He is Here Pope Benedict XV1

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well,

It is official Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger has been chosen to follow the man who is now being refered to as John Paul the Great. Cardinal Ratzinger was not a suprising choice. He is 78 years of age. Best wishes and prayers to him for this most weighty of duties.

Naughty

Leung

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by naughty@Apr 19 2005, 05:48 PM
Well,

It is official Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger has been chosen to follow the man who is now being refered to as John Paul the Great. Cardinal Ratzinger was not a suprising choice. He is 78 years of age. Best wishes and prayers to him for this most weighty of duties.

Naughty
[post=302075]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn you naughty! You beat me to it!
I was mildly surprised, he is the first German, I would have put money on it being a South American. His Italian is good!
I wish him well in the future!

PS: It is Benedict XVI

NelsonMuntz84:
Originally posted by naughty@Apr 19 2005, 06:51 PM
NO,

Its His Holiness, the Supreme Pontiff of the Roman Catholic Church ,Pope Benedict XVI ! LOL!

Naughty
[post=302104]Quoted post[/post]​

Its His Holiness,the bishop of Rome, the Supreme Pontiff of the Roman Catholic Church, leader of 1 billion, the big fella, the head man, the leader of the gang!!!

Also before anyone posts it, he is not a Nazi....

"Traunstein was also where the new Pope went through the harrowing years of Nazi rule and the Second World War.

In his memoirs, the new Pope wrote that he was enrolled in the Nazi youth movement against his will when he was 14 in 1941, when membership was compulsory. He said he was soon let out because of his studies for the priesthood.

Two years later he was drafted into a Nazi anti-aircraft unit as a helper, a common task for teenage boys too young to be soldiers. A year later he was released, only to be sent to the Austrian-Hungarian border to construct tank barriers.

He deserted the Germany army in May, 1945, and returned to Traunstein — a risky move, since deserters were shot on the spot if caught, or publicly hanged as examples to others.

When he arrived home, U.S. soldiers took him prisoner and held him in a POW camp for several weeks. Upon his release, he re-entered the seminary."

His Father was a well known Anti-Nazi, and their were several attempts to kill him.

NelsonMuntz84: He's a stop gap Pope, it was viewed the other cardinals in the running were to young, and they dont want another 25 year Pope.

He's very anti-paedophilia within the church, and is very open in his dislike of the Americans Cardinals, or many of them I should say. He is also very Anti Mason within Rome.

basically he'll be Pope 5 years, 10 years tops, not much will change except for maybe the mason and paedophilia issues, and then these other Cardinals will then be older and more acceptable.

Its really the vote for the next Pope that will be open, this one was always going to put a steady hand in place for the short term.

You may however see a huge debate within the Church begin, which is ironic because he is a hardliner, but people need to remember the church does not change over night, even if there is will to do somethings, it will still take over 10 years for change, and thats not even thinking of contreversal issues.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by naughty@Apr 19 2005, 04:48 PM
Well,

Naughty
[post=302075]Quoted post[/post]​
Tnanks for the news, naughty. I hadn't listened to radio or seen tv this morning. LPSG works well regarding a variety of subjects!

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by NelsonMuntz84@Apr 19 2005, 01:25 PM
He's a stop gap Pope, it was viewed the other cardinals in the running were to young, and they dont want another 25 year Pope.

He's very anti-paedophilia within the church, and is very open in his dislike of the Americans Cardinals, or many of them I should say. He is also very Anti Mason within Rome.

basically he'll be Pope 5 years, 10 years tops, not much will change except for maybe the mason and paedophilia issues, and then these other Cardinals will then be older and more acceptable.

Its really the vote for the next Pope that will be open, this one was always going to put a steady hand in place for the short term.

