Healthy??

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Cristaline vitamin C (ascobic acid) sold in bulk at health food stores seems to really help me keep colds beaten back. I take it with fruit juice several times a day if I feel something coming on. Despite teaching (at the university level, but most of my students have kids), I haven't been in-bed sick for more than a day in several years (watch it happen now). I also get a flu shot every year.
Dave

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As a 25 year old teacher to be, I find that I am coming into contact with many various types of disease.

This flu brought on a 4 day weakness of my body and has kept me bedridden. Even now, I am laying in bed on my laptop, wondering if the lightheaded feeling will ever truly subside.

My question to those of you who are in the medical field, have children, teach, or have just come up with a surefire way to avoid illness, .... any advice on what one can do to boost one's immune system to Juggernaut level?

Honestly, I'll do just about anything to get rid of this... the headache alone blew me on my back for two days.:mad::rolleyes:

Jeff--I used to be a teacher, as you know. You have to wash your hands religiously and refuse to touch your face, and also keep your hands out of your eyes, nose and mouth. Once you do that, you will see that the germs of students (And other people) do not make you as sick as often.

I have not had the flu since 1993 and have maybe one cold per year.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Spoiled Princess and Rugbypup have it right. To build a strong immune system you must exercise it. Just like muscles or your brain.

You also have to train it. Many first-world people live in super-sanitary environments. We're bombarded with commercials that tell us that dangerous bacteria will harm our kids. We use anti-bacterial soap, we clean our counters several times a day, we throw our jeans in the was after wearing them just once. If our immune system can't recognize the proteins of new invaders, then we become even more vulnerable than people who live in dirty conditions. Allergies are almost non-existant in third-world nations because their immune systems are too busy fighting off disease.

P.S. - Lex you really gotta read the whole thread bud

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rec is perfectly right, our home is our home not a germ warfare zone yet some people attempt to keep their home almost sterile, if you never encounter any germs your immune system is going to be crappy.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Thank you for all the tricks. I'm feeling 87% better. I think it must have been a new strand of flu, because I have never had those side effects.

P.s, I'm not even close to being a neat freak. Germs and I co-habitate.:wink: