Have you ever Shoplifted?

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We used to have this store called Winn Dixie and they had a thing of candy where you would scoop up candy and put it in a bag and buy it. When I was about 4 or 5 I was tall enough to reach it, so I would take a gummy worm or two while my mom would be shopping around.
Wednesday I was at a restaurant with a few friends and we had ordered chips and salsa...we each had separate checks and nobody had the salsa on theirs...we didn't say anything. oops.

I assume this was a Mexican restaurant. Most of them bring you chips and salsa at no charge if you order and eat. I don't think asking for a glass of water only would quality though. :tongue:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
during the walk-about years of my misspent youth i lived by shoplifting. stole clothes to wear or sell. stole food to eat or share. stole just about everything you could think of. i never felt bad or guilty about the pilfering. i might have painted myself in robin hood shades when i was just a criminal.

i wasn't an angel.. i also stole because i wanted things i couldn't get by legal means. again, i never felt bad. had this weird sense of pride that i outsmarted store security.

there were rules..
only steal from national chains. never a mom & pop.
only steal from stores. never from people, libraries, charities, churches or the like.
for everything i took i had to give something to a person in need. - often left cash or goods at shelters or food pantries. took care of about 5 other kids.

i was damn good. kinda scary good. have left my sinnin' ways behind. i will occasionally steal grapes. but only if i intend to by grapes. taste testing isn't a crime :tongue1:

Last edited:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I never stole something that was for sell, but when I had a rough year when I was younger I stole toilet paper, napkins, ketchup, things of that nature from Hardee's and other such places.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
When I was a teen and not quite homeless, but really broke. Would go for coffee and steal all the sugar & ketchup packets, silverware, toilet paper etc from restaurants. Pretty much only took food & household items. My life as a petty thief ended once I started making some money.

I'm the total opposite now. Last year, I had a very confused cashier while I was Christmas shopping. I got home and realized I hadn't paid for an entire bag of items. I went back the next day and paid for the whole thing. The clerk at customer service looked at me like I was crazy. I do that all the time - my family makes fun of me for it. Oh well, just making up for the bad stuff I did as a kid.