Health Effects of using vegetable oil as Lube

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by matt121matt121, Nov 4, 2010.

1. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    I know this would be a bad thing if your using condoms, but what about for just different sex scenarios where condoms are not needed, such as dildo play etc.

what are the heath concerns of using vegetable oil as lube?

2. Cybearia

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I would have thought vegetable oil would be a good health choice as a lube, compared to one of the saturated fat options.

Say "NO" to butter...go 9 1/2 weeks lite with vegetable oil...

3. D_Jimmy Jammer

D_Jimmy Jammer New Member

If you smell something cooking during an vigorous bout of masturbation..stop. :biggrin1:

4. robbob1961

robbob1961 New Member

My wife was prone to yeast infections and corn oil was actually recommended by her doctor I cant say what it effects on condoms are

5. B_hardasarokkk

B_hardasarokkk New Member

olive oil....mmmmmmmmmm
    lasts forever.

6. erratic

Gold Member

You're totally right, and I just requoted it for the benefit of those who don't know yet. Never ever mix condoms and oil-based lube. Oil-based products slowly dissolve the condom, and dissolved condoms aren't good protection.

Vegetable oils (provided you're not allergic to said vegetable) are fantastic for masturbation and responsible unprotected penetrative sex (ie. long-term monogamous relationship). Different oils have different viscosities, so you'll want to experiment a bit to find the ones you like. Olive oil is heavier, but lasts longer and is a carrier oil, so the first application will soak in a bit and nourish your skin.

Vegetable oils are also tastier most synthetic or petroleum-based lubes should you go from a handjob to oral. You also don't have to worry about finding out in ten years that your favourite lube is carcinogenic or some shit like that (no shit - many sex toys contain some pretty evil chemicals).

7. D_Navengil Nutroll

D_Navengil Nutroll New Member

never thought of olive oil before. hmm. and i am a good italian - always some around. :)

8. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    Definitely!!.. I knew this, but good to ensure other people know..

Interesting, thanks for the info..

Yea i've heard alittle about different kinds of toys being bad.. it sucks that there are bad chemicals in practically everything

I recently discovered that organic lubes do exist.. do you have any that you like?

9. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

No problem with vegetable based oils as long as they are clean and are not holding any bacteria. Use a squirt bottle or hand pump that used to have some sort of oil based product and you should be fine.

AS has been said this is a major problem with condoms however.

10. erratic

Gold Member

You can get sex toys that don't have BPA or phthalates in them. Most sex toy shops (in Canada anyway) can recommend them, and some manufacturers are advertising which ones are BPA and phthalate free. I know, here in Canada, Priape does that. They're not even more expensive than the alternatives.

I googled "organic lube" to answer your question, and there's a whole pile of water-based organic lubes out there, as well as reviews and testimonials.

Draft saved Draft deleted