Healthy??

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
As a 25 year old teacher to be, I find that I am coming into contact with many various types of disease.

This flu brought on a 4 day weakness of my body and has kept me bedridden. Even now, I am laying in bed on my laptop, wondering if the lightheaded feeling will ever truly subside.

My question to those of you who are in the medical field, have children, teach, or have just come up with a surefire way to avoid illness, .... any advice on what one can do to boost one's immune system to Juggernaut level?

Honestly, I'll do just about anything to get rid of this... the headache alone blew me on my back for two days.:mad::rolleyes:

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As a 25 year old teacher to be, I find that I am coming into contact with many various types of disease.
Watch out for STDs... they can sideline your love life for a while.

As for other stuff, maybe you'll build up some immunity as time passes. Oh, get a flu shot.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I'm not an M.D. but I've learned a few things from being around children over the years:

Never, ever touch your eyes or nose until you've washed your hands. They have membranes that provide a direct access to your bloodstream. The back of the throat also has these membranes, but the eyes and nose are the most problematic. Your hands always pick up germs while you are in public. I know people who carry around Purell, but this seems extreme. Soap and water will kill bacteria, viruses, fungi and possibly prions.

Also, once you get a virus, or feel one coming on, take zinc. It's been proven to cut the recovery time by 1/3.

The CDC claims that the flu shot that it's using is only 40% effective, but it's usually up to 90% effective... and worth getting imho.

Cheers. GWS!

viruses or viri?

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I rarely ever get sick, even when people around me drop like flies. (Do you think I'm causing this to happen to them?!)

- - - - - -

All kidding aside, to feel better pretty damn quick I recommend...

Elephant Piss:

1 lemon
1-2 cloves garlic
2-3 drops or shakes of red pepper flakes/jalepeno/Tabasco (anything really HOT)
1-2 spoons honey
A cup of hot water (not boiling, you don't want to kill the vitamin C)

In a blender, squeeze a lemon and throw a chunk of the peel in there (for the bioflavinoids), and then throw everything else in the blender, whiz it around, and drink without making too many faces.

- - - - - -

In general, try to keep stress levels down. Take zinc, take your vitamins and eat lots of fruits and vegetables. If you can't be bothered to prepare veggies, then go to the health food store and buy a can of powdered veggies.

Hope you feel better soon, dahling.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Elephant Piss:

1 lemon
1-2 cloves garlic
2-3 drops or shakes of red pepper flakes/jalepeno/Tabasco (anything really HOT)
1-2 spoons honey
A cup of hot water (not boiling, you don't want to kill the vitamin C)

Very interesting HM. In Africa where HIV medication isn't available they use a concoction of lemon juice, garlic and salt mixed in water. Many doctors use this treatment, claiming that it's as effective as conventional anti-viral medication.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, and hydration -- really important. Drink lots of water, herb teas, broth -- anything you can get down. Your lymph system needs lots of water to function properly. (Your lymph system is the "transport and supply" system of your body's army against disease.)

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very interesting HM. In Africa where HIV medication isn't available they use a concoction of lemon juice, garlic and salt mixed in water. Many doctors use this treatment, claiming that it's as effective as conventional anti-viral medication.

Wow -- I didn't know that. Even more reason to use it!

B_superlarge

Experimental Member
Media

This flu brought on a 4 day weakness of my body and has kept me bedridden. Even now, I am laying in bed on my laptop, wondering if the lightheaded feeling will ever truly subside.

My question to those of you who are in the medical field, have children, teach, or have just come up with a surefire way to avoid illness, .... any advice on what one can do to boost one's immune system to Juggernaut level?

Honestly, I'll do just about anything to get rid of this... the headache alone blew me on my back for two days.:mad::rolleyes:

Some folks swear by 1000 mg of vitamin c per day for protection.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
a flu shot every year is a little insurance. i get the flu shot every year and if I do get it, it is no way as severe as it might have been. $25 is not bad insurance, $15 at the local health dept. too late for you now, but there is always next year.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know how you're feeling.I've just been suffering with a splitting headache for a couple of days caused by sinus trouble.Aspirin and paracetamol had no effect,you just have to wait for it to leave.
I'm better today so I'll be going out in the - 7C temperatures tonight and probably cause a relapse. :rolleyes:

lttlgrllst

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
An RN I know swears by the ester C vitamins. She takes one every morning and if she feels like she's coming down with something she takes another at night.
Zinc is also really good, as someone else already mentioned. Something like Coldeze, it has zinc in it.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Jeff, if you got this winter's flu shot then it might be assumed you don't have Influenza A, the bug we have here in our house. Our GP has seen a lot of it since January.

His advice on Influenza A:
It lasts 4 weeks and is often accompanied by depression. In some the first week is the worst with fever, sore throat and typical aches and general malaise. There is a risk of it paving the way for pnuemonia, so if the fever is getting worse and you are coughing up green phlegm after the first week to 10 days seek a doctor's advice and you will likely be put on antibiotics.

He also said that the depression can last longer than the physical symptoms, making the whole thing play out to 6 weeks.

I wish I had gone for the free flu shot last fall. Get well soon Jeff!