You may however see a huge debate within the Church begin, which is ironic because he is a hardliner, but people need to remember the church does not change over night, even if there is will to do somethings, it will still take over 10 years for change, and thats not even thinking of contreversal issues.
[post=302116]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't give a shit. Anyone who thinks that homosexuality is "an intrinsic evil" needs to be kept in a position of non power. He's a dangerous man with dangerous views.

NelsonMuntz84:
Originally posted by surferboy+Apr 19 2005, 07:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(surferboy &#064; Apr 19 2005, 07:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-NelsonMuntz84@Apr 19 2005, 01:25 PM
He&#39;s a stop gap Pope, it was viewed the other cardinals in the running were to young, and they dont want another 25 year Pope.

He&#39;s very anti-paedophilia within the church, and is very open in his dislike of the Americans Cardinals, or many of them I should say. He is also very Anti Mason within Rome.

basically he&#39;ll be Pope 5 years, 10 years tops, not much will change except for maybe the mason and paedophilia issues, and then these other Cardinals will then be older and more acceptable.

[post=302116]Quoted post[/post]​

I don&#39;t give a shit. Anyone who thinks that homosexuality is "an intrinsic evil" needs to be kept in a position of non power. He&#39;s a dangerous man with dangerous views.
[post=302126]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

What a surprise you letting everyone know your opinion, if you want to start a thread about that go and do it.

Of course its only your thoughts and believes that matter has you&#39;ve shown on countless threads, because respect = agree with you.

I could say this and that about it, but whats the point you have neither the ego to listen to anyone else or the brain, so I wont bother.

Homosexuality being excepted within the Church wouldn&#39;t have happened today with a Liberial pope, but you live in a country were its still not accepted in some states, does that make all Americans evil ? by the way your President thinks it, at least I didn&#39;t elect him.

this Pope will change nothing, thats what he has been appointed for and its during those years that people will try to position a liberial and more sympathetic pope, but had you read my post rather than just posting your opinion so we can all yet again know what you think, you would have got that, this pope in the long term actually means there a better chance of a more liberial pope in 5 years.

I dont agree with alot of the things the church teaches, but I stay within it, because to leave means change will never come, but halfwits like you who just snipe from the sidelines and know nothing really get on my nerves.

No doubt your cheer leaders will come out to defend you, but your what ,1 month older than me, and you know nothing, you offer opinions about things you obviously have no understanding off and its bit tiresome, that belly rumbles and it all comes out, very rarely with any ideas or preceptions to what really goes on in life.

My post about him not being a Nazi was for your benefit by the way, incase someone told you that again and you decided to make a arse of yourself today.

If your ever going to become a teacher you will need to learn that events are not just about what happen on that day, but what it will allow to happen in the future.

Oh and by the way, if you ever started a conversation with me in person with "I dont give a shit", you&#39;d be spending a week in a hospital bed, some buddhist you are, you cant even talk with any grace, respect or be nice online when someone hasn&#39;t even been rude to you., christ knows what your like in day to day life.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Oh an even bigger surpise, you bein a fuckin prick. Excuse me if I have an opinion. The life a lemming isn&#39;t the life for everyone.

And another thing, I&#39;d LOVE to see you even try to hit me. See how fast you&#39;ll be looking at me from the flat of yer back. And don&#39;t patronize me about my religion. As with all religions, there&#39;s the hardcore, right wingers, and the lighter left wingers.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, Nelson, I don&#39;t think that was a good call to threaten to hit someone because you didn&#39;t like what he said, that just might be a first around here.

I do hope this Pope will do something about corruption within the church, I believe that is what the insiders could do best, but it would be nice to see a man in that position who wouldn&#39;t be as anti-gay as he seems to be. I&#39;ll take a wait and see attitude, but I&#39;m really tired of the attitudes of intolerance from government and religion, I just don&#39;t understand the benefits of any of it.

Now for the cheerleading portion of the post, Nixxy, I commend your passion. Nothing gets done by standing idly by, I think you could have a good deal of impact on others in your lifetime.

