HD Ready Or Not! Here I Come?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
32" LCD TVs have gotten very cheap lately. I've seen them at Costco for between $500 and $600. Here is a trick to get in if you are not a member there. Tell them you are going to the pharmacy, they have to let you in without a membership because a pharmacy is federally regulated or some other reason but you don't even have to get a temp account.

I bought mine a few years ago and it is great. It has a VGA port and I can hook my laptop to it.

32" is a perfect size to have at the foot of your bed and very inexpensive right now compared to a few years ago.

The non hi-def picture is also excellent.

Also watch the home shopping networks, they often have very good deals on them.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
32" LCD TVs have gotten very cheap lately. I've seen them at Costco for between $500 and $600. Here is a trick to get in if you are not a member there. Tell them you are going to the pharmacy, they have to let you in without a membership because a pharmacy is federally regulated or some other reason but you don't even have to get a temp account.

:confused: Of course Costco may be different in the US but in the UK you need to use/show your membership at the checkout (membership number is encoded on the receipt) so sneaking in under 'false pretenses' will do you precisely no good at all because you won't be able to pay for your bargain telly.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i think all LCDs are HD. its is addictive. now that i have it, i refuse to watch standard definition

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah LCD's do look good. Freeview/Digital TV looks amazing on my monitor.

Anyway I was just wondering: Is there any REAL difference between brands? I would hope there isn't since I don't want to spend loads on a Samsung or LG TV.

However, I noticed that a certain TV has 'the new Samsung screen 120Hz) and everyone is saying its amazing.

Therefore: should I settle for a lesser known brand or spend a bit more on a Samsung HDTV (or at least one that uses the Samsung screen)?

The 32" brands I'm watching are:

Grunding
Technika
Sharp Aquos
Hitachi
Vistron (uses the new Samsung screen)
Samsung

Any to avoid? Thanks.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The 32" brands I'm watching are:

Grunding
Technika
Sharp Aquos
Hitachi
Vistron (uses the new Samsung screen)
Samsung

Any to avoid? Thanks.

I'd avoid anything by Reliysis, but they may have improved. Actually I think they went bust, which kind of backs me up, sorry redundant info. I'd also be wary of bottom of the market items by Techwood. But it can be a crapshoot at the lower end of any market.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay