head shape/injury

Steve26: Do other bigger guys, especially those with mushroom-shaped heads, find that the skin on the shaft right beneath the head tends to tear a bit and get raw if their partner isn't 100% lubed up? I sometimes have a problem with this ... when it happens, I need to take a few days off, with a dab of antibiotic ointment, just to let it heal up.

I used to think maybe my penis was somehow just "thin-skinned," but when I saw the recent thread on head shape I began to wonder whether maybe my mushroom-ish head (about 1/3" wider in diameter than the shaft right beneath) is just creating some kind of unusual pulling on that specific part of my dick. That's the ONLY place it ever gets sore like that.

I know, I know -- take-home message is the importance of lubing up -- I was just curious how common this problem is among others.

Steve

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yep....fucking without
some amount of lube causes
this for me...right up around the head
i have had some chafing
in the past...really hurts...

Max

Sexy Member
Media
Yes Steve ....

I know exactly what you mean. I think what I tend to call the "neck", because it's my slimmest part, seems to be most prone to injury. Probably the skin is fairly delicate there. I know that when I first started having sex there would often be a little bleeding there, but it still happens sometimes even now.

I'm not sure whether it relates to the size of the head, although I have the same promounced mushroom shape as you. Nor might it be anything to do with foreskin or lack of it (I am uncut).

My guess is that in my case at least it's more a matter of depth of penetration and my much greater girth a few inches lower down the shaft. If I make longer strokes than usual, and the lubrication isn't enough, or if I risk being just a bit more forceful, that's when I'm likely to get this sort of effect. (Or indeed cause problems to my wife!) The tension from the friction is just that bit too much for the most delicate part of the skin.

I'd say more lube lower down the shaft as well as higher up is one answer.