HBO's "Big Love". (Supposedly) a new provocative gay storyline coming Jan. 10

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse, Dec 16, 2009.

1. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

I watched about every episode of HBO's "Big Love" during its first season (I really like Chloë Sevigny and Jeanne Tripplehorn; all three of the wives play so well together and have a graceful chemistry), then I watched sporadically during the second. Like Showtime's "Weeds", it's a solid, well-crafted show. I just didn't feel compelled enough to faithfully view after the first season.

Anyway, the season 4 premiere is coming January 10th, and there's a clandestine gay storyline that looks like it's going to be fairly interesting within the framework of this LDS drama -- so, I'm going to give it another go.

Plus Sissy Spacek is joining the cast, a "multi-episode storyarc", a good thing in my book, she's a wonderful actor.

I think this bisexual character, Alby Grant, has had deeply closeted homosexual encounters in the past, but they're giving him a decent storyarc this time round.

"Big Love" returns to TV with provocative gay story - Yahoo! News

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice