Have You Given-Up on Love?

curiouslady

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've not read all of this thread, but I would say:

When you read your "true loves" obituary, then you truly BEGIN to 'give up.'

Until that moment, I always had hoped we would meet again, but alas death is so final.

If your true love is still alive, FIGHT for HIM (or HER!) DON'T give up, until there is absolutely NO hope.

I envy my children, as they will be able to keep up with past friends/lovers via facebook, or myspace or just google. I was lost to him for over 30 years. I am torn over and over, with the knowledge he was single for over 25 of those years...he died single! What a loss, for us both.

Don't ever give up on true love. It is worth the hurt.

CL

c9s2k9

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm with Mr. Bulldog--the prospect of lifelong emotional and physical solitude used to be upsetting, but now I have embraced it and I am comforted by it.

Last edited:

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
I've not read all of this thread, but I would say:

When you read your "true loves" obituary, then you truly BEGIN to 'give up.'

Until that moment, I always had hoped we would meet again, but alas death is so final.

If your true love is still alive, FIGHT for HIM (or HER!) DON'T give up, until there is absolutely NO hope.

I envy my children, as they will be able to keep up with past friends/lovers via facebook, or myspace or just google. I was lost to him for over 30 years. I am torn over and over, with the knowledge he was single for over 25 of those years...he died single! What a loss, for us both.

Don't ever give up on true love. It is worth the hurt.

CL

It's really sad that you feel like that CL.My true love was killed when i was 18 and 4 months pregnant with our twin daughters.

I did go on to love again and i hope you do as well.

You are right though....it is worth the hurt.

I'm with Mr. Bulldog--the prospect of lifelong emotional and physical solitude used to be upsetting, but now I have embraced it and I am comforted by it.
Whoa Whoa Whoa. Emotional solitude hey that's fine and dandy but I still need some physical excitement every now and then haha

I've tried to form romantic relantionships with about 5 different girls this year. Some older friends, some I barely knew. Mostly, the contact was based off either an enormous amount of trust, or lack thereof, and purely physical. There was really no grey area. I guess, what I mean by that, is; I believe love exists in many forms. Sometimes the way you love one meaningful partner in your life differs only slightly from the way you love your parents, for example. Other times, you can feel the refraction of one love in another love, either earlier in your life, or later. I can't say I've felt the same "love" for anyone I've had sex with, but it was always ignited and/or magnifyed by some inexplicable emotion.

I've given up on a lot of things, but if I don't keep living to feel the magic that exists in the mystery and excitement of finding those honest souls, then does living really matter? The people in and out of our lives are meaningful. They teach us lessons, sometimes in the form of punishment, sometimes in the form of euphoria, sometimes, nothing at all. Love is everywhere, in many disguises. Take a second to breathe in, and think about all of the people you care about in your life. Can't you finally just say, that you love them, too? Just for staying there? My two cents.

minimag

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I just don't have it in me to form any sort of emotional or physical connection with another person. I didn't technically "give-up," I just figured that it was never even within the realm of possibility.

Last edited:

remiel

Sexy Member
Media
I kind of have. I mean, I have commitment issues, so I need to be in love in order to be in a successful relationship. The last time I was in love was about a year ago, almost, and that was unrequited, so...yeah. Though I wonder if it's because I'm looking for love that I never find it. I look for love, but I don't exactly expect it to come to me. When I go back to school in a month, I'm going to make more of an effort to talk to women in order to try and find some kind of spark. Wish me luck. :p

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I posted earlier in this thread but it's beenover a year. So, on a happier note, I was forty-eight and several times wounded in love when I met my husband. He was Twenty-six. That was almost twelve years ago. In that time we have happily been together, moved twice (once from coast to coast), built our own house, gotten married, he's finished college and earned a master's degree.
No relationship is all fun and always pleasing but we love each other, are good to each other, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Dave

accemb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For me, this stanza from an old Rodgers and Hart song applies:
("Falling in Love With Love")

I fell in Love with Love one night when the moon was full
I was unwise with eyes unable to see!
I fell in Love with Love with love ever-lasting.
But Love fell out, with me!!

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Sung here (on YouTube) by the lovely Rebecca Luker (skip to 1:16 to get past the introduction by Julie Andrews).

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Awww, don't be sad furrybear :hug:

And for myself I'm all about pure silliness so how could I ever give up on anything:smile:

Last edited by a moderator: