with somebody in (a cemetary :eek: ), then we walked to his house, he introduced me to some of his family, and we made plans to go out the following Friday night....we ended up with other dates, but only after a very strange evening of listening to this guy's obsession with Marilyn Monroe and how he wanted to be a star (never mind the fact that he had no talent or ambition to speak of, and as the evening wore on, I would add "brains" to the list), and how he was going to make his big splash to the media when he and his family were going to play on Family Feud. :rolleyes:

Never saw him again after that night, and months later I was channel surfing and went by Family Feud and saw the guy (with a different name on his name tag, go figure :rolleyes:) screwing up a question, and watched for the last few minutes as his family lost. :eek:

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, I see people I know on TV all the time. I know several of the local anchors or reporters (three of them go to my church) so I see them in person and on TV. One of my radio DJ friends also was on TV for a while, so I saw her. My mother was in a TV movie and I have the video of that. I have also been on the news several times, so I've seen myself after the fact.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A large contingent of my friends are actors so I can barely get through an hour of television (esp football) without seeing someone I know in commercials.

I did have a laugh out loud moment a couple months ago when that Levi's ad came on (the one with the phone booth) - I never really paid attention to it before, and as the hot guy pulled his jeans up I just about fell off the couch roaring, "Holy shit, that's GEORGE!"

I dunno... you had to be here I guess.

I've also got a couple friends on TV shows (off the top of my head at least 3 friends are or have been on Heroes).

D_Ironside Lilydew

Just Browsing
Media
Well, thanks to going to a school with a good football team, and being a part of a certain musical group at that school, I've been on TV many mannnny times the past couple of years.

But never really for more than a couple or seconds at a time...guess my 15 mins of fames is going to be verrry split up!

ThisSpace4Rent

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
One of my good friends from High school gets some lead roles in major movies.

A girl from my HS economics class went on to become a Playboy Centerfold, but I can't say she was one of my friends :p

My uncle's been on Unsolved Mysteries (He was a detective). And my niece was interviewed by a news station for some fluff piece about the Liberty Bell.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I went to HS in California though, so I'm fairly sure that actually a lot of people I knew have been on TV, I just didn't recognize them :p

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have twice.

One guy that used to be a DJ at a STR8 club that I went to was on the People's Court. He won.

Another guy that I know from a gay club who was a drag queen was on Sally Jesse Rahael.
I have seen several persons I know on television over the years. Some have been little more than blips on the radar others have been of greater magnitude in their overall fame.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
People on TV:
Diane Farr who used to be a co-host for MTV's version of Loveline.
Andrew Dice Clay, who was a misogynist comedian who always wore leather ("hickory dickory dock, some chick was sucking my cock"...)
Jamie Kennedy
Virtually the entire cast of the OC
Jack Black

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Sure!
Me! Modeling the finest "Heddy Jo Star" costume designs!
Myself and several of the girls I worked with, and who also had outfits made, by Heddy Jo Star. She really was an exceptional designer, and did the costumes for B&B when they were in Vegas,and the Folies B. in younger days,so she mentioned. I've lost touch with "mother" over the years but if
anyone has information on her or Buzzy,I would love to have it.
cigarbabe:saevil:

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes. First a buddy of mine on COPS punching out a guy who was harrassing his sister, my mom giving a speech at a Chamber of Commerce luncheon, my brother performing at a concert, and me giving commentary on the news about how I felt about then President Clinton and his affairs.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I saw a man and woman I know in the audience on a game show.

Another woman I know was in the audience on a talk show.

When they brought back the Newlywed Game, a co-worker and her husband were on it, and they asked them some embarrassing questions. We teased her a lot about it. They didn't win.

When I was in my early 20's, a local morning television show had come to town for an event that was going on. It was live and I didn't record it, but people who saw it told me they saw me standing in the background for an entire segment.

And not too long ago, I was watching the nightly news and they said there was a murder in a town about 30 miles from where I live. I know a guy who lives there, so I'm watching and all of a sudden I see the guy I know being interviewed by the television reporter. It was his next door neighbor who had gotten stabbed to death.

I forget to mention a girl that I graduated with. She's been in over 30 movies and tv shows. Not big parts, but she's earning a living in Hollywood. She's on the IMDB.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

I've appeared on the News twice,nude both times!!,the first time I was talking to Merridith Viera from 60 Minutes fame.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my friend was a guest on the greg behrendt show lol. and another one of my friends was on the price is right..i was jealous