Having a Hydrocele removed

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Ital79, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Ital79

Ital79 Member

Has anyone had this surgery before? What was your experience? Painful recovery? Long recovery? No sex for how long afterwards?

So far I don't have any real reason to get this thing taken out other than occasional pain and the way it looks. I had an ultrasound and all's well - no cancer. The doc told me that if I'm having trouble getting a girl pregant (not on my mind yet) then to have it removed but otherwise leave it. However, I want to get it done this year while I have good insurance assuming it's not a painful and long recovery (no PTO left). Not to mention it will make me look bigger since it will GREATLY reduce the relative size of my sack.

Thanks

2. Ital79

Ital79 Member

BTW I should mention I did read the other helpful threads on hydroceles but only one surgery experience is mentioned and it seemed to be out of the ordinary.

My hydrocele is small-moderate in size, not huge but enough to get in the way at times. It's on my left nut.

3. dickman45885

dickman45885 New Member

Albums:
    My surgeries were no real problem...first two it grew back within weeks. the last one took care of the problem. All were done on an outpatient under general anesthsia. Used lots of ice the first day to reduce/minimize swelling. Had meds for pain and an antibiotic. Also used tea tree oil and jojoa oil to reduce scarring, which was minimal. If you want to ask any questions feel free to pm me.

4. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

With hydroceles you can either leave them, have them drained (but the fluid comes back over the course usually of a few months), or there's surgical removal. I'm all for leaving things as they are if they're causing no problems as any surgical procedure has some risk however small, but you mentioned 'the way it looks and if you feel its unsightly I think that's a good enough reason for you to go for surgery.

5. benderforward

benderforward New Member

i had a hydrocele surgically removed a few years back and it was painless. they knocked me out during the surgery, of course. i got a blowjob the next day and everything functioned fine. the only complaint i have is that, just as the doctor warned me might happen, there was some loss of sensitivity (ie nerve damage) around the removal area. the sensation has since returned.

6. basque9

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have lived with one since it was discovered during an Army physical in 1956. Every doctor since has advised me to leave it alone, since it is rarely painful and cannot be seen with my fuzz covering it! Does make the sack fuller, but that is not so bad! Has not had any impact on semen production!
    One thing that might suggest having it removed is that it can become quite tender if fondled during sex!

7. D_Hands Christian Anderson

i was supposed to have mine operated on last week,
    but instead the doctor told me that these days what
    he usually does is drain the hydrocele, and then inject
    this fluid that scars up the hydrocele (makes it shrink up into nothingness)
    and keeps it from coming back.

i had that done last week.
    and i am extremely pleased with the results. although there is a small hint of size difference between the two, my testicles now actually look like there part of a team! as opposed to a massiive looking ball that almost swallows up the other one!
    and i can actually wear pants without worring how big my budlge looks..which is exactly what i was constantly worrying about for the last year+.

if you have any questions, drop me a private message and i'll do my best to pass some information your way.

8. BJT

BJT New Member

9. D_Hands Christian Anderson

unfortunatly its began a comeback..and as a result im a little depressed.
    does anyone know how long you have to wait between surgerys before it can be recorrected?
    also..just out of curiousity..since there seems to be a few guys on here with hydroceles..or past experiences with the matter.
    im not sure if its just me..but having an odd shaped scrotum due to the hydrocele has quite viciosuly attacked my confidence when it comes to sexual relations.
    this girl has been chasing me for a few weeks now, and Im avoiding sex with her all together due to my situation. although the majority of hydrocels i see on the internet are much much more grotesque (larger more obvious) than mine, i still feel somewhat 'freakish' in the scrotum department. i have this huge worry that the girl in context might go down on me, and think i have something wrong with me..or might be turned off all together. its gotten to the point where i have thought of strategic ways of going about foreplay, so she wont actually go down on me (hence she probably wont take notice).
    the idea was..id go down on her, make her scream in delight a couple times before i sit up, put on a condom and go to town. pretty much make it all about pleasing her..
    but any input from both males or females would be greatly appreciated.

Draft saved Draft deleted