Headache after cumming

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My friend (with benefits :smile:) suffers from post-orgasmic headache. :frown1:

It is a bummer. I want my man to feel good, like he makes me feel, when I bring him to a climax. But very soon after cumming he gets a severe headache centred around his eyes and his mood plunges - he becomes depressed and irritable. He's aware of this and will explain himself as he withdraws from my company, so he's handling it well. But I'm hoping there's a cure.

Does anyone else suffer from this? Or have any tips?

I've done a quick google, found lots of people suffering from it, some academic papers, but no solutions so far.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It's a tumor. No, just kidding. But the guy may have the potential for an aneurysm because of elevated blood pressure returning to normal after having sex. Not kidding. Aneurysms can often cause a serious headache after exertion. They are not always silent killers. I'd go to a doc who could do a PET scan or MRI and specializes in those things. Once they blow, well let's just say your chances are too good to live and see another sunrise. Then again, it's probably just tumor.

Last edited:
D

deleted356736

Post-orgasm headaches are not uncommon and usually harmless, caused by the sudden rise in blood pressure. I sometimes get them, generally several minutes after orgasm. I believe drinking adequate amounts of water (in this case before sex) may help. I always have a glass of water beside my bed, which may be why I don't get them very often.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I had an issue with headaches after cumming.

However, it came around the same time as an issue with my equilibrium and high fever. After a month, I found that I wasn't getting a massive migrane anymore.

Kris makes a good point though. Masturbation and sex does dehydrate you quite a bit. The more water in your system, the better you may feel. Suggest he drink some water before sex.

D_T_Frothingill_Bellows

Account Disabled
Media
this used to happen to me a lot

there were times after i'd reached climax when all i could do was just turn off the lights and try to sleep cuz it hurt just breathing

i remember finding out later that it wasn't too big of a deal, and is actually sorta common in men, but that we need to be careful because it could also be an aneurism

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks for the input, guys. Dehydration may well have something to do with it. I have noticed he has very little fluid intake compared to me.

Lol, one piece of advice on the mayoclinic site was to take a more passive role in sex. He's doing that already. And he's not exactly exerting himself when I bring him off either. So hopefully it's not a blood-pressure or aneurism thing.

He has regular medical checkups, but hasn't mentioned this problem to his doctor. I've told him not to be embarrased about it and to bring it up next time.

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
mark...i had a post coital migraine about 6 months ago...floored me...thought a stroke was happening..took a few days to fully recover from headache...dr says some what common...may never happen again..sure hope he is right...he also said some guys happen everytime..so felt lucky...you sound like a good mate...i am sure he apprecites your concern...that may comfort him more than anything....

osxwrangler

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have had what I call Thunder Clap headaches after I cum. I call them that because they hit me like a bolt of lightening and it feels like the top of my head is going to blow off. It has only happened a few time. They tend to happen when I am very anxious and excited at the same time.

I am prone to migraines. I am sure there is a correlation. My guess is it has something to do with the blood vessels in my head dilating. This is also the cause of migraines.

I have talked to my doctor about it and he wasn't too concerned since it has only happened a few times.

They really are terrible things to have. Especially when it's with a man you've only just met and he doesn't understand. It also makes you not want to be with him again because of the association of sex with him and the headache. That's even worse since the sex was so incredible. :-(

D

deleted957600

I've begun to experience sex headaches in the past few years. I read that they're more common in men and I'm female. During one of the last few times I felt a headache coming on, I took some deep breaths which seemed to help. I read the above posts and will try drinking water as well. I find myself wanting to take a nap if I have one of these headaches. Oddly, I normally don't even get headaches but I do get these.

Reactions: ronin001

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Burning sensation at the end of my big fucker after I shoot a wad. And, no, it's not a STD. It has to do with too much acid in your urethra (in your cum).

I don't get it all the time - just every few months (2-3 times in a row). I drink lots of water and piss a lot.

I have to milk my dick hard after I shoot to get all the cum out of it.