NelsonMuntz84:
Originally posted by madame_zora@Apr 19 2005, 08:55 PM
Wow, Nelson, I don&#39;t think that was a good call to threaten to hit someone because you didn&#39;t like what he said, that just might be a first around here.

I do hope this Pope will do something about corruption within the church, I believe that is what the insiders could do best, but it would be nice to see a man in that position who wouldn&#39;t be as anti-gay as he seems to be. I&#39;ll take a wait and see attitude, but I&#39;m really tired of the attitudes of intolerance from government and religion, I just don&#39;t understand the benefits of any of it.

Now for the cheerleading portion of the post, Nixxy, I commend your passion. Nothing gets done by standing idly by, I think you could have a good deal of impact on others in your lifetime.
[post=302155]Quoted post[/post]​

No offense but you saved his arse when he was making a complete an utter idiot of himself last month agruing with Naughty, well he&#39;s older than me, whats his excuse this time ? He doesn&#39;t respect anyone else believes or idea, and if you think its okay for someone to start a post, "I dont give a shit" and get a nice response, then I&#39;m sorry I&#39;m not that type of person.

He offers no opinion, no insight, he just lets his belly rumble and alot of people on here lick his arse for it. If you all think thats fine, good for you lot, its not for me. I stand by what I said, and tell me if someone said that you in real life, would you turn the other cheek or tell them to fuck off ? because I know which one you&#39;d even from reading your posts on here.

I like you, your intellegent and I dont have a problem with you in the slightest, but I did know you&#39;d post on this backing him, leave him to it, I think its pretty ironic that I&#39;m far more liberial than he is, he is the one on other threads that decried my faith, I didn&#39;t attack him for being gay or his religious believes.

I&#39;m nice to people who are nice to me, but I dont suffer fools, and suferboy is a muppet of the highest order.

NelsonMuntz84:
Originally posted by surferboy@Apr 19 2005, 08:13 PM
Oh an even bigger surpise, you bein a fuckin prick. Excuse me if I have an opinion. The life a lemming isn&#39;t the life for everyone.

And another thing, I&#39;d LOVE to see you even try to hit me. See how fast you&#39;ll be looking at me from the flat of yer back. And don&#39;t patronize me about my religion. As with all religions, there&#39;s the hardcore, right wingers, and the lighter left wingers.
[post=302137]Quoted post[/post]​

Did the Dalai Lama teach you to call people a Prick when you met him ? good to know he knows what the kids are up these days&#33;

I&#39;d like to see you tell me you "Dont give a shit" for what I said to my face, people on here might kiss your arse but thats because most want in your pants, all you had to say was, I disagree, I think he was a poor choice, but you dont have the brain, wit or mind for that, you launch into your usual self opinionated pish, that says nothing apart from, "Look at me, I&#39;m just interested in listening to the sound of my own voice again"

You dont know anything about your religion, thats the problem or mine as matter of fact, there things I like and dislike about mine, but at leasts it me, you know nothing at all and if your what American university&#39;s are sending out in to the world God help them, try read a book now and again, expand that tiny little world of yours.

I&#39;m as left wing a Catholic as you will meet, my cousin is gay and I&#39;m very vocal in support of homosexual&#39;s place within the Church, I work with a homeless shelter, and know but for the grace of God any of us could end up there, I see Catholic Priests, Protestant ministers etc out to all hours trying to help those who are sick, cold and tired of life. Its you who is right wing, you attack others believes and opinions, but back it up with nothing, go and actually see something of life before you become a teacher, life isn&#39;t black and white as you have it.

If you had behaved like a grown up and answered my post in a adult way I wouldn&#39;t have had a go at you, in future dont respond to anything I write unless you can put your brain into motion, now run along someone must be starting a thread saying how great you are somewhere.

