he likes me?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by thefroh, Nov 29, 2010.

1. thefroh

thefroh Member

Let me start this off by saying that i am bi(but more leaning toward gay) and that I go to church mostly just to keep up appearances etc. and I turned eighteen last year. The other guy is about a year older.

I know a lot people in my church since I was a little kid and up till about last year I didn't really care about any of them. Last year, though, me and this other guy started talking a lot and I started getting feelings for him. He's smart, funny, has a lot of friends, and is REALLY sexy and I didn't understand why he was being so nice to me (im more shy than anything else) until i thought that he might like me. We always talk to each other after church is over and when he's around me, he's always telling jokes and stories. I'll look over at him and see him looking at me and then he'll look away really fast. He smiles a lot when Im around him and he listens to me really intently when I talk, like Im the only other person around. In church, he'll sit next to me a lot of the time and even if there's a lot of space in the pews, he'll ALWAYS sit really close to me. When we're sitting next to each other, he'll slowly(almost not noticeably) spread his legs and feet apart and graze mine and because I dont move away, he continues to do it and if I spread my legs a little and touch him, he never moves away and sometimes it feels as if hes pushing back a little.

I think he likes me but i dont know. anyone who knows feel like telling me lol?

#1 thefroh, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  2. badgirl22

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Sounds classic to me. I'd say you're reading this one correctly!

3. thefroh

thefroh Member

does the setting make it weird though? im afraid that if i make some sort of move that he'll freak out or something and tell someone else and never come near me again :( .

i am glad to hear someone else think he's interested tho because i cant get him off my mind. I have dreams about him all the time and i practically count the days until sunday.

4. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Congratulations on your new boyfriend, Captain. I say this with some caution, however.

The only question would be, for a guy so young, is is he able to deal with the implications of what he's doing in interracting with you, as you've already seemed to have questioned? This you'll have to guage for yourself, but it sounds pretty promising. It's always so sweet to hear stories like this. Thanks for sharing it with us, and good luck.

Is your congregation or socio-cultural milieu a conservative one?

#4 B_RedDude, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  5. Charles Finn

Gold Member

Albums:
    whatever you do do it away from church
    take it slow and enjoy the time you have together

6. thefroh

thefroh Member

Thanks! Im pretty sure the church itself is against homosexuals in general but i think more of the individuals (excluding priests) tend to be accepting. and to the last comment i intend to take it slow and far from the church lol. I've had enough of that place for ten lifetimes :D

7. haulthat

haulthat Member

Albums:
    Just don't play it like a slut, most of us think thats hot but I doubt it with this guy. Just tell him you get along with him, trust him, and would like to hang out beyond your church walls. Don't invite him to a gay bar. Just do shit with him. Keep it strictly friendship to see if he grows closer to you. It sounds like at the very least he would make an amazing friend, at best he will make an amazing lover. Doubt he would work as a fuck buddy.

8. XSILVER

XSILVER Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I think that is the cutest thing ever. Your entering the most exciting stage of a new relationship. I will agree with the others in saying be cautious in and around the church. I would approach him at the begining of church and ask him if he wants to chill after the service or something. Go grab breakfast or something. Sounds to me like you will get a sure acceptance. PLEASE let us know what happens

9. mattsrod7

Gold Member

Albums:
    If your talking to him after church one day be like, hey wanna grab some dinner or invite him over or something. See if he goes to a bible study and hang out with him, see where things go

10. heist

heist New Member

Albums:
    Definitely try to get his number if you're a texter, and try to hang out with him out of church. Get him to open up more personally. Just don't go crazy and don't become obsessed!

11. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Easier said than done.:biggrin1:

12. Florida Boy

Gold Member

Great. Play it slowly.

13. erratic

Gold Member

Dude, that's awesome. It's hot and cute all at once.

As for the setting, no it's not weird at all. It's the only one where you guys are together. Maybe you should ask him if he wants to do something back at your place?

Anyway, enjoy it. It sounds like wonderful fun.

14. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Catholic or Episcopal?

15. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

ask him to do something non-threatening like getting a burger and fries or shop at the mall. I wouldn't invite him to your place immediately unless it's for something lie playing computer games. aim for having fun.

16. XSILVER

XSILVER Well-Known Member

Albums:
    speedomike, thats perfect!!!

17. thefroh

thefroh Member

Ok i like the advice. Im gonna see if he wants to hang out after church and ill see what happens :D

18. pacman1062

pacman1062 Member

Well, at least somebody likes you. It's hard not to become obsessed. But try!!!! There is a woman that I love. I wish she wanted more, but, alas, I'm stuck. Please do not fall into the hole I am in.

19. B_jeepguy2

B_jeepguy2 New Member

This is SO classic. I am pretty sure this dude is gay or at least bi and is TOTALLY into you but if he is a church boy he may not be comfortable with his feelings for other dudes. Take it very slow so you won't scare him off. Invite him to lunch after church, maybe ask him if he wants to get coffee sometime and see where it leads.

When I was your age there was this cute dude at my church who used to do this EXACT same thing. I was too naive and stupid to pick up on all the clues back then. He is now out and lives with his boyfriend in DC.

#19 B_jeepguy2, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  20. thefroh

thefroh Member

thanks for all the really good advice and stuff lol :D. I was going to ask him if he wanted to do something after church but he wasn't here this week.Im a little sad because i didnt get to see him but i guess it gives me more time to think about what i'm gonna say, right?

Any suggestions as to what i can say other than what ive read?

Draft saved Draft deleted