Headaches because of size

mistere: I am wondering how many of you out there have my problem. When erect my penis reaches about 9.8 inches long and has a diameter of about 2 inches, and I get headaches when i have erections for long periods of time, or multiple times in a short period. I fear that it is because of the amount of blood needed to erect my penis, and that it draws from my brain essentially, resulting in a headache. Its a theory of mine, anyone know if it is true or not? or have a similiar problem?

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've got a 7x5.8 or so and I've had it up for several hours at a time (I got bored when I had a couple classes in a row one day) and never got a headache. Of course I'm significantly smaller in the size department. Another factor could be your blood pressure.

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
Hmm...Since it's not a whole lot of blood, if it really was the lack of blood perhaps you're anemic. My best guess would be a big hormone release when you get that hard and horny for that long of a period of time. The overdose of hormone chemicals, if you could call it that, might cause some parts of your brain behave differently or "feel" differently, resulting in a headache. That is just a total guess on my part, though I thought I read something about it once, so don't kill me if I'm wrong :D

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
yeah this sounds like a blood pressure / physiology issue to me. I'm 11 x 9 fully hard and the only times I've ever suffered dizzy spells and/or headaches during arousal is while I've been really ill.

I imagine it's most likely just a result of how your body is put together ... but without wishing to push any panic buttons, you might wanna check it out with a doctor anyway, just in case they think you need an ECG. it's (usually) better to be safe than sorry.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by mistere@Mar 7 2005, 03:12 AM
I fear that it is because of the amount of blood needed to erect my penis, and that it draws from my brain essentially, resulting in a headache.

That doesn't happen because your heart won't allow it to happen. Providing sufficient blood to the vitals is the heart's first priority; it will not re-route blood needed for the brain's functions to the erection. When reactions like dizziness and headaches occur near orgasm, it is a result of a glut of blood, not a deficit, produced by the heart pumping double-time to keep up with the body's demands. That's why the face often flushes red and the body gets so warm and sweaty during sexual activity: blood is rushing through the blood system at a faster than average rate.

philberttrw

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Mar 7 2005, 03:42 AM
yeah this sounds like a blood pressure / physiology issue to me. I'm 11 x 9 fully hard and the only times I've ever suffered dizzy spells and/or headaches during arousal is while I've been really ill.

I imagine it's most likely just a result of how your body is put together ... but without wishing to push any panic buttons, you might wanna check it out with a doctor anyway, just in case they think you need an ECG. it's (usually) better to be safe than sorry.
[post=288839]Quoted post[/post]​

I think if I was around you while you had such a hardon, I'd be the one having dizzy spells, Rock.

*whew*

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Headaches during or after sex are very common in men. I have them sometimes myself. Most of the reports I have read attribute them to increased (not decreased) blood pressure and tension brought about by sexual arousal. For the most part, such headaches are harmless, but the items cited below do point out that such a headache may be symptomatic of a serious underlying cause in rare cases.

The Mayo Clinic has the following to say:

If you experience a severe headache during intercourse, know that it usually isn't serious. One type of sex-related headache brings a dull ache in your head and neck that builds up during intercourse. These headaches are caused when you tighten muscles in your neck and head during sex. A second type appears as a severe, explosive pain during orgasm, which may be due to increased blood pressure in the head caused by expanding blood vessels. The pain may last anywhere from a minute to a few hours. Sometimes taking a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) before sexual activity can prevent the headache.

Here are some news items on "sex headaches:"

From the BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2367201.stm

From the Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?objec...ABCD37DB121C90A (scroll down near the end)

From a Woman's Health Forum: http://www.estronaut.com/a/sex_headaches_c...l_cephalgia.htm

From the National Headache Foundation: http://www.headaches.org/consumer/topicsheets/sexual.html

As you can see, none of the causes mentioned in the articles has anything to do with a massive erection draining the blood from your brain. That was, however, the subject of a parody Playboy article about 20 years ago.

BuffMusicIdol

Just Browsing
Media
Wow, sounds like Dr Ericbear has some great info.

Thanks for the Q: A: guys.

I would have guessed blood vessel expansion combined with hormone increase.

Phil and Dr Rock, you both crack me up. You are both charming. One intices, the other sort of "scares" but somehow it's charming in the process. I get the impression you are the reality of the Far Side, Rock.

hehe.

Cool.