having sex with a coworker

D_Hairy Truman

Experimental Member
Media
we're in a "relationship" as we're both single. maybe there has been another thread about have sex with coworkers. does anybody find this right or wrong in the workplace?

gigantor68

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it can make it very hard if the relationship goes sour, you have to think of the consequences, would you be able to keep working there if the relationship doesn't work?

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sometimes the chemistry is so intense that it's worth the risk. Just do what you can do to be discreet. It's no one else's business but you and your partner. Good luck with it and have fun!

some companies have policies against coworkers dating. i've done it 3 times over the years and no bad has come of it. be discreet and if the relationship ends, be mature about it.

Fire Stick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've done this, but not in a very long time. There were never any bad consequences, but logically, the potential is there. The individual circumstances matter a lot.

D_Hairy Truman

Experimental Member
Media
i guess i have to say also that she suffers from depression and she has admitted to me that even though i am in her life the depression has not lifted. so i really do not care to be involved anymore.

D_Edwin Eatser

Sexy Member
Media
Married my ex after a long co-worker affair, and years later in another job had a couple of co-worker affairs and ran a young co-worker mistress for a couple of years. As long as you are not in the same management chain and neither of you can be accused of favoritism, then work is a great place to meet people for sex. Great opportunities to take co-workers on business trips away from home, "work Late" or even have sex in the workplace - happy memories of fucking in the lockable shower-room.

lysander815

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Don't ever do it if its a person you work closely with. I've tried it a couple of times, and it always ends awkwardly, no matter how much you like each other at the beginning. I can't fathom a person hot enough that would make me risk my job/happiness at that job. There's a reason most companies make you disclose relationships, and its because they can often crash and burn.

D_Alec_Baldtwins

Account Disabled
Media
As a career manager and executive who's on occasion been called upon to clean up the aftermath of workplace affairs gone wrong, my advice to you is to be very careful, especially if the person you're screwing has psychological problems, as you seem to be pointing out. At very least, if she causes a stink because it ends badly, you could very well lose your job. I've seen these dalliances destroy careers, marriages, and reputations. I'm sure there were also plenty I didn't know about that went just fine. I would never do it, but that's just me. It's amazing to me what people are willing to risk for an orgasm...

MartinBexley

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It can be really hot though ... all the intrigue and grasping a quickie when you know others are in the next office.... I did this several times and always enjoyed the risky business...lol

swat611

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have had sex with 6 of my co-workers over the period of time i've worked where i work. I have zero self control. Sometimes it makes things crazy at work, but sometimes its worth it.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

Had a girlfriend at work when I was single,it didn't last long because of her kids and the cultural differences.We are still friends.She told all her female co workers about my size though, which has made me the brunt of some funny jokes and nicknames.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
you can have discrimination charges against you if the other person complains. companies are required to maintain a workplace without sexual harassment. that policy can get you fired.

as an employment manager, my favorite cartoon was a blond bombshell in an interview: "Reason for leaving my last job? I got caught having an affair with the employment manager."

D_fbq01hbc

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The chance to dip my wick in the office ink has never arisen. But given that where I work would make Scrooge's office seem like a liberal environment I suppose I am grateful. Have met some very lovely people away from work in the past though :)