HDTV Power Suppies - Cheap?

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm looking at a "faulty" HDTV. Apparently it is "totally dead" and no LED's come on. I therefore assume the power supply has died. Are these cheap/easy to replace? I assume it would require a repairman - what do you think the cost would be.

Just wondering if its viable.

PS the model is a Hitachi LD6200

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm looking at a "faulty" HDTV. Apparently it is "totally dead" and no LED's come on. I therefore assume the power supply has died. Are these cheap/easy to replace? I assume it would require a repairman - what do you think the cost would be.

Just wondering if its viable.

PS the model is a Hitachi LD6200
SLB,
If it is under warantee, get it fixed the conventional way. However, see if there is a brand and model number for the supply. Sometimes they are OEMed and you might be able to find it on Google from its original vendor.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would not even buy a refurbished one. I bought a refurbished vacuum cleaner once and it quickly broke, it was still under warranty and it was fixed and I've had it for over 10 years.

I've heard it said on TV by an expert that you should not repair a TV if it is more than 2 years old and if the cost of the repair is more than 1/4 of what a new one would cost.