Have you noticed that high church christians have a thing for corporal punishment?

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most religions are against human nature. Most say that sex is bad but humans are horny by nature. Most say masturbation is evil and almost all people do it. I guess we all are going to hell.:biggrin1::biggrin1: For that reason this force many believers to be hypocrites. I prefer to being a nonreligious and to continue masturbate and have occational sex and being honest about it rather than claimed being a religious person and being a hypocrite about those things. Corporal punishment is useless because we all are going to " sin" anyways.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Oh shut the fuck up and get over here and spank me!

:rolleyes: :tongue:

I would but my hand is still a little sore. :wink:

I know plenty of "low church" Christians who are in favor of corporal and capital punishment.

I am sure that is true, Prep, but my UK experience leads me to think that it is more prevalent in the higher churches.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I went to a VERY strict catholic school run by the church.
The headmaster was a priest and our teachers where nuns.
Their discipline consisted of public thrashings, where the child was dragged
up on morning parade by the ear, their transgressions read out, punishment declared and metered out in front of the whole student body.
This consisted of being bent over a chair, dress flipped up, knickers pulled down and the required amount of "cuts" given.
The child was then allowed to stand, fix their attire and was dragged off stage by the ear and put with their class mates.
A worst punishment was to be called to the priests office for a
"private"punishment.
where he would thrash you bare buttocks with a cane in one hand and masturbate himself with the other.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I went to a VERY strict catholic school run by the church.
The headmaster was a priest and our teachers where nuns.
Their discipline consisted of public thrashings, where the child was dragged
up on morning parade by the ear, their transgressions read out, punishment declared and metered out in front of the whole student body.
This consisted of being bent over a chair, dress flipped up, knickers pulled down and the required amount of "cuts" given.
The child was then allowed to stand, fix their attire and was dragged off stage by the ear and put with their class mates.
A worst punishment was to be called to the priests office for a
"private"punishment.
where he would thrash you bare buttocks with a cane in one hand and masturbate himself with the other.
Wow that's horrible .:eek::eek::eek:

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
I know a lot of Protestant Christians who believe in the death penalty. I just shake my head...and walk away in disbelief.

Here's what I ask Christians who advocate the death penalty? Would you be able to administer the lethal injection? If you have any doubts, then you need to rethink your stance.

Christianity is not, for the most, about love and understanding. Acting in accordance with the sacred heart of Jesus is to be counter-Christian.:rolleyes:

Captain Elephant

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had a lot of churching in me, too. I guess the reason they wanted us to turn away from the flesh was so we could get some work done. Otherwise we'd sit in a corner and wank all day. Or have great orgies. Maybe it's a revolt against Rome back then. Who knows?

But given the choice of being celibate or giving up pork I'll say goodbye to that ham sandwich.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's those who claim to be followers of Christ that are the problem. Those who bend things for their own profit, and control. Christ, or even religion in general isn't the problem. It's the people who are controlling things by using religion to accomplish their own agenda. Much like our (and other) forms of government. It's not the system, but the ruthless crooks who control it...

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Here's what I ask Christians who advocate the death penalty? Would you be able to administer the lethal injection?

I advocate the death penalty but I don't take it lightly. It's for the worst of the worst. The people who have killed and showed no respect for human life. I believe in our system of "innocent until proven guilty", even though it's hard at times, and I also believe in giving an accused person DNA tests and whatever is needed to prove his/her innocence. I would not be able to administer the lethal injection as it's not my job to do it. But if it were a loved one of mine who was murdered by a monster, and I was asked, I just might be able to do it.

Christianity is not, for the most, about love and understanding. Acting in accordance with the sacred heart of Jesus is to be counter-Christian.:rolleyes:

Christianity is about love, understanding, forgiveness, and all that is good. With that being said, it's not easy being a Christian when we live in an imperfect world. Jesus could forgive all because he was perfect. We are flawed humans and are incapable of perfection.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Christianity is about love, understanding, forgiveness, and all that is good. With that being said, it's not easy being a Christian when we live in an imperfect world. Jesus could forgive all because he was perfect. We are flawed humans and are incapable of perfection.

Speak for yourself! I'm perfect!

Just kidding, I'm the furtherest thing from perfect. Us mere mortals can't be compared to Jesus...

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
I advocate the death penalty but I don't take it lightly. It's for the worst of the worst. The people who have killed and showed no respect for human life. I believe in our system of "innocent until proven guilty", even though it's hard at times, and I also believe in giving an accused person DNA tests and whatever is needed to prove his/her innocence. I would not be able to administer the lethal injection as it's not my job to do it. But if it were a loved one of mine who was murdered by a monster, and I was asked, I just might be able to do it.

The point isn't whether or not it's your job to be a switch puller. If you were asked to pull the switch for any execution for $100, would you do it?

It is understandable how some victims' families could yearn for the execution for their loved one's murderer.

But, fundamentally, what good comes out the death penalty? Does it teach that vengeance is a Judeo-Christian virtue? Does it bring loved ones back from the dead? Does it help society at large in any way? Why do we have the right to rip the life out of a "monster"? The monster didn't have respect for life, and so we shouldn't either? Even the cruelest of mankind has a right to life, no matter what they've done. What they don't have a right to is freedom and pleasure.

How can you be a Christian and support the death penalty, I ask? If Jesus were a switch puller, I would want no part of him.

Life is so precious that its breath in the most evil of souls is priceless.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If you were asked to pull the switch for any execution for $100, would you do it?

If someone walked up to me right now and offered me $100 to pull the switch on someone I could not in any way, shape or form pull the switch. If it were a member of my family and I was asked to do it, I possibly could do it--for free. I would prefer someone else do it.

It is understandable how some victims' families could yearn for the execution for their loved one's murderer.

Especially if the victim were your child or partner.

What good comes out the death penalty?

Justice for the victim's family.

Does it teach that vengeance is a Judeo-Christian virtue?

No.

Does it bring loved ones back from the dead?

No.

Does it help society at large in any way?

No.

Why do we have the right to rip the life out of a "monster"?

He chose to take a life. Nobody forced him.

The monster didn't have respect for life, and so we shouldn't either?

Right. He made a choice. His victim wasn't as lucky.

Even the cruelest of mankind has a right to life, no matter what they've done. What they don't have a right to is freedom and pleasure.

And sometimes they get a cushy life sentence.

How can you be a Christian and support the death penalty?

Many do. An eye for an eye.

If Jesus were a switch puller, I would want no part of him.

Jesus would never pull the switch. That's why He is Jesus, and we are not.

Life is so precious that its breath in the most evil of souls is priceless.

I disagree. Would you feel that a killer who brutally murdered your child was precious?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I subscribe to the Christopher Hitchens school of "Oh no you didn't?" I wish my neurons were wired as well as his, but it's all that acid I took in the 60's -- it finally wore off!

I figure as long as I don't live in bad faith (and I'm not talking about christianity or any other religion, if you get my drift) and expire from this existence by having improved the human condition for at least one person (would rather it be for lots of people) without killing anyone, I'll consider this life to have been as success.

These modest goals are a lot more difficult to achieve than I originally thought.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I cannot for the life of me figure out any Christian justification for Capital Punishment. Here are the reasons I can think of for any form of punishment by the criminal justice system:

1. Deterence
  2. Rehabilitation
  3. Public Safety
  4. Justice
  5. Revenge
From my point of view, only 1-3 are Christian justifications for action by the government for a crime. Point 4 is not a Christian notion if it is interpreted as "evening the score". The Old Testament notion of "eye for an eye" was obviously repudiated by Jesus (he even said so directly). Christian justice should be concerned with fairness and equity. Punishing as a justice in itself is not a Christian notion.

Finally, #5 is right out. Sure you could ask me how I would feel about it if one of my children were murdered by someone, but fortunately we don't make our laws in this country by asking people in that condition how they would prefer their laws.

If one of my children were murdered, please allow me to rant, rave, and be as uncivil and unChristian as I want to be. Just don't let me near any sharp implements and don't put me in any kind of lawmaking capacity until I recover my emotional balance.

My opinion is that items 1 through 4 are well served with prison sentences, including life imprisomnent if necessary. Christianity can't possibly justify Capital punishment instead.