he came out

D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov

Account Disabled
Media
I found this man's profile in a bodybuilding site. We both lived in the same country, but in different cities. I wrote up to him asking for some advice on supplements, etc. He sounded like a "normal" guy and was very friendly in his response, even if I was a complete stranger. One word leads to another, and I told him that I didn't want to become too big (maybe I can't anyway, due to my age), because I don't want to attract looks on to my body. Then he said that it felt marvellous to be checked wherever he went. I told him I had a jealous wife, and he answered that maybe my wife might as well start improving her own body (well, actually she doesn't need to...). Then I told him in a jokling way: "I don't know if you are married or have a gf, but you must know that women, when they are not jealous, are controlling, LOL".

He didn't reply for a long time. I thought he would never write again, but this morning as I opened my inbox, there was a very short message from him that caused me to drop my teeth. I had not directly asked him anything and I was not suspecting anything, either. His message read:

<<Actually I have a husband, and I love him very much.>>

I couldn't refrain myself from writing back: << If you want to, we can talk freely about that.>>

How would you have reacted?

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think you reacted in a good way. One of the hard things about being gay is everyone expecting you to be straight. I wear a wedding ring and have to correct a woman in my office all the time when she says, "Well, your wife..." "I don't have a wife," i usually the beginning of my response.

He thought about what to type to you and then decided to share that information. Your response validated his rick in trusting you with his truth.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hmmm ... good question, given that he's not an intimate, I don't see that his orientation or situation is anything I should think of, involve myself in, or comment on ... hmmm :scratchchin:

D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov

Account Disabled
Media
hmmm ... good question, given that he's not an intimate, I don't see that his orientation or situation is anything I should think of, involve myself in, or comment on ... hmmm :scratchchin:

Well, I don't mean to criticize him in any way. Maybe I was just seizing the opportunity to talk more about this issue with someone who was open with me for some reason. I am dealing with this issue in my own life, you know. I need to talk to people about this in a safe way.