Hayfever and foreskin - odd question I know...

stvy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi

Just an odd thought thats crossed my mind, it's probably just a coincidence, but it made me wonder.

For the last week or so my foreskin has become a little dry and tight, and I remember the same thing happened around this time last year and then just went away by itself.

The only thing I can think that happens around this time of year is my hayfever starts playing up and I start taking antihisthamines. Could the antihisthamines I've been taking be causing some kind of foreskin reaction?

From google it sounds like some people feel antihisthamines and decongestants dry out their nasal passages, but noone seems to mention anything lower down.

Have any of you guys had anything similar?

SteveT

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've had hayfever every year since I was 14. Not been so bad this year cos of the constant rain!

Anyway, I never experienced this!

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Decongestants or antihistamines can dry the mouth, throat, and eyes. The inner foreskin is composed soft mucosa which is similar to lips, inside of mouth, and inner eyelids. I'd say it's plausible that either could dry the inner foreskin. But I haven't read anything to that effect.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Steve's on the right track.

Antihistamines and decongestants are systemic in their functions, one of which is to inhibit mucosal secretions. While this is great for drying up a runny nose, unfortunately they can't be limited to nasopharyngeal mucosa only. So yes, it's entirely likely that's what's drying your foreskin. You might want to scale down the amount you're taking if the dryness is bothering you.

Or you could just get yourself circumcised. :wink:

NiceDude

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Don't get yourself circumcised! haha, you may also be more allergic to things in general during this period, such as the washing powder used to clean your underwear. You may want to wear looser underwear... I wouldn't stress too much about it, as long as you're sure it's not an STD...

stvy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So I suppose it could be a general increase in sensitivity to other things, as I do tend to react more to cats during summer than winter, as well as the tablets etc.

I'll ease off the tablets for a few days, the pollen hasnt been so bad this last week anyway, and see if that improves things. Ive been putting a little vasoline on today to try to moisturise it a bit anyway.

I considered Savlon at first, but then thought that might make things worse.

It aint an STD, unless its something with an incubation period of a couple of years, and I've no plans to get cut, but thanks for the suggestions anyway. :)

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
HazelGod, I saw the wink-smiley. My main point was we agreed on something. I was in a state-of-shock.

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
Interesting question. I get pretty bad hayfever from March to about now, though as people have said, it's been so wet in Europe that I've been off the antihistamine for a couple of weeks now. I'm not good on antihistamine anyway - either makes me a zombie or a manic - so I try to keep them to a minimum, so I've never noticed any more drying under the foreskin. But then I have a pretty loose and short foreskin, so it's probably drier than the average most of the time.

But I'll certainly take notice next season when the time comes round where there's no alternative to antihistamine.