Have you met many weirdos from the internet IRL?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by DaveyR, Jun 10, 2011.

1. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I tend not to meet people much now unless I have known them a long time and am totally comfortable with meeting them.

There was a time I thought I must be recruiting for a freak show.

2. Rubenesque

Gold Member

Albums:
    I met up with a REALLY dull bloke once who spent our entire meal telling me about his brother's bathroom refit. I'm much pickier these days! lol

3. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've met two from here. One women who I've become very good friends with and one guy who is a complete idiot.

I have enough weirdos in my offline life, I keep pretty tight rein on access to it from the internet.

4. Kotchanski

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    There is one guy I see fairly regularly, he's a little odd to say the least, but his husband is lovely and more than makes up for him!

I also plan to meet up with a right weirdo from here at some point, I've known him for several years, but never got the chance to meet him... I bet he's even more weird in person than he is on the mod team!

5. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

That confirms what I suspected.

You kept that quiet about your plans to meet Nudey :smile:

6. Kotchanski

Albums:
    As much as I'd love to meet Nudey, he's no where near as weird as you :tongue:

7. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I want to meet you both; oddly though I knew you were talking about him for some reason.:smile:

8. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Fortunately for you I had to change my travel plans then :smile:

9. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

I've met a few people from LPSG. I would absolutely like to meet more.

There is this local crazy cat lady from here that I sometimes see around town pushing a shopping trolley full of shop window mannequins. I try to avoid her as much as possible but for some reason I can't seem to shift her.

10. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Unfortunately I missed out on meeting you when my plans did not work out. That's a shame despite what Acon has told me.

11. Kotchanski

Albums:
    There's still time...

We'll get Nudey to come to, add some normal to the crazy!

12. nudeyorker

Gold Member

13. MickeyLee

Gold Member

i am usually the weirdo in question.
    :wink:

14. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

(Disclaimer: Those who have read my History understand the game I play....so don't judge me.. I don't judge you)

When I was just starting out, I had chatted with a guy who showed me face pics (he was sitting behind a desk) and we had long discussions. He said his body type was average and he was from Egypt, so he spoke with an accent - was that OK. I said, I am from the South and I speak with an accent, is that ok?? LOL He told he he was an attorney and shared enough to make me feel comfortable enough to meet.

We agreed to meet for drinks at a local restaurant. My husband drove me and watched me greet the guy (safety.)

First he was half hour late but kept texting me he was 'on his way'. I chalked that up to his laid back culture. He pulled up in a tiny red sports care and waved as he pulled into a parking space. When he parked his little sports car I noticed he parked in a "handicap accessible" parking space. Then he flipped up a rear-view HC tag and I thought to myself...hmmm.. he must use a wheelchair. Guess he forgot to tell me that part. No biggie. I don't have a problem with chairs. But when he got out he did not pull out a chiar. He WADDLED out and behind that face came a 350 plus pound body!! Now, let me say, I have nothing against morbidly obese individuals. Some of the nicest people are 'heavy'. But for the record, I am not looking to have sexual experience with this body type!
    The guy kinda misled me when he said his body type was 'AVERAGE'.

I smiled my sweetest smile and thought...I'm curious about this man now.. So during our 'drinks' which lasted an hour (him doing all the talking and me nodding and smiling), I realize he is NOT an attorney, but only works in an attorney's office. He is a used car salesman. So after our long drinks, I thank him kindly and tell him that it was nice meeting him but there is no chemistry.

He could not for the life of him understand why I was not interested! Could anyone help me out....what else was I supposed to say? Call him on the carpet for misleading information? Thankfully, my husband was still in the parking lot. He said he knew when he saw him that I would be nice, but I was going nowhere with this man.

I learned a great lesson... No cam or verifying pics...no meeting. I don't understand why people bother to create a pseudo person when they KNOW they are going to meet and they KNOW the person will find out they totally lied.

#14 D_Kitten_Kaboodle, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  15. B_Nicodemous

B_Nicodemous New Member

Have yet to meet any weirdos (good or bad kind) from here (I have yet to meet anyonne from here in person yet, weirdo or otherwise)but have had my share of odd charaters from dating sites, creepers from sex sites, odd creepers from both. I feel like a deranged Lady Liberty, shouting: bring me you strnge your odd, your socially inept, your well meaning history buffs, and your no chemistry fuckwads...lol

I have met some seet oddballs, and I reaminfreinds with few of them. Those weirdos are fun to meet. Hopefully they feel the same about me! lol! like MickeyLee, chances are,I willbe the weirdo in question :redface:

16. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    How many times have I told you to avoid Acon?!

You met JF, too? :tongue:

17. LookingCurious

LookingCurious New Member

Albums:
    I've met a few weirdos...but more along the lines of "creepy" than weirdo in the sense that I think the OP intended.

The first (and most memorable) occurred my freshman year of university.

It was the first time I have ever attempted (or even really considered) meeting someone on the internet. In this case it was Craigslist. It was when I was first becoming sexually active and had never been with a guy before.

We emailed for about 2 days, exchanged pics and phone numbers. The pic he sent was really...really attractive. I called, and he sounded attractive too. We meet up at a parking lot of a grocery store right off of campus, and he's in an SUV with dark tinted windows...

I hopped in the car (which in hindsight is a really stupid thing to do), and lo and behold, the guy is actually really hot.

The problem? He was definitely NOT the guy in the pictures he sent me. Not even close. I asked him about it and he wouldn't give me a straight answer; he would just beat around the bush.

Eventually I just said, "Uhhh...I don't think I can do this. I'm really sorry but I think I'm going to leave."

What truly makes him weird/creepy is that in the hour after that happened, he called and emailed me over 100 times. Left several voice mails that got progressively angrier. This culminated in him posting my pictures and phone number all over craigslist (fortunately, I emailed CL staff and they removed the listings really quickly).

To this day, I still wonder why he sent me the fake pics; he really was an attractive guy.

That experience pretty much scared me away from Craigslist for a few years.

18. fri2219

fri2219 Member

#18 fri2219, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  19. closetfreak

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ive enacted a strict cam policy. I had one woman who had gorgeous pictures come to find out that was before her child was born, 7 years ago. She'd almost doubled in size since then. We still hung out for a while, but fuck, at least show some integrity.

20. luka82

Gold Member

I have met most of dates online, and yes, some of them have been fucking WEIRD!
    @ Flamey- I think I see that lady too!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted