Have you run your Air Conditioner yet?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have not. I have a weird setup where the windows in my bedroom do not allow for an air conditioner and I have to use the one in the living room to cool the apartment. I think I will turn it on soon as I was very warm this morning when I woke up. My apartment is on the first floor and it is basement level so it keeps a milder temperature.

And obviously people in the south (US) and warn climates use it most of the year, so this question is not for them.

I also understand that it parts of Europe AC is not as popular as in the US.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Up until the last week or so, the air hasn't been run much. For several weeks in May, and almost all of April, it was the perfect temperature, and windows and doors were left open here. Glad that Summer is starting to show up now, as I am a swimming junkie.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
a week or two ago it hit an uncharacteristic 98° here on the San Francisco Peninsula. Last night it was windy and the temp in the low 50s. I'm in a new apartment and figure it's time to get a portable a/c.

thanks for asking.

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
:rolleyes: Americans.

Nope, it's not warm enough over here to have them. And when it does get warm (once in a blue moon) some of the shops have air conditioning and it's like walking into a heavenly fridge.

Except in cars, of course... but our climate is good for convertables, apparantly you don't find many of them in the US. (I want to get me a nice BMW convertable if I get lots of money)

Last edited:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I now live about 40 miles due west of Atlanta and I tried to hold off until June first; because of the ridicuously high cost of electricity in these parts. However, I ended up hooking up my portable A/C unit about a week before that. It was only in the low 80's but I have asthma and the combo of heat and humidity does me in. :frown1:

Our house has central a/c. Even when the rest of the house is cool and comfortable my room is an oven because it has one window with a SW exposure. I get full sun from about 1:00 PM until sunset. Since we are so near the Alabama border and the central time zone, sunset is about 8:30 PM or later in the summer, 9:30 PM.

As for winter we actually had a few flurries this past winter. It was cold, got down into the low 20's quite a few times. People in Georgia definetely need and use heat in the wintertime.

It's been 90 the last couple of days. Last summer we had something crazy like 45 consecutive days of 90F+ degree weather. Hence the major drought as we had no rain during that time either.

I would kill to be living back down the shore in New Jersey.

Last edited:

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes

its hot as hell down here. obviously you can second that njqt. we used ours a few days in february and beenusing it steady since the beginning of march.

when you live by teh water the humidity makes it seem 15-20 degrees hotter than it really is

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Another thing that sucks is the the AC unit in my apartment is probably over 20 years old so it certainly is not energy star efficient.

Another thing that suck is that my apartment is so low that I do not keep the windows open at night. In fact I seldom open them at all.

I love the summer anyway and will be moving to south Florida in two months.

Last edited:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I had to turn mine on tonight. The temp outside is around 65 F degrees outside, but my bedroom temperature was 82.

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mem.Get your butt to home depot etc before it gets hot.They sell portable air conditioners.You just stick a vent out a window.really easy to use.Plus as your unit in the living room is so old it costs more to run.I bought one for my bedroom as running the air thru my whole house is pricy.Plus I like it cold and matt likes it warmer.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mem.Get your butt to home depot etc before it gets hot.They sell portable air conditioners.You just stick a vent out a window.really easy to use.Plus as your unit in the living room is so old it costs more to run.I bought one for my bedroom as running the air thru my whole house is pricy.Plus I like it cold and matt likes it warmer.

I'm moving in 2 months anyway and I'm going to south Florida so I will be running the AC there about 12 months a year.