Have You Given-Up on Love?

D_Salvatore Speedbump

Just Browsing
Media
Well first off...hello. Complete new guy here. Was searching the forums here to find some answers to questions i've had about previous relationships. Never done anything like this before in my life. I'm pretty introverted so yeah. Anyway, while looking i found this topic and it struck a cord to say the least.

I think i've long since given up on a certain type of love. There's young love and lasting love. Lasting love, to me is something that has the potential to last through older age because of the mutual satisfaction and agreement two people have. Young love, in my opinion, is something that has a definite life span. Only because of its very nature. Its young and most times, even though we may not think so at the time, very unstable. Hormones and hearts..blah blah.

To be fair, yes a bit of young love is needed now and again in lasting love. Just like they say though, too much of any one thing can be bad. But as far as young love goes yeah. I have totally and utterly given up on that. Think i may be giving up on lasting love as well. There's just so many different ways lasting love can be negatively effected that i'm surprised when i find two people that have actually been able to make it.

As for compensation. Well i think i've compensated the absence of lasting and young love for art. A while back ago i use to wonder how anyone could really "love" their job. I mean its a job. How could anyone really have that much affection for something they have to do to survive. Keep in mind that at the time i was working in a menial labor job lol. So that kinda explains that whole temperament right there. I'm getting into photography right now and i honestly can't see myself going through life without at least a disposable camera lol.

The one thing that has consistently carried me through life is goofiness. Sure there are intelligent laughs and uber sophisticated laughs. But nothing on this planet will surpass laughing at a bad pun, fart joke or just plain slap stick humor.

As for spending my last days alone, well, might sound a bit depressing but i'm kind of expecting it. Have no idea why.

I don't know, personally. Family and friends would be more than enough for me. I just don't have that privilege most days.

Creativity keeps the forlorn and self-pity at bay (for the most part). There is nothing in this world like building something out of nothing.

Haven't always been single, i've loved and lost lol. I wouldn't say completely that they loved me back. At the time sure, i would have said yes without an afterthought but looking back i can see that their affections were placed elsewhere.

Guess that's my formal introduction :p (i feel soooo naked now lol) Oh keep in mind that this is the first completely personal forum i've ever posted on lol.

Femme

Experimental Member
Media
Why?

I have given up on being idealistic, thinking that I will one day meet my perfect match. I used to think, as a teenage girl, that I would meet a person who will fascinate me, open up new worlds to me on an almost daily basis, take his time and be loving in bed and just pull me into a dream that is separate from the rest of the world. Looking back, everytime I felt for a guy the beginning stages held promises for what I described above. At one point in my life I met somebody who came very close, though, it was inrequited. After several years I am finally able to think of him, listen to music he likes and say his name without feeling tears coming on. If that was love, I don't think I want it anymore. I have never felt for anyone, or anything, and never wanted to give myself so entirely as I did when I knew him. Having learned my feelings he showed his indifference, and every hour was a challenge after that. Time passed, and I am better, but I do not want the same dependence and insanity on another being again.

How do you compensate?

I create personal goals. Achieving them miraculously gives me satisfaction, and a sense of discovering something, broadening my horizons. Thinking that there is still a lot I don't know, and there are other pleasures in life.

What keeps you moving on in life?

I am not sure. I don't like to think about that.

Do you fear spending your last days alone?
A little bit, though for some reason I am privy to a lot of people's internal turmoil, and I see that it is not uncommon for most of my friends to feel these things. It calms me down in a way, because I know I am not alone at all, but in other ways it makes me feel sad for humanity.

Are friends and family enough?

Sometimes. I am in a relationship now, though I think I keep myself at a distance more than ever. When I do open up, it's nice, but I am still cynical about the whole thing. Funny thing is, as much as I tell myself I am not getting attached, should we have a fight or if he doesn't call for a long time, I get antsy and even cry (after fights).

What keeps you from becoming forlorn and self-pitying?

I don't think I don't do any self-pitying at all, per se, but like I said earlier, I see that there are many people going through the same bullshit. I also volunteer with the disabled, who have not even had any exposure to everything we are talking about right now. It kind of makes me realize that if before I thought this "magical love" was some sort of ultimate experience we should all strive for, well, that's not really the case at all.

Have you ever been in love with someone who loved you in return or have you always been single?

As one user described before me, I have been in young love for a few years, where at 16 we skipped class and rolled around in bed. He appreciated my body and truly made me feel beautiful. Our intimacy was probably due to our natural chemistry, but not really our intellectual worlds. We parted because I realized that really, we did not value the same things in life, and our conversation became sort of boring.
I dated from time to time, nobody really fascinated me except the man I described in the first question.
The relationship I am in now is mostly calm, logical, and has a lot of compromise. We both have busy schedules and try to talk about our feelings when we are tired or worried. He knows that for a relationship to work there has to be two complete people, so thankfully unlike my first young love relationship, he is fine with me persuing things alone and then sharing them with him. And I do the same for him.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why?

How do you compensate?

What keeps you moving on in life?

Do you fear spending your last days alone?

Are friends and family enough?

What keeps you from becoming forlorn and self-pitying?

Have you ever been in love with someone who loved you in return or have you always been single?
No, I am not giving up on love. In fact, I found two cute guys whom I love so much. One is a Japanese and the other is a white. Both of them are younger than me.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't be so piggin daft! :tongue:

You need more confidance (proper confidance,not the pretend confidance you have on here) and then you'll realise it is right in front of you hidden but waiting to be found...so to speak!

You said you wouldn't make fun of my inverted penis! :frown1:

And I think you mean confidence :tongue:.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
You said you wouldn't make fun of my inverted penis! :frown1:

And I think you mean confidence :tongue:.

I said i wouldnt make fun of your w*nking technique and that big scabby patch you have on your ****:eek:

I did mean that but i was typing fast with my new nails on FFS,don't take the mickey out of me young man or else i'll spank your backside from here into the middle of next week!

(@)(@):tongue:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To answer the dead guy's questions:

Have You Given Up on Love? No, but I haven't been doing much of anything to look for it.

Why? Discouragement in consequence of past experience.

How do you compensate? Compensate?

What keeps you moving on in life? Interest in other things.

Do you fear spending your last days alone? Very much. But then, finding a partner for life is no proof against dying alone. In most cases, one member of the pair dies before the other. If you're the survivor and you don't find another before death takes you, you die alone.

Are friends and family enough? No.

What keeps you from becoming forlorn and self-pitying? It has been going on for too long and there are other things to occupy me.

Have you ever been in love with someone who loved you in return or have you always been single? Those are two independent questions. The complementary term to "single" is not "in love" but "married," or perhaps "in an intimate, exclusive relationship with someone." There are plenty of people who are in such a relationship without being in love. In any case, my answer to the first question ("Have you ever been in love with someone who loved you in return?") is "no."

Last edited:

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I said i wouldnt make fun of your w*nking technique and that big scabby patch you have on your ****:eek:

I did mean that but i was typing fast with my new nails on FFS,don't take the mickey out of me young man or else i'll spank your backside from here into the middle of next week!

(@)(@):tongue:

Hey! My penis isn't scabby...anymore!

Maybe I want you to spank me. And spank my monkey...He's called George :tongue:

I gave up on intimate love a while ago. Now i just trudge on keeping my family and friends happy