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Nelson, I completely respect your beliefs and what you have to say. Same thing with Nixxy. I&#39;m sorry that you are feeling personally attacked, I&#39;m sure that was not the initial intention of the debate. As far as Jana is concerned, perhaps you should reread her post. By no means does she imply that Nixxy is right and you are wrong. She simply stated that Nixxy&#39;s passion comes through and she commends him for speaking up. The exact same thing could be said for you Nelson. Your passion shines through and kudos for speaking up. As far as the Pope is concerned, I hope and pray that he is a turn in the tide for the better. Peace ~ Kyle

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just so there&#39;s no misunderstanding whether this is my opinion or the official stand of the Church, here follows a verbatim quote about homosexuals from the English translation of the new Catechism of the Catholic Church:

They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God&#39;s will in their lives

This is official Roman Catholic doctrine.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow Nelson, that&#39;s one hell of a rant, who do you think you are, me? :D Anyway, it&#39;s obvious you have a vendetta out for Nixxy, I just don&#39;t share it. If someone said they didn&#39;t give a shit about Clinton because they thought he was a liar, I&#39;d probably retort, but I can assure you it wouldn&#39;t come to threats. Feel free to check all my posts, it&#39;s never come to that yet.

I wonder why you feel the need to say Nixxy knows nothing. I guess it helps discredit someone&#39;s view if you put them down, I just don&#39;t think that&#39;s the best way to get your point across, it just escalates bad vibes. Anyway, this was supposed to be about the new Pope, and I wish him well. We&#39;ve never shied away from controvery here nor hesitated to post opposing views on various subjects, I hope it stays that way. Just my .02, for once.

NelsonMuntz84:
Originally posted by jeepwranglerboi@Apr 19 2005, 10:11 PM
Nelson, I completely respect your beliefs and what you have to say. Same thing with Nixxy. I&#39;m sorry that you are feeling personally attacked, I&#39;m sure that was not the initial intention of the debate. As far as Jana is concerned, perhaps you should reread her post. By no means does she imply that Nixxy is right and you are wrong. She simply stated that Nixxy&#39;s passion comes through and she commends him for speaking up. The exact same thing could be said for you Nelson. Your passion shines through and kudos for speaking up. As far as the Pope is concerned, I hope and pray that he is a turn in the tide for the better. Peace ~ Kyle
[post=302196]Quoted post[/post]​

I certainly wasn&#39;t having a go at her, I was just pointing out that I&#39;d live and die on my response to people on here, I&#39;d never start a response to someone as he did, it was disrespectful, and it happens because excuse after excuse is picked out to help, and I merly highlighted the thread with naughty where this happened before.

I&#39;m not the person who goes on and on about respect but wont even offer it responding to others opinions in an adult manner.

As I said, I have no problem with him disliking the new Pope, he isn&#39;t exactly who I would have picked either, but his response to something that was just a general comment, was childish, as was much of his comments on the JPII thread.

He can say whatever he likes in whatever way he likes, but if he or anyone else thinks they are talking to me like a halfwit, they can piss off.

Now the reason I wasn&#39;t cheeky to you is simple, you weren&#39;t cheeky to me or disrespectful in anyway, he seems to think the idea of respect is him getting it, and my observing it, that an&#39;t going to happen.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow Nelson, that&#39;s one hell of a rant, who do you think you are, me? :D Anyway, it&#39;s obvious you have a vendetta out for Nixxy, I just don&#39;t share it. If someone said they didn&#39;t give a shit about Clinton because they thought he was a liar, I&#39;d probably retort, but I can assure you it wouldn&#39;t come to threats. Feel free to check all my posts, it&#39;s never come to that yet.

I wonder why you feel the need to say Nixxy knows nothing. I guess it helps discredit someone&#39;s view if you put them down, I just don&#39;t think that&#39;s the best way to get your point across, it just escalates bad vibes. Anyway, this was supposed to be about the new Pope, and I wish him well. We&#39;ve never shied away from controvery here nor hesitated to post opposing views on various subjects, I hope it stays that way. Just my .02, for once.