Having your dad circumcised

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I figured it had been a few hours since the last circumcision thread; so, hey, why not start a new one!

Now in this one I want to know your views on having dear old dad circumcised. Why would you have it done or not have it done?

If my dad were still among the living, I would leave him as he was.

(and let's try to keep this civilized)

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For some of us, this may be a decision we have to make as our parents grow older. I've talked with a few older men who've chosen to be circumcised very late in life because their adult-onset diabetes allowed more (and more serious) infections under the foreskin due to the change in their urine.

If your father is uncircumcised and has adult-onset diabetes and has dementia or other cognitive problems, you may have to make this decision for him.

NCbear (who's being serious at the moment)

Damian Johnson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Even though Im circumcised, my dad is uncut

Hes always said that he thought a circumcised cock was better looking, more manly and cleaner

Yeah! I'd probably have him circumcised if he'd go along with it

I know that he watched me as my cock got circumcised - I know for a fact that I WILL NOT BE DOING THAT WITH HIM - I hate hospitals and surgeries!

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I wouldn't have wanted that for dear dad even if his Medicare would have covered the whole cost. Incidentally, that's one way to bring down the cost of health care: just forget about circumcision, enjoy the natural. The uncut cock has possibilities that are out of reach for the circumcised. I can think of "docking" which I thought my teen friend and I had discovered for the first time in human history. But, we were learning by doing.

Gnashin Teefe

Sexy Member
Media
I am cut. My dad is uncut. My dad has expressed to me that he would have preferred to be circumcised. That is why he had me and my brothers cut.

I am very happy with my circumcised cock.

I would support my dad if he ever decided to go through with getting circumcised, but I doubt he will at this point.

S

SirConcis

If it gets to a point where kids have the power to have their dad circumcised, it means that the dad doesn't that that much longer to live and there is no real point in getting it done.

aka: before hospitals let you make medical decisions on your parents, the parents have to be pretty near death and incapable of making their own decisions.

If he has problem foreksin and infectiosn etc, then doctors can make the medical, decision to circumcise him.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
SirConcis, it appears that you're saying medical indications are the only reasons circumcision should be done. I think the O/P was alluding to other reasons, right?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I figured it had been a few hours since the last circumcision thread; so, hey, why not start a new one! We gotta get you a hobby! :headache:
Now in this one I want to know your views on having dear old dad circumcised. Why would you have it done or not have it done? It's not even a thought in my mind. I don't even know the status of his penis other than that he has one. Nor do I want to know. To answer your question I would never do that to him.
If my dad were still among the living, I would leave him as he was.(and let's try to keep this civilized)

please people,how old were you when your dads did this to you??
:lmao: In America it has been the custom for about 100 years to circumcise boys at birth, before they leave the hospital.

Even though Im circumcised, my dad is uncut

Hes always said that he thought a circumcised cock was better looking, more manly and cleaner.

Yeah! I'd probably have him circumcised if he'd go along with it WTF!?! :eek: Why? :confused: He wasn't trying to hurt you. He did what he thought at the time was best for you.

I know that he watched me as my cock got circumcised - I know for a fact that I WILL NOT BE DOING THAT WITH HIM - I hate hospitals and surgeries!

For some of us, this may be a decision we have to make as our parents grow older. I've talked with a few older men who've chosen to be circumcised very late in life because their adult-onset diabetes allowed more (and more serious) infections under the foreskin due to the change in their urine. OMG! I had never heard of this! :eek: If it is medically necessary then yes; but I would hate to know that my dad had reached the point where he could not make that decision himself. :frown1:

If your father is uncircumcised and has adult-onset diabetes and has dementia or other cognitive problems, you may have to make this decision for him.

NCbear (who's being serious at the moment)
Thanks for the info NCbear. I learn the most incredible things here.:cool:

S

SirConcis

SirConcis, it appears that you're saying medical indications are the only reasons circumcision should be done. I think the O/P was alluding to other reasons, right?

If the children have legal custody of their dad, it is because the dad is sufficiently impaired. At that point, children would have to have a hell of a good reason to order their dad to be circumcised unless it were not an obvious and immediate medical problem.

When someone else gains authority on a patient's life, (such as children on their father), it is because the patient is in grave health. In such circumstances, cosmetic/elective surgery is the last thing a hospital would agree to.

Now, if a patient has a severe urinary infection and a severe phimosis, the doctors may decide circumcision would be medically indicated. This children may have to sign a consent form, but the request to circumcise would come from the doctor, not from the kids.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
SirConcis, would "keeping it cleaner" or "preventing infection" be reasons to do it? Let's assume, for this discussion, there's no existing medical indication.

S

SirConcis

SirConcis, would "keeping it cleaner" or "preventing infection" be reasons to do it? Let's assume, for this discussion, there's no existing medical indication.

If the kids are given the right to make medical decision for their father, it is because the father's condition is pretty dire. At such a point, elective surgery would not be considered. You don't want to create any wounds on a weak/sick person.

Now, if the father is still mentally competant, then he will be the one making the medical decisions, and the kids would then have to convince him to choose to get circumcised.