Have you ever used drugs just for fun?

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If so, which ones?

I have done pot, LSD, 'shrooms, ecstasy, clonazepam (Rivotril), Diazepam (Valium), Hydrocodone (Vicodin) and Paroxetine (Paxil).

Hell No! I would be happy if I could get off 4 of the drugs you listed that are prescribed to me.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wellbutrin worked very well for me. I can't take SSRIs and SNRIs (like Paxil and Effexor). Everyone is different and even the same person will have different reactions to psychiatric medication at different times. I hate it when people will poo-poo a drug because it didn't work for them. What doesn't work for you may save someone else's life, and vice versa.

I agree, that's why I listed my diagnosis and why it didn't work for me. Unless you had the same exact issues as I did the drug wouldn't have the same effect.

As you know, people have already told me Effexor XR is a horrible drug and I should get off it immediately. :lmao: As if I would listen to the amateur shrinks and Tom Cruise wannabe's who think all prescription drugs are evil. :tongue: It works for me but for many others it doesn't.

I think people who do shrooms are crazy, but that's my opinion and nobody elses.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If so, which ones?

I have done pot, LSD, 'shrooms, ecstasy, clonazepam (Rivotril), Diazepam (Valium), Hydrocodone (Vicodin) and Paroxetine (Paxil).
Please explain the "fun" in taking Paxil. It is a potent anti-depressant and has as its main side effect sexual dysfunction. Doesn't sound like much fun to me.

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Answer to the one who asked how long it was between tries -It was a while between tries. Don't know why it didn't affect me...

Thought I replied with quote to the message, but...didn't.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Please explain the "fun" in taking Paxil. It is a potent anti-depressant and has as its main side effect sexual dysfunction. Doesn't sound like much fun to me.

It triggered TMJ with me after fewer than three days dosing and has never gone away, even after seven years. Paxil was terrible for me!

I think people who do shrooms are crazy, but that's my opinion and nobody elses.

There are 'shrroms and 'shrooms. I never had access to Peyote, and the initial rush of nausea always made me too leery to try them. Psilocybin mushrooms (which I did twice) were fabulous.

My "wild days" with drugs ran from 1975-83 (I was born in 1960: you do the math). I doubt that a day went by when I wasn't at least stoned on pot at that time.

My limits, such as they were, were highly personal. I'm terrified of needles, so I never used Heroin. I saw lives wrecked on "Angel Dust" and decided it couldn't be worth it.

I couldn't afford Coke as a teen, and by the time I could afford it disliked the anti-social aspects of it. Parties always separated into those who'd go en masse to the bathroom (or wherever) to snort blow and the rest of us who'd just pass joints and drink beer. They always had some "joke" they wouldn't/couldn't share with the group (much like the Coke itself).

Speed was never my thing: I'm naturally speedy (or high-strung, if you prefer), and a Black Beauty would never fail to set me in a rage.

X, which we called MDMA back in those dim times, was fantastic, and owe much pleasure in the Summer of 1981 to its abundant supply.

Although I smoked it daily, I was never fond of the typical "head" I got with pot, and found myself frequently introverted, self-obsessed and paranoid. I always preferred the body high of Hashish or Marinol.

I will never refuse an offer for Vicodin, Percocet or Oxycontin, but do not seek them out and am very careful regarding limits which I do not cross. The same can be said for Benzos like Valium or Xanax, which I adore but use with extreme caution.

Younger people will never understand why Quaaludes are still the stuff of legend, poor dolls. But, of all the drugs I've ever done, "Ludes are the ones I miss the most.

I smoked Opium with a group of friends when I was 19 and we all curled up on an oriental rugs, cuddling like puppies.

I once spent an evening in 1980 snorting Crystal Meth with a friend who made some big promises about the high, but was unimpressed and have never used it again. The destruction it is now causing to the gay community can only be compared with HIV/AIDS and it is a terrible scourge.
I'm sure I've left some out, but drugs do a number on the brain cells, after all.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Tried pot once when I was 18.
In more recent times I have tried "Skunk" which is like a off the charts, high potency pot.
It got extremly horny and the guy I was dating at the time tried his best to keep up but he ended up getting the munchies and so I ended up curling up into a ball and crying until I fell asleep.

O

OldFirm08

If not for fun, what else could it be? I grew up in the 60's so that should provide the multiple answers for me.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dopey transaction gives police officer easy arrest

NOT THE COOLEST: Wade from Masterton accidentally got busted by the police for possession of drugs when he tried to pay his bill with weed instead of money at a service station.

The world was laughing at Masterton man Wade and he did not even know it.

He made headlines this week after being busted trying to use cannabis to pay for snacks when he got a bad case of the munchies. The problem was, a policeman had been standing behind him in a petrol station watching.
News of his dopey transaction quickly spread around the globe thanks to the internet a technology that Churchward, 28, a mechanic, confesses to never using and made him the butt of jokes from his mates.
He said yesterday he remembered nothing of the night in question, or the fact that people around the world were reading about his plight.
"I had just had surgery on my lung after puncturing it in a motorbike accident and had forced myself from hospital at 3pm to make my mate's wedding by four," he said. "I guess with all that morphine and all the narcotics they had been pumping into me and after jumping straight into jugs of beer, you could pretty much see what was going to happen."
Constable Peter Sykes said he noticed the attendant was having trouble with a customer as he filled up his patrol car. "He kept looking out at the window at me and I started wondering, `What the hell is going on?"'
Inside, Churchward was munching his way through his snacks while trying to pay with an eftpos card, which kept being declined. Undeterred, he pulled out a tin of cannabis and a pipe to smoke it in and offered it to the attendant as payment before Sykes tapped him on the shoulder.
Churchward's family, who had also been at the wedding, arrived at the petrol station as he was being spoken to. They offered to take him home, rather than have him spend a night in a cell, and he was summonsed to appear in court.
It was not until the next morning when he sobered up that his sister went through his wallet and pulled out $47 in cash he had the money on him the whole time.
He appeared in the Masterton District Court and pleaded guilty this week to possessing cannabis and will be sentenced on July 3.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It triggered TMJ with me after fewer than three days dosing and has never gone away, even after seven years. Paxil was terrible for me!
One of my neurologists prescribed Paxil for me, for headaches. By the time I realized what was going on, I had done so much nightly teeth grinding, all my molars were cracked. Yeah, great stuff. I'm still getting those teeth fixed as I can afford to. In the end, that little experiment will have cost me about $30,000.