Have you seen all of the Oscar nominated films?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess I have been living under a rock,
because I have never heard of:

Letters From Iwo Jima, Half Nelson, The Last King of Scotland, Volver, Notes on a Scandal; Little Children.

I have heard of everything in the animated feature film category. However the one animated feature that I saw last year was "Over the Hedge." I LOVED it, y'all should rent it. . . . but it didn't get nominated.

So have you seen all of the Oscar nominated films?

List of Oscar Nominations
By The Associated Press

document.write(getElapsed("20070123T135954Z"));Tue Jan 23, 8:59 AM
Complete list of the 79th Annual Academy Award nominations announced Tuesday at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Beverly Hills, Calif.:

1. Best Picture: "Babel," "The Departed," "Letters From Iwo Jima," "Little Miss Sunshine," "The Queen."

2. Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, "Blood Diamond"; Ryan Gosling, "Half Nelson"; Peter O'Toole, "Venus"; Will Smith, "The Pursuit of Happyness"; Forest Whitaker, "The Last King of Scotland."

3. Actress: Penelope Cruz, "Volver"; Judi Dench, "Notes on a Scandal"; Helen Mirren, "The Queen"; Meryl Streep, "The Devil Wears Prada"; Kate Winslet, "Little Children."

4. Supporting Actor: Alan Arkin, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Jackie Earle Haley, "Little Children"; Djimon Hounsou, "Blood Diamond"; Eddie Murphy, "Dreamgirls"; Mark Wahlberg, "The Departed."

5. Supporting Actress: Adriana Barraza, "Babel"; Cate Blanchett, "Notes on a Scandal"; Abigail Breslin, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Jennifer Hudson, "Dreamgirls"; Rinko Kikuchi, "Babel."

6. Directing: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, "Babel"; Martin Scorsese, "The Departed"; Clint Eastwood, "Letters From Iwo Jima"; Stephen Frears, "The Queen"; Paul Greengrass, "United 93."

7. Foreign Language Film: "After the Wedding," Denmark; "Days of Glory (Indigenes)," Algeria; "The Lives of Others," Germany; "Pan's Labyrinth," Mexico; "Water," Canada.

8. Adapted Screenplay: Sacha Baron Cohen and Anthony Hines and Peter Baynham and Dan Mazer and Todd Phillips, "Borat Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan"; Alfonso Cuaron and Timothy J. Sexton and David Arata and Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, "Children of Men"; William Monahan, "The Departed"; Todd Field and Tom Perrotta, "Little Children"; Patrick Marber, "Notes on a Scandal."

9. Original Screenplay: Guillermo Arriaga, "Babel"; Iris Yamashita and Paul Haggis, "Letters From Iwo Jima"; Michael Arndt, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Guillermo del Toro, "Pan's Labyrinth"; Peter Morgan, "The Queen."

10. Animated Feature Film: "Cars," "Happy Feet," "Monster House."

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm under a rock too. I have, however, seen Dreamgirls. I loved it. That little girl can B_L_O_W. She deserves an Oscar.

THANK YOU! I am so glad that both she and Eddie got the nominations. Jennifer Hudson so deserves this . She is such a sweetie that she actually said to the camera, "Simon, I hope you are proud of me now."

1ceman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've seen a few of the nominees; Dreamgirls, Happy Feet, Cars, The Departed, and Children of Men.

Several are in my Netflix queue at the moment, and some are already here. I can't wait to see Devil Wears Prada, Little Miss Sunshine and United 93. Also, while they're in theatres I'll still try to catch Pursuit of Happyness, The Queen, Last King of Scotland, Pan's Labyrinth and Babel.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've seen a few of the nominees; Dreamgirls, Happy Feet, Cars, The Departed, and Children of Men.

Several are in my Netflix queue at the moment, and some are already here. I can't wait to see Devil Wears Prada, Little Miss Sunshine and United 93. Also, while they're in theatres I'll still try to catch Pursuit of Happyness, The Queen, Last King of Scotland, Pan's Labyrinth and Babel.
YOU will LOVE Meryl Streep in "Devil..." I am definitely buying the DVD. She is fabulous! It has to be Diana Vreeland she is channeling...

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I've heard of all of them except Half Nelson.I haven't seen any of them yet but I'll watch anything that Clint Eastwood is involved with.

They are saying that Gosling's Performance in Half Nelson is inspiring. Something about a teacher who is also an addict. I haven't seen it, but I gotta support the guy. He was born less than 1 hour from me.:tongue: :biggrin1:

I also want to throw my support to Ms Hudson. AS a guy who was a fan of hers when she was on IDOL, I look forward to any success she may have. Her voice is power personified, and she has such a presence on screen. I love her.:smile:

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I guess I have been living under a rock,

because I have never heard of:

Letters From Iwo Jima, Half Nelson, The Last King of Scotland, Volver, Notes on a Scandal; Little Children.

I have heard of everything in the animated feature film category. However the one animated feature that I saw last year was "Over the Hedge." I LOVED it, y'all should rent it. . . . but it didn't get nominated.

So have you seen all of the Oscar nominated films?

I have seen ALL of the best film noms except LFIJ and I was surprised and pissed Dreamgirls was not nominated.

I am torn between the Departed and The Queen whereas last year the far and away winner was Brokeback Mountain and I DID see all films last year.
DiCaprio for best actor if they go for most moving performance or O'Toole if they do like last year and award for body of work.
Helen Mirren for best actress though Winslet has been robbed too many times before.
Supporting Actor and Actress will definitely be Dreamgirls b/c they were robbed the best pic nominee. They were also both amazing performances. JENNIFER HUDSON floored me, I knew when she was on American Idol she had the chops to play Effie White.........I really thought her or Latoya London should have won AI not the screeching howler monkey impersonator.
Best Director Scorsese b/c he has been denied too much for his amazing movies.
Best Foreign film Pan's Labyrinth............when a film gets a 20 min standing ovation at Cannes you know it's special.
Adapted not sure but Original screenplay I would have to say Little Miss Sunshine which is a brilliant movie and I would not be upset if it won best picture either.
Animated film I would say HAPPY FEET..........though I would have nominated Flushed Away over Monster House.
Best Song Listen from Dreamgirls and Best Score BABEL but I really don't think the Academy will award Santaolalla twice in a row so I would say The Queen.

:banana:
HORSE

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Helen Mirren is apparently a lock for the Best Actress oscar.. I have not seen the movie, but everyone is saying how she protrayed the Queen as cold, heartless and unaffected by events. Having met the real deal; she came across as prim and proper (it would have been wierd if she had not) but hardly appeared to be heartless and uncaring. So, I am a bit confused how this can be an award winning